Denzel Washington knows what our problem is...fatherless homes..not guns or prisons...

Been banging this drum for 20years and called racist a thousand times
And I've been. handing out sound suppresors to reduce the sound of drummers making unnecessary noise. Although the black community has been projected in the media as a bastion of crime, disease and poverty, that is NOT the case. 75% of blacks live above the poverty level and a relatively few are criminals. Denzel may not be aware of that.
He might also be oblivious of the ongoing opiod epidemic and suicide cases that are sweeping the Euro-American communities.
Perhaps you need to move your drum to a more suburban location and change the beat to one that highlights the ills among your own people.

40% of all black children live under the poverty line.
BlackDemographics.com | POVERTY

1 out of 4 black adults (this includes women) have a felon.
What Percentage of The US Adult Population Has a Felony Conviction?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So. 75% of blacks don't have a felony and 60% of black children live above the poverty line. What are you trying to say to them? What do you want them to do about that other 25% and 40% respectively?

Again, this thread isn't about blackness or skin color. It's about the woes of fatherless boys in general. That's why Mr. D. Washington spoke out. He's speaking out not to call attention to race, but rather attention to lack of fathers to boys. Making it about race is a form of bigotry, as if black fatherless boys are somehow much more repugnant to society than white fatherless boys.

No matter how well they tan in the sun, ALL fatherless boys are statistically more prone to drug addiction, gang violence, suicide, crime, murder and depression. Period.

Just a random oddity that a way higher percentage of black boys grow up without fathers than other races I suppose. Nothing to do with the one trait these folks have in common.
There's nothing random about it at all.
It's happening all over the world...especially in industrialized nations.

True but in THIS country the stats don't lie, a black child is 13 times more likely to grow up without a father than a white child.

There's a lesson in there, somewhere.
Thats an invalid assumption. You don't know how many of those fathers are cohabitating with the mothers. And I'll bet the stats you're refrencing dont mention cohabitation atall.
Check those stats sgain to make sure they are actually indicating what you say the are.
If the data only addresses unwed births your assumption that the fathers are all or mostly absent are incorrect. And that statement about black kids being 13% more likely to grow up without a father would be rendered bogus too.

Eh, I've a feeling I could spend all day long posting facts, metrics, and evidence to back up the claims and you would continue to deny what those of us with functioning brains know is true. That being that although there are segments of any group that absolutely suck. Percentage wise black people have a far larger segment than any other ethnicity in this country.

Seriously, when you could remove 14% of the population and see a net 50% drop in crime, you have to acknowledge that group has a problem.
If I acknowledge your perception that there are black criminals commiting a disproportionate amount of crime in America what good would that do? Nothing will change whether I acknowledge your perception or not. There are no pro black investigative resources to counter what your agencies tell us about blacks. We have very little recourse but to accept what the enemies of blacks tell us about them.

But you would indict the whole community. for what a relatively small percentage of black criminals do. If you initiated a "final solution" to rid America of 14% of the US population Your overkill would be more than. 12% of the US population. Only about 2% of the US population are black criminals.

Just a random oddity that a way higher percentage of black boys grow up without fathers than other races I suppose. Nothing to do with the one trait these folks have in common.
There's nothing random about it at all.
It's happening all over the world...especially in industrialized nations.

True but in THIS country the stats don't lie, a black child is 13 times more likely to grow up without a father than a white child.

There's a lesson in there, somewhere.
Thats an invalid assumption. You don't know how many of those fathers are cohabitating with the mothers. And I'll bet the stats you're refrencing dont mention cohabitation atall.
Check those stats sgain to make sure they are actually indicating what you say the are.
If the data only addresses unwed births your assumption that the fathers are all or mostly absent are incorrect. And that statement about black kids being 13% more likely to grow up without a father would be rendered bogus too.

Eh, I've a feeling I could spend all day long posting facts, metrics, and evidence to back up the claims and you would continue to deny what those of us with functioning brains know is true. That being that although there are segments of any group that absolutely suck. Percentage wise black people have a far larger segment than any other ethnicity in this country.

Seriously, when you could remove 14% of the population and see a net 50% drop in crime, you have to acknowledge that group has a problem.
White "facts" and metrics are like listening to baboons talk to each other.
You can call them "white" if you want to...but I refuse to empower them. They aren't white physically nor spiritually. And their "facts" and "metrics" as you suggest, can't be trusted since we don't know how those numbers originated. To put even a modicum of faith in any data pink people generate I'd have to have it corroborated by the NOI or Joe Madison.
Who in their right minds would accept anything the greatest liars on earth ( Caucasians) tell you; especially if you are not one of them?

