Deplorable Donald offered grieving father of soldier $25K but only followed through after backlash

You know, as a Personnelman, this is a nightmare that I made sure never happened.

Before every deployment, I and the people in my office had the entire crew verify their Page 2 (Record of Emergency Data), which listed immediate family members, as well as listed who their death benefit was to go to if the member died.

I never wanted to run into a situation where someone dies, but hasn't updated their page 2, and the money goes to whoever was last listed on the document. I'd heard stories of where a person had gotten divorced and remarried, but because they didn't update their page 2, the money went to the wrong person.

The thing that makes me curious is is it legal for Trump to offer to pay someone like that in an official call?

• Banned
The next time Deplorable Donald holds a press briefing, I hope a reporter will ask him to simply name the four soldiers killed in Niger.

This is a bullshit fake news story. If Trump offered the money, he would deliver on it. Many times in the past he has given people money with no publicity expected! For instance, when that marine was trapped in Mexico for a year over a wrong turn and they locked him up and tormented him, and Obama did nothing, when he finally got released, Trump gave him a big check to help him get his life back on track. Another time, Trump read about a guy on a bridge looking to commit suicide and some guy driving a bus saw him, stopped and talked him in. Trump heard about it and found the guy and called him a hero and gave him a reward.

All this crap you keep hearing about Trump is 90-95% BULLSHIT put out there to try to fracture his base and get his supporters to lose faith in the guy. The Dems have no chance of beating the guy in a straight-up contest, the only way they ran Hillary was with a million lies and cheats (and they still lost), and they know he'll win again (who the hell does the Dems have to run against him?) unless they can get in the heads of his voters.

• Banned

This is a bullshit fake news story. If Trump offered the money, he would deliver on it. Many times in the past he has given people money with no publicity expected! For instance, when that marine was trapped in Mexico for a year over a wrong turn and they locked him up and tormented him, and Obama did nothing, when he finally got released, Trump gave him a big check to help him get his life back on track. Another time, Trump read about a guy on a bridge looking to commit suicide and some guy driving a bus saw him, stopped and talked him in. Trump heard about it and found the guy and called him a hero and gave him a reward.

All this crap you keep hearing about Trump is 90-95% BULLSHIT put out there to try to fracture his base and get his supporters to lose faith in the guy. The Dems have no chance of beating the guy in a straight-up contest, the only way they ran Hillary was with a million lies and cheats (and they still lost), and they know he'll win again (who the hell does the Dems have to run against him?) unless they can get in the heads of his voters.

not everything is fake news. if everything is fake news, that must mean YOU are fake news. you don't agree with that, do ya?

checkmate.

So when Trump confirmed they sent the money today that's fake?

Don't answer, just go fuck off.

Trump has a long long history of promising money and not following through. 7 bankruptcies and counting. 3000 lawsuits.

The $5 million he raised for veterans wasn't turned over to veterans groups until the Washington Post shamed him into it.

This sounds exactly like the Veterans' money.

not everything is fake news. if everything is fake news, that must mean YOU are fake news. you don't agree with that, do ya?

checkmate.

I guess you can't tell the difference between 90-95% and 100%. Take some remedial math. PS: You wouldn't last 3 moves with me.

Trump has a long long history of promising money and not following through. 7 bankruptcies and counting. 3000 lawsuits.

The $5 million he raised for veterans wasn't turned over to veterans groups until the Washington Post shamed him into it.

I keep trying to tell myself that sometimes you have something intelligent to say but you keep proving me wrong. A Bankruptcy isn't a broken promise, it is a business deal gone bad that didn't go to fruition because of some unforeseen difficulty. Lawsuits don't mean nothing when you have 500 companies and even more people grabbing at your shoestrings looking for a free ride. Most every big company has had lawsuits. And yes it WAS the Washington Post the other time. They jumped the gun before Trump got around to sending them the money, mind you, not money he OWED, but money he generously PROMISED TO GIVE FREELY of his own accord. Just another way for another media outlet trying to make a headline to sell newspapers. Trump IS a little busy trying to run the entire country and deal with the whole world. And he doesn't even take a salary for doing it. That's right, Trump is running the Federal Government and is doing it all for FREE, including putting up with all of the crap.

I keep trying to tell myself that sometimes you have something intelligent to say but you keep proving me wrong. A Bankruptcy isn't a broken promise, it is a business deal gone bad that didn't go to fruition because of some unforeseen difficulty. Lawsuits don't mean nothing when you have 500 companies and even more people grabbing at your shoestrings looking for a free ride. Most every big company has had lawsuits. And yes it WAS the Washington Post the other time. They jumped the gun before Trump got around to sending them the money, mind you, not money he OWED, but money he generously PROMISED TO GIVE FREELY of his own accord. Just another way for another media outlet trying to make a headline to sell newspapers. Trump IS a little busy trying to run the entire country and deal with the whole world. And he doesn't even take a salary for doing it. That's right, Trump is running the Federal Government and is doing it all for FREE, including putting up with all of the crap.

Those are the lies Donald Trump tells you but they're lies.

Business deals gone do sometimes end in bankruptcy due to unforeseen circumstances but no top level businessman in America has gone bankrupt 7 times except Donald Trump. No top level businessman in America has been sued 3000 times.

Bankruptcy is a broken promise. You promised your creditors you would pay them and when you go bankrupt, you reneg on that promise. American banks stopped lending to Trump because of his history of bankruptcy.

Trump owed the veterans $5 million dollars. That wasn't Trump's own money, that was money donated by others to his charitable foundation for the veterans groups. Trump promised to add $1 million of his own money to it. It was several months after the fundraiser so there was no excuse for not turning over the money.

If Trump is so fucking busy running the country, why does he spend three days a week playing golf? As for working for free, he spends over $1 million of tax payers' money going golfing every week. He bills the taxpayers for rooms, meals and gold cart rentals at his golf clubs. He accept gifts of personal trade marks from foreign countries and he's planning on eliminating the minimum tax he pays annually of $28 million dollars. I'm sure he can live without the $375,000 salary given that he's costing the government over $100 million dollars in travel and security expenses just for one year.

Those are the lies Donald Trump tells you but they're lies.

thsnore.jpg

You idiots make me laugh. My Uncle spent several years doing direct, face-to-face business with Trump in the 70's and 80's, and told me his experiences and what he thought of the man. My Uncle was sharp as a tack, head of a big company and has never met a nicer guy. You read a bunch of crap on your cellphone sitting in your armchair and suddenly you think you're an expert!

What is this thread about? As I understand it, the story of Trump's failure to deliver on this promise of a payment to the family of a fallen soldier stems from an idiot congresswoman with a very long history of absurd attacks and charges against Trump who now alleges she overheard his conversation?

Thank you for the laugh.

Forum List

Back