Deplorable

Do you think this treatment of children reflects poorly on America

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost 300 migrant children have been removed from a border patrol facility in Texas after media reports of lawyers describing “appalling” and potentially dangerous conditions, Department of Homeland Security officials told NBC News.

Lawyers who recently visited two Texas facilities holding migrant children described seeing young children and teenagers not being able to shower for days or even weeks, inadequate food, flu outbreaks and prolonged periods of detention.

Yeah, Trump and his swamp creatures are deplorable, in fact they are evil and criminal.
Perhaps the liberal media should show the pictures of Obama's facilities and the children in 'cages' separated from adults and claim they are Trump's again.....

They got busted the 1st time...but maybe it has been long enough for people to have forgotten and for it to possibly work this time...

:p

Or perhaps if Democrats would stop denying this is a crisis and refusing to act, conditions would probably not be this bad....but by all means keep blaming Trump and the GOP for the conditions that continue to grow due to the Democrats' refusal to act or even acknowledge the problem....
THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA is a joke.

Almost 300 migrant children have been removed from a border patrol facility in Texas after media reports of lawyers describing “appalling” and potentially dangerous conditions, Department of Homeland Security officials told NBC News.

Lawyers who recently visited two Texas facilities holding migrant children described seeing young children and teenagers not being able to shower for days or even weeks, inadequate food, flu outbreaks and prolonged periods of detention.

Yeah, Trump and his swamp creatures are deplorable, in fact they are evil and criminal.
Trump is deplorable in that Kelly admitted separating children and keeping them in detention in violation of Flores consent decree was "a deterrent." We don't, or haven't, put children in literal cages just to send a message about being "tough." Kelly is retired, but hopefully Neilsen will never hold a job that exposed the public to her …. lack of character.

However, Trump (and Obama) inherited a system whereby if a child gets into the US … they go into foster care. They're home free. Free Mediaid. Free K-12. And they even are eligible for financial aid. I find that insane.

Obama proposed holding families together in basically motels until amnesty/refugee status could be determined in a court, but that didn't fly with Flores.

I don't see an option other than the one floated by Trump to not allow ANY amnesty/refugee applications to be filed in the US, and require the individuals file something in their home country. And yes I realize that's hardly helpful when there are death squads, but the US is not responsible for every bad thing that happens.

Your desire to talk instead of build, is rejected. BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
Don't you mean, FINISH THE FUCKING WALL?

I meant what I said. I said what I meant. Your desire to quibble is noted and rejected.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
Aren't we still waiting on the check from Mexico to clear?

Your support of unchecked, unlimited and unvetted flow of third worlders over our souther border is noted.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
As soon as the check from Mexico clears, which should be any day now, any day now, LOL.

What a bunch of gullible idiots you trump bootlickers are.

You are the one focused on that. I never was. So shove your gullible shit back up your ass where you pulled it from.

Your support of unchecked, unlimited and unvetted flow of third worlders over our souther border is noted.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

I meant what I said. I said what I meant. Your desire to quibble is noted and rejected.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
Memo: Mexico is paying for the troops on their southern border.
When are they paying for the wall, as promised?

Don't know, don't care.

You want to admit that you just want to see America flooded with outsiders, cause you hate it?

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
Show me where I've ever stated that I want open borders. You are fucking moron who just parrots what you're told to parrot.

LOL!!! Your end game is obvious. I note that you did not even deny it. Was that a function of some level of shame on your part?

True.

We see proof of that every day on this very forum .

Trump is deplorable in that Kelly admitted separating children and keeping them in detention in violation of Flores consent decree was "a deterrent." We don't, or haven't, put children in literal cages just to send a message about being "tough." Kelly is retired, but hopefully Neilsen will never hold a job that exposed the public to her …. lack of character.

However, Trump (and Obama) inherited a system whereby if a child gets into the US … they go into foster care. They're home free. Free Mediaid. Free K-12. And they even are eligible for financial aid. I find that insane.

Obama proposed holding families together in basically motels until amnesty/refugee status could be determined in a court, but that didn't fly with Flores.

I don't see an option other than the one floated by Trump to not allow ANY amnesty/refugee applications to be filed in the US, and require the individuals file something in their home country. And yes I realize that's hardly helpful when there are death squads, but the US is not responsible for every bad thing that happens.
Foster care is a business. Many immigrants use the payments from the state paid Foster care progam as an industry. Many Filipinos and Ghanans have foster care facilities.

Now, with the massive unflux of underage invaders foster care is the pipeline to sex trafficking of minors.

Human trafficking in America among worst in world: report

This is where liberal feel good policies lead. And who knows, it could well be intentional.