I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.
Well I notice black people don’t like to admit they are creating the problem in their communities by not fathering the kids they give birth to. But you just don’t like admitting it to us. But wasn’t that one of the messages delivered at the million man March?

So we know you know this is a problem regardless of if you admit it to us.

I understand why you don’t admit it to whites. Because that doesn’t take away the fact that they discriminate against you and actually they created or caused the break ups of black families.

Imagine you're born into a world where your father disappeared very young, where your mother has to work 80 hours a week and where you turned to crime because they were the only ones who gave a shit.

Then imagine someone comes along as says "it's all your fault, therefore we're going to do nothing about it"

He should be mad at his mother and father. They did this to him.

And who did what to his mother and father? It's a cycle of poverty.

You go back to the mother and father, grandparents, great grandparents. Then you're getting into segregation and then you're getting into slavery. You're getting into a society where black people have been kept down by the white people for a very long time.

That's where it goes.

I get that but moving forward this guy

and this girl

are responsible.

The Turks enslaved my people for hundreds of years. Eventually we had to get over it.

Anyone can make it in America. The people you are talking about are going to have to get out of the hole we put them in themselves. Things still aren't perfect but we're a long way away from the 1960's.

Yes, anyone can make it in America, but not EVERYONE can make it. This is the problem. The US uses the "everyone can make it" as an excuse for doing nothing about social problems. People born into a world lacking complete and utter hope will struggle.

Many of the people who move to the US believe they can make it and try to make it. Those born in ghettos don't get this belief. They know America, they've seen how their people have been treated, they see the problems, and they're going nowhere.

Telling them "anyone in America can make it" doesn't help them.

Also, anyone can make it in America, yet if you start up a business you're paying normal tax rates and yet competing with multi-nationals who might be pay MINUS tax. What the fuck? The US is the place where anyone can make it, but those who bribe the govt are going to really make it.

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.
As opposed to the left, who is afraid to identify the source of a problem, so they just blame someone or something. The left creates problems, and then either pretends the problem doesn't exist, or blames someone else.

I'm not going to stand up and defend the left in the US. The Democrat Party are as much a part of the problem as the Republican are.

Partisan politics is killing the US.

Well I notice black people don’t like to admit they are creating the problem in their communities by not fathering the kids they give birth to. But you just don’t like admitting it to us. But wasn’t that one of the messages delivered at the million man March?

I understand why you don’t admit it to whites. Because that doesn’t take away the fact that they discriminate against you and actually they created or caused the break ups of black families.

Imagine you're born into a world where your father disappeared very young, where your mother has to work 80 hours a week and where you turned to crime because they were the only ones who gave a shit.

Then imagine someone comes along as says "it's all your fault, therefore we're going to do nothing about it"

You go back to the mother and father, grandparents, great grandparents. Then you're getting into segregation and then you're getting into slavery. You're getting into a society where black people have been kept down by the white people for a very long time.

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

The Turks enslaved my people for hundreds of years. Eventually we had to get over it.

Anyone can make it in America. The people you are talking about are going to have to get out of the hole we put them in themselves. Things still aren't perfect but we're a long way away from the 1960's.

Yes, anyone can make it in America, but not EVERYONE can make it. This is the problem. The US uses the "everyone can make it" as an excuse for doing nothing about social problems. People born into a world lacking complete and utter hope will struggle.

Many of the people who move to the US believe they can make it and try to make it. Those born in ghettos don't get this belief. They know America, they've seen how their people have been treated, they see the problems, and they're going nowhere.

Also, anyone can make it in America, yet if you start up a business you're paying normal tax rates and yet competing with multi-nationals who might be pay MINUS tax. What the fuck? The US is the place where anyone can make it, but those who bribe the govt are going to really make it.
There is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

Let’s clear something up. When I paint ghettos as these horrible places where everyone’s in poverty, Black people love to point out that we are exaggerating how bad things are. They say most of the people in Detroit aren’t on welfare or in poverty. They aren’t criminals. They do father their kids. I could go on and on.

Are you telling me there are no positive role models in Detroit? Most of the people do or don’t work? So why aren’t the 40% not making it looking at the 60% who are and emulate that?

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

I can only worry about me. I had to go to college in order to make the living I do. My dad was a cook. All I knew is I wanted to be a business man. Sales.

I did a lot of shitty jobs in highschool and college. We weren’t rich. What do black people think about people who work at kfc or McDonald’s? They think they are suckers. Bad attitude. They need to unlearn this.

And I grew up in Detroit. We had to move because there were no jobs and the schools were bad. Black people in shitty all black neighborhoods need to move.

