Department of Defense getting hit hard

steeliniraq

Sep 22, 2007
NC
Barney Frank's Panel Recommends $1 Trillion in Defense Cuts. Think It'll Happen? | Crooks and Liars

The link above talks about how Barney Frank wants to make a 1 trillion dollar chunk out of the DOD budget over the next 10 years. I saw this while walking by a TV earlier today and wanted to put this up. The link above isnt a link i like but I saw it on CNN i think i just cant find it. I think DOD could cut some funding but a trillion dollars is harsh and why the hell is it only the DOD that gets hit? The social programs are killing our country faster than anything so why not take a nice chunk out of their budget? I cant wait until i get to use the old M16 again and have to go out and buy my equipment because my government wont fund me getting items i need for war. I love how the same people that bitch our Soldiers were sent into battle under equipped are the same that cut our budget every chance they can so they can give some sorry ass more welfare.

Last edited:
Frank is posturing for his base, he does this all the time. I am sure that if we looked hard enough we could pull 100 billion out of the defense budget for the next 10 years, but those are not the places to do it. We can pull over 1 billion from it by canceling the extra engine for the JSF that is nothing but pork.

i would think taking care of American before other countries would be a given priority, especially when we are unwanted in those other troubled countries

but hey, what's a trillion or so when one is fundamentally bankrupt

~S~

i would think taking care of American before other countries would be a given priority, especially when we are unwanted in those other troubled countries

but hey, what's a trillion or so when one is fundamentally bankrupt

~S~

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

Since 2001.

The DOD is bloated and we have to stop throwing taxpayer money away. I agree with Frank, make them live within their means.

It had to happen, you cannot attack and occupy other nations and not make yourself the enemy and the the focus of dislike and hatred in a global world that saw a foe and worked to destroy it. War became economy at the end of the 20th century, and massive outlays of money for war started the collapse of a once mighty giant. Infrastructure collapsed and social programs suffered as the corporate war machine sucked up the resources. Battles were unclear on the endgame, and yet patriotic slogan guided policy and prevented evaluative judgment. Soon deficits placed the nation in hock to regimes who did not share their democratic ideals, nor their world police force mentality. Fringe groups rose to prominence and after several terrorist attacks, chaos ensued. No longer unified by a sharing of wealth but rather a collapse to third world status, the once powerful nation found itself afraid and unable to move to counterattack internal values that no longer worked. Partisan divisions and a libertarian like free for all created an atmosphere of division that spelled the end. America's shining light went out as it lost its ability to do more than just take and not give back, nor fight back. Hard decisions could not be made for fear the next election would spell doom.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with cuts to the Department of Defense. As long as every other department has significant cuts too.

How about we end the entitlements? We can't afford them. We need to return to true American values of self sufficiency and personal charity.

I don't have a problem with cuts to the Department of Defense. As long as every other department has significant cuts too.

How about we end the entitlements? We can't afford them. We need to return to true American values of self sufficiency and personal charity.

Wait just a minute!!! That makes way too much sense. Stop that talk!!!

First we need to end these stupid wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Then cut away

Forum List

Back