I'm guessing you consider yourself to be a Pro-Lifer?

No. I’m Anti-Abortion and Pro Death Penalty. Life is not the major point of those beliefs... facing the consequences of personal decisions, is.

So you'd put children to death for their parents decisions. I'd ask how you reconcile belief with your whole "personal decisions" rant, that but we both know you can't. You're just an asshole on the internet playing the character of a hard ass when in reality you're a nobody.

Foster care is a business. Many immigrants use the payments from the state paid Foster care progam as an industry. Many Filipinos and Ghanans have foster care facilities.

Now, with the massive unflux of underage invaders foster care is the pipeline to sex trafficking of minors.

This is where liberal feel good policies lead. And who knows, it could well be intentional.

Well it seems from your post, you've posted out of ignorance and bias. My experience is that Community Care Licensing and the Social Workers and Probation Agents who place kids in group homes close down those which have not demonstrated quality care for the minors and solid preparation for those who time out, usually at age 18.

What is your experience and why do you doubt that government agents don't do their jobs? Clearly every agency I've been associated with, or provided technical assistance to had policies they enforced along with the laws of the state in which they operated (in spite of the fact that Homeland Security seems to be above the law).

they could go home right? why don't they? come on play your moral card, while you allow the murder of babies at planned parenthood. your fking morals are for shit. I have more morals in my little toe.

Open your home to a Refugee Youth today!

I think foster care is preferable to Trump cages. But I also thought the best approach would have been to try and amend the Flores settlement decree to allow families to be kept together in the motel like settings the Obama admin sought, and to expedite hearings on whether the entire family stayed as refugees or were ordered to return to where they came from.

As I posted originally, although the solution is very less than ideal, I don't see what we can do now but to adopt Trump's position that all refugees must seek that status in their home country before being allowed to come into the US without facing immediate, and non-judicial deportation.

Trumpists: a group that supports abusing children for political purposes.

There is no other explanation for not treating children well. These people care more for unborn zygotes then they do for children already born and suffering.

I would not go so far.

But I will not be drawn into defending the actions of the parents or the lefties that encourage them to come.
What the right fails to recognize is that this current immigration issue isnt a "pull" problem, it is a "push" problem. They arent being drawn to the US, like the Mexican migrants coming for work, they are being pushed out of Honduras, Guatamala, El Salvador by drought, extreme poverty and violence. So a parent faced with with terrible choices chooses what they think will save their children and you all label them bad parents because they dont want their kids to starve ti death or swallowed by the endemic violence.

Then you have horrible filthy conditions the kids are being kept in under American detention.. Andwhat is the response?

Blame throwing. Not this is unacceptable, lets at keadt fix it for the moment...no. Not taking responsibility but blaming.

Trump administration owns all tbe policies at play. They can choose to improve conditions and have the direct power to do so but they would rathet use the suffering of children for political purposes. Again. And Again.

Amazing that people here regard toddlers as criminals worthy of this treatment.

Your poll question includes only two answers, and both of them are loaded. Here's what you forgot:

"Do you think this treatment of children reflects poorly on America?"

• Of course, it's self evident and horrific behavior
  • No, they're criminals and no criminal deserves comforts
  • There is no reflection on America. The alleged parents of these children are personally liable for their welfare, and should be held accountable.

As someone who is NOT an American I can definitely say that the entire world is FUCKING APPALLED that this is still going on. You bet your racist and bigoted ass if reflects poorly on America that the richest country in the world is starving and killing refugee children in their care.

THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD BE PERSONALLY HELD ACCOUNTABLE, AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO CARRIED OUT THE ORDERS THAT LEAD TO THIS MESS, SHOULD BE JAILED.

RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

There is no other explanation for not treating children well. These people care more for unborn zygotes then they do for children already born and suffering.

I would not go so far.

But I will not be drawn into defending the actions of the parents or the lefties that encourage them to come.
What the right fails to recognize is that this current immigration issue isnt a "pull" problem, it is a "push" problem. They arent being drawn to the US, like the Mexican migrants coming for work, they are being pushed out of Honduras, Guatamala, El Salvador by drought, extreme poverty and violence. So a parent faced with with terrible choices chooses what they think will save their children and you all label them bad parents because they dont want their kids to starve ti death or swallowed by the endemic violence.

Then you have horrible filthy conditions the kids are being kept in under American detention.. Andwhat is the response?

Blame throwing. Not this is unacceptable, lets at keadt fix it for the moment...no. Not taking responsibility but blaming.