No not everyone will be middle class. My goal is a big middle class and small poor population. I’m sorry black people in Baltimore compton Watts Detroit Chicago and Newark you probably have to relocate. Plenty of black people make a living in these places but the ones that don’t need to skidattle

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

I can only worry about me. I had to go to college in order to make the living I do. My dad was a cook. All I knew is I wanted to be a business man. Sales.

I did a lot of shitty jobs in highschool and college. We weren’t rich. What do black people think about people who work at kfc or McDonald’s? They think they are suckers. Bad attitude. They need to unlearn this.

And I grew up in Detroit. We had to move because there were no jobs and the schools were bad. Black people in shitty all black neighborhoods need to move.

No not everyone will be middle class. My goal is a big middle class and small poor population. I’m sorry black people in Baltimore compton Watts Detroit Chicago and Newark you probably have to relocate. Plenty of black people make a living in these places but the ones that don’t need to skidattle
They won't move.

I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.

Not complex at all. FDR and Lyndon Johnson strongly encouraged couples to NOT marry and to have as many kids as possible. They are rewarded for having children out of wedlock and penalized for marrying and then having children.

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

They won't move.
Then they are stuck where they are. They need to tell their kids to go to college. Like my parents told us they wanted us to be the first in our family to get a college degree.

And my parents would have been ok if we didn’t go to college but we had to work. Do you want a shitty job or good one? Your choice.

So yes the current generation may be stuck but their kids don’t have to be.

And I didn’t put his penis in her and thrust his hips back and forth. Sorry if you have a kid you couldn’t raise

i-FpJhJwj-S.jpg

Again, this thread isn't about blackness or skin color. It's about the woes of fatherless boys in general. That's why Mr. D. Washington spoke out. He's speaking out not to call attention to race, but rather attention to lack of fathers to boys. Making it about race is a form of bigotry, as if black fatherless boys are somehow much more repugnant to society than white fatherless boys.

No matter how well they tan in the sun, ALL fatherless boys are statistically more prone to drug addiction, gang violence, suicide, crime, murder and depression. Period.

Show us the percentages, source, and link, please. If you want to support your allegations, post your sources.

BY WALTER E. WILLIAMS
RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2005, AND THEREAFTER

AMMUNITION FOR POVERTY PIMPS

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's destruction of New Orleans, President Bush gave America's poverty pimps and race hustlers new ammunition. The president said, "As all of us saw on television, there is also some deep, persistent poverty in this region as well. And that poverty has roots in a history of racial discrimination, which cut off generations from the opportunity of America. We have a duty to confront this poverty with bold action."

The president's espousing such a vision not only supplies ammunition to poverty pimps and race hustlers, it focuses attention away from the true connection between race and poverty.

Though I grow weary of pointing it out, let's do it again. Let's examine some numbers readily available from the Census Bureau's 2004 Current Population Survey and ask some questions. There's one segment of the black population that suffers only a 9.9 percent poverty rate, and only 13.7 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. There's another segment that suffers a 39.5 percent poverty rate, and 58.1 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. Among whites, one segment suffers a 6 percent poverty rate, and only 9.9 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. The other segment suffers a 26.4 percent poverty rate, and 52 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. What do you think distinguishes the high and low poverty populations among blacks?

Would you buy an explanation that it's because white people practice discrimination against one segment of the black population and not the other or one segment had a history of slavery and not the other? You'd have to be a lunatic to buy such an explanation. The only distinction between both the black and white populations is marriage -- lower poverty in married-couple families.

In 1960, only 28 percent of black females ages 15 to 44 were never married and illegitimacy among blacks was 22 percent. Today, the never-married rate is 56 percent and illegitimacy stands at 70 percent. If today's black family structure were what it was in 1960, the overall black poverty rate would be in or near single digits. The weakening of the black family structure, and its devastating consequences, have nothing to do with the history of slavery or racial discrimination.

Dr. Charles Murray, an American Enterprise Institute scholar, argues in an article titled "Rediscovering the Underclass" in the Institute's On the Issues series (October 2005) that self-destructive behavior has become the hallmark of the underclass. He says that unemployment in the underclass is not caused by the lack of jobs but by the inability to get up every morning and go to work. In 1954, the percentage of black males, age 20 to 24, not looking for work was nine percent. In 1999, it rose to 30 percent, and that was at a time when employers were beating the bushes for employees. Murray adds that "the statistical reality is that people who get into the American job market and stay there seldom remain poor unless they do something self-destructive.

I share Murray's sentiment expressed at the beginning of his article where he says, "Watching the courage of ordinary low-income people as they deal with the aftermath of Katrina and Rita, it is hard to decide which politicians are more contemptible -- Democrats who are rediscovering poverty and blaming it on George W. Bush, or