Department of Justice Cracks Down on Gangs and Teen Sex

Nate Peele

May 25, 2008
A lot of people think of the Department of Justice as being a bunch of heavies who arrest people, but they do a lot more. Specifically, what caught my eye today was two great programs that they have funded that will have a positive impact on young people’s lives.

The first program is the World Golf Foundation’s first tee program.

“We need something really attractive to engage the gangs and the street kids, golf is the hook,” said J. Robert Flores, the administrator of the Justice Department’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

As an avid golfer myself, I love the sport, but nothing irritates me more than paying my $85 greens fee and then getting an incompetent caddy. This is an excellent chance to train the new generation of caddies to follow in the grand traditions of golf. What’s more when these inner city gang members see what a fun afternoon at the course $50 can buy, you won’t be seeing drive bys you’ll be seeing drives!

Some people were not real happy with the program which was ranked 47 out of 104 programs getting the funding, but I am told the videotaped presentation from former President Bush was very persuassive–far more so than some of the presentations by higher ranked programs to deal with teen violence and gang prevention.

A Washington based abstinence program called Friends Forever got a 1.1 million dollar grant even though it ranked 53rd out of 104 programs in its category, but again I think Best Friends President Elayne Bennett puts it best, “”We’re really about positive friendships. A good, solid friendship is a beautiful thing.”

From getting kids out on the golf course to getting them out of intercourse, the Department of Justice is on the job. Hopefully, Bill Bennett will point that out in his next commentary.

Last edited:
Actually I can see it now. You'll have the 17th Hole Crips in a war with the 16th Hole Bloods and they'll do their drivebys in golf carts while wearing baggie golf pants and polos.

Least they'll save on gas.........

LOL, is this a joke? Yeah lets just let all the gang bangers play golf and then they will have no sex drive.
So i guess the countrys problums by changing america's youth into its seniors.

Mr Woods has been told to find a new nickname. "Tiger" has been deemed to be far too aggressive and likely to inflame people. Last report was that they were toying with something to do with his surname such as "Timber" or "Conifer". There was another suggestion but "Woody" was turned down because of the risk of double-entendre.

I did suggest "The Giant Redwood, the Larch, the Fir the mighty Scots Pine..." nope, none of those.

A lot of people think of the Department of Justice as being a bunch of heavies who arrest people, but they do a lot more. Specifically, what caught my eye today was two great programs that they have funded that will have a positive impact on young people’s lives.

The first program is the World Golf Foundation’s first tee program.

“We need something really attractive to engage the gangs and the street kids, golf is the hook,” said J. Robert Flores, the administrator of the Justice Department’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

As an avid golfer myself, I love the sport, but nothing irritates me more than paying my $85 greens fee and then getting an incompetent caddy. This is an excellent chance to train the new generation of caddies to follow in the grand traditions of golf. What’s more when these inner city gang members see what a fun afternoon at the course $50 can buy, you won’t be seeing drive bys you’ll be seeing drives!

Some people were not real happy with the program which was ranked 47 out of 104 programs getting the funding, but I am told the videotaped presentation from former President Bush was very persuassive–far more so than some of the presentations by higher ranked programs to deal with teen violence and gang prevention.

A Washington based abstinence program called Friends Forever got a 1.1 million dollar grant even though it ranked 53rd out of 104 programs in its category, but again I think Best Friends President Elayne Bennett puts it best, “”We’re really about positive friendships. A good, solid friendship is a beautiful thing.”

From getting kids out on the golf course to getting them out of intercourse, the Department of Justice is on the job. Hopefully, Bill Bennett will point that out in his next commentary.

One of your weaker attempts to be funny.

Completely disregarded by you is the fact that attempting to focus some idle young minds and hands on something other than dealing drugs and killing each other is probably a worthy endeavor and seems to go hand in hand with the liberal mentality of attempting to rehabilitate instead of punish.

What is it you expect the DOJ to do? Liberal policies have tied their hands as far as arresting and punishing these criminals.