Trump administration owns all tbe policies at play. They can choose to improve conditions and have the direct power to do so but they would rathet use the suffering of children for political purposes. Again. And Again.

Besides being barbaric, locking children in cages is not very effective deterrence if their remaining where will be fatal.

That's why a solution requires an option not currently on the table. I'm wondering what happened to the Organization of American States and Peace Corp.

Don't you mean, FINISH THE FUCKING WALL?

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.
As soon as the check from Mexico clears, which should be any day now, any day now, LOL.

What a bunch of gullible idiots you trump bootlickers
So shove your gullible shit back up your ass where you pulled it from.
It didn't come from my ass. It came from your messiah's mouth.

I would not go so far.

Besides being barbaric, locking children in cages is not very effective deterrence if their remaining where will be fatal.

That's why a solution requires an option not currently on the table. I'm wondering what happened to the Organization of American States and Peace Corp.

Everyone wants a solution but the this isn't an easy problem, it's a problem with many factors. There are conditions pushing them out of their home countries - some which can be altered (ie corruption, violence, poverty) through various man-made programs, and some which can not be altered - climate, geography. You are looking at incredibly poor and uneducated people fleeing - they have neither the skills nor the training for the types of jobs we feel we need. This isn't just a regional problem - world wide there are more displaced people than at any other time in modern history. It ISN'T a Mexican problem. It isn't an American problem. It's a much larger problem and expecting Mexico - an impoverished country that is already battling big problems with cartels and unchecked violence - to handle the entire Latin American migrant crisis is ridiculous.

So what is the solution? IMO...some steps could be this:

Ease the new rules making it harder for relatives to sponsor migrant children (out of fear of deportation) - if you give a damn about the kids, get them cared for first, then address the problem of illegal immigrants inside the country later (other than those who have committed violent crimes). Get them out of those conditions promptly, and not warehoused in huge enclaves of thousands of kids. They need to be with families.

Create policies aimed at keeping families intact. Consider alternatives to incarceration such as electronic surveillance.

Enforce deportation orders promptly - ESPECIALLY when a crime has been committed.

Where are all those judges we were supposed to get to help out with the hearings? Instead of wasting money on a wall - put it into staffing and personal to handle the backlogs and make the process more expedient and fair.

Consider what programs we, as a wealthy developed nation, can put forth to address the longer term issue of what is driving people out. Maybe nothing, maybe something, but we can't keep ignoring it.

they could go home right? why don't they? come on play your moral card, while you allow the murder of babies at planned parenthood. your fking morals are for shit. I have more morals in my little toe.

And you have more concrete between your ears. PP does much much more for women's health, than doing legal abortions.

You have no moral compass, you are one of the many purveyors of BIG LIES whose false pathos*** (do you know what that means, I suppose not) are transparent and examples of your hypocrisy., i.e. save the fetus and deny the child (health care, a free education, and in many cases no access to equal opportunities and equal rights).

false pathos = phony emotions / a lack of emotional authenticity.

I would not go so far.

Everyone wants a solution but the this isn't an easy problem, it's a problem with many factors. There are conditions pushing them out of their home countries - some which can be altered (ie corruption, violence, poverty) through various man-made programs, and some which can not be altered - climate, geography. You are looking at incredibly poor and uneducated people fleeing - they have neither the skills nor the training for the types of jobs we feel we need. This isn't just a regional problem - world wide there are more displaced people than at any other time in modern history. It ISN'T a Mexican problem. It isn't an American problem. It's a much larger problem and expecting Mexico - an impoverished country that is already battling big problems with cartels and unchecked violence - to handle the entire Latin American migrant crisis is ridiculous.

So what is the solution? IMO...some steps could be this:

Ease the new rules making it harder for relatives to sponsor migrant children (out of fear of deportation) - if you give a damn about the kids, get them cared for first, then address the problem of illegal immigrants inside the country later (other than those who have committed violent crimes). Get them out of those conditions promptly, and not warehoused in huge enclaves of thousands of kids. They need to be with families.

Create policies aimed at keeping families intact. Consider alternatives to incarceration such as electronic surveillance.

Enforce deportation orders promptly - ESPECIALLY when a crime has been committed.

Where are all those judges we were supposed to get to help out with the hearings? Instead of wasting money on a wall - put it into staffing and personal to handle the backlogs and make the process more expedient and fair.

Consider what programs we, as a wealthy developed nation, can put forth to address the longer term issue of what is driving people out. Maybe nothing, maybe something, but we can't keep ignoring it.

Thank you, well stated and yet, soon to be ignored. Common sense never seems to intrude on the beliefs of Trump supporters or extreme libertarians.

Forum List

Back