Deployed in the US--our creeping militarization

If the article is so good, why is it you won't comment on it or post a blurb from it?

before I could, I was bringing back this other with the explanation, thinking it would let me edit, it wouldn't and so your reply here beat me to the punch.

I just thought the line spoke for itself, but no worry.

Don't remember saying anything about it being so great, either.

Unfortunately, plans are afoot to change that time-honored policy. There have already been temporary troop deployments in the airports and on the Canadian and Mexican borders and calls to make border militarization permanent. The Pentagon has also shown a disturbing interest in high-tech surveillance of American citizens. And key figures in the Bush administration and Congress have considered weakening the Posse Comitatus Act, the federal statute that limits the government's ability to use the military for domestic police work.

source

Yup.

When you starve the people and local and state governments into submission, it's a good idea to have plenty of force available for those who won't starve quietly like good citizens.

This is an old article. More recent events should be more alarming to us. They deployed Blackwater in New Orleans after Katrina hit to "protect" private industry from looters.

This means that Blackwater was deployed on American soil against civilian targets.

Blackwater has profited highly from the Iraq & Afghanistan wars. They are now seeking to become a private Emergency Response group as well. Do we really want mercenaries patrolling our streets, violating our civil liberties...or worse, slaughtering civilians with impunity?

Face it, the government will only pass laws that protect private industry from legal ramifications and provide blanket immunity...while stripping away the liberties guaranteed in the Constitution.

For all you veterans out there, is this what you and your fellow soldiers fought and died for?

This is an old article. More recent events should be more alarming to us. They deployed Blackwater in New Orleans after Katrina hit to "protect" private industry from looters.

This means that Blackwater was deployed on American soil against civilian targets.

Blackwater has profited highly from the Iraq & Afghanistan wars. They are now seeking to become a private Emergency Response group as well. Do we really want mercenaries patrolling our streets, violating our civil liberties...or worse, slaughtering civilians with impunity?

Face it, the government will only pass laws that protect private industry from legal ramifications and provide blanket immunity...while stripping away the liberties guaranteed in the Constitution.

For all you veterans out there, is this what you and your fellow soldiers fought and died for?

Blackwater is not the US military. It is a private security firm.

I have a problem with using the military to enforce domestic law. It's not their role.

I don't have a problem with using the military as border enforcement. That IS within the scope of the military's role.

I have a problem with using the military to enforce domestic law. It's not their role.

I don't have a problem with using the military as border enforcement. That IS within the scope of the military's role.
Those are good points.
Blackwater has done a good job or we would be hearing the media bash them more often.

This is an old article. More recent events should be more alarming to us. They deployed Blackwater in New Orleans after Katrina hit to "protect" private industry from looters...

Do we really want mercenaries patrolling our streets, violating our civil liberties...or worse, slaughtering civilians with impunity?

Face it, the government will only...strip[ping] away the liberties guaranteed in the Constitution.

When can Awareness make any grander an entrance than in these troublesome times?

If it is old, yet was barely read or known about to begin with, what difference did it ever make?.. Like the ol' if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, does it make a noise?..

Some of the grandest things ever handed down are very Old. Ask your Vets. ;o)

BTW, by your own standards, then, this link: Police Breaking Into Houses of Flood Victims in Iowa noworldsystem.com ...trumps Blackwater on Katrina.:D

Game Up.:funnyface:

Last edited:

The military has enough on their plate without adding border enforcement missions. This type of mission degrades readiness because they cannot train to their primary mission while they are doing it and they are using their equipment during the deployment thereby reducing the equipment's readiness.

Some of the video I've seen of the Mexican border indicate that a para-military force is needed there, but only if we will allow them to kill the militants that are coming over the border to ply the drug trade. If that's the case we better deploy and Armored Cavalry Regiment equivalent. My understanding is those guys are better funded than the Mexican Army.

The Army should only be used in these roles on a temporary and emergency basis. If we need Army weapons, then we should train up a heavier armed force within our border service.

Blackwater is not a U.S. Military force. It does not belong to any branch of the Armed Services. It his a privately controlled para-military force.

Well as a vet this has nothing to do with what my fellow soldiers and I have fought and died for. Blackwater is a PRIVATE SECURITY FIRM. I have zero issues with private companies hiring a security firm to protect their interests. When you figure out what the hell you are talking about then post.:eusa_clap:

Well as a vet this has nothing to do with what my fellow soldiers and I have fought and died for. Blackwater is a PRIVATE SECURITY FIRM. I have zero issues with private companies hiring a security firm to protect their interests. When you figure out what the hell you are talking about then post.:eusa_clap:

Exactly...no different than a privately owned "armed" security gaurd at the mall. They are private firms...they just happened to be more armed.

The real solution here is to post BW on the boarder. then, much like the Dept of State, we have a US private firm protecting US intrests both home and abroad. look if the private sector can do it better than why not let them? BW didn't fire a single shot durring Katrina so what did they do that was so wrong? is protecting a private intrest and protecting resources for FEMA such a bad thing?

Just because the press wants you to hate BW dose not make them evil. do your own research.

Is it really so crazy that our miltary is stationed on our OWN land?? Makes more sense to me than alot of things.

Is it really so crazy that our miltary is stationed on our OWN land?? Makes more sense to me than alot of things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4]YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8&feature=related]YouTube - National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans[/ame]

This is what our miltary was used for during Hurricane Katrina.

How dare people want to protect themselves from lootists, murderers, and rapists!

Or shoot at military helicopters sent to provide food and other aid

Links?

I could see stopping people from doing that. However, barging into the house of little old ladies and men, going into these mansions and poor neighborhoods and taking their guns which are their only protection from the people who are shooting at the military helpicopters?

That makes sense right? :rolleyes:

Just because there are some criminals in every society, doesn't mean you take everyone's rights.

But if they only took certain peoples rights it would be racism or a political agenda against people with lower income

Forum List

Back