You need to give this one a rest. It exposes the usual leftwing mindthink ... demand someone do something then whine and bitch about what's done. We have the Patriot Act as result of that. Y'all ever going to learn?

well if the DOJ wants to help they need to start at the source, since americans are one of the most un-educated nations in the world, we should do what the rest of the world did, longer school years with much better educational programs. I mean first take out the no child left behind act. I can tell you first hand it did nothing. New educational programs could be a more caree specilized. If a kid wants to work on cars, after elementry school, put him doing what he/she loves. As for sex we should just be open and honest with children about it. I mean its a taboo subject untill 11 or so. Just treat kids with a little more respect as people, because thats what they are. With a lot of kids in Gangs there just bored and want to express themselves. We as a country should help the youth of the country active in the world around them from a young age.

well if the DOJ wants to help they need to start at the source, since americans are one of the most un-educated nations in the world, we should do what the rest of the world did, longer school years with much better educational programs. I mean first take out the no child left behind act. I can tell you first hand it did nothing. New educational programs could be a more caree specilized. If a kid wants to work on cars, after elementry school, put him doing what he/she loves. As for sex we should just be open and honest with children about it. I mean its a taboo subject untill 11 or so. Just treat kids with a little more respect as people, because thats what they are. With a lot of kids in Gangs there just bored and want to express themselves. We as a country should help the youth of the country active in the world around them from a young age.

Obviously this is an attempt to offer them something extra that is not gang-affiliated. Your idea in general is fine, but it has to start somewhere.

Children are not "people" in the sense that they do not have the wisdom nor maturity to make decisions for themselves. There would be no need for them to be dependent on their parents if they were. As they get older, they get more privileges as they handle more responsibility. To often lost nowadays is the fact that if those two don't go hand in hand, kids don't understand consequence.

No Child Left Behind is not a one way street. It plays to the politically correct notion that you can't tell Mommy Little Johnny's a dumbass. Our schools will never improve so long as the inmates are allowed to run the asylum.

Obviously this is an attempt to offer them something extra that is not gang-affiliated. Your idea in general is fine, but it has to start somewhere.

Children are not "people" in the sense that they do not have the wisdom nor maturity to make decisions for themselves. There would be no need for them to be dependent on their parents if they were. As they get older, they get more privileges as they handle more responsibility. To often lost nowadays is the fact that if those two don't go hand in hand, kids don't understand consequence.

No Child Left Behind is not a one way street. It plays to the politically correct notion that you can't tell Mommy Little Johnny's a dumbass. Our schools will never improve so long as the inmates are allowed to run the asylum.

REALLY! children don't have wisdom or maturaty? yeah thats becuse you raise them on barney and santa clause. I will say that as a child under the age of 16, i would have to disagree, my family did not treat me like a pet, they treat me as a fellow person, not to say i always got my way, you see i raised on knowlege and i knew about consequences since a young age, i don't know maybe i am a rareity but i belive that the lies so many kids hear day after day is what causes them to be immature, i mean sure toddlers don't have the same brain capacity as we do. But that does not mean they can't learn. It is when we treat kids childishly that is when kids act childishly.

What an interesting way for the elite to get the government to pay for their obsession with golf.

Give me a break.

I've developed the world's largest illustrated book website.

I've published over 1300 illustrated books in 32 different languages, all available for free online reading and I can't get a dime from the government.

Meanwhile the government gave $4.4 million to some school to do a half assed job of it and they're already spend every dime and are demanding more.

Now I read that the DOJ is giving money to greens keepers?

Excuse me while I puke in disgust.

since when is bush co politically correct?

no child left behind is meant to destroy the public school system so religious wing nuts can get vouchers.

blame and simple.

It exposes the usual leftwing mindthink ... demand someone do something then whine and bitch about what's done. We have the Patriot Act as result of that. Y'all ever going to learn?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

that is awesome.

yes indeed the patriot act is a result of the leftwing mindthink

:eek::eek::eek::cuckoo:

One of your weaker attempts to be funny.

Depends on one's sense of humor. If you're feeling crabby...probably not.

Completely disregarded by you is the fact that attempting to focus some idle young minds and hands on something other than dealing drugs and killing each other is probably a worthy endeavor and seems to go hand in hand with the liberal mentality of attempting to rehabilitate instead of punish.

And completely disregarded by you is that this is Bush's DOJ pursuing the policy.... so it has nothing to do with "liberalism".

Perhaps before we get to questions about rehabilitation and punishment, which have been debated since Jeremy Bentham and before, we should start thinking about proportionate response to criminal activity. Perhaps someone found with pot shouldn't go to jail and have his/her life ruined. Just saying...

What is it you expect the DOJ to do? Liberal policies have tied their hands as far as arresting and punishing these criminals.

Wah...wah...wah.... liberal policies, my butt, there hasn't been any "liberal" power for the past 7 1/2 years....

You need to give this one a rest. It exposes the usual leftwing mindthink ... demand someone do something then whine and bitch about what's done. We have the Patriot Act as result of that. Y'all ever going to learn?

Again, this was Bush's right wing DOJ...... so I'd give up the labeling and perhaps, a) enjoy the humor b/c he's funny as hell; and b) start thinking about what intelligent policy should be and stop whining about "liberal policies" when it's the right wing that's doing this....

Forum List

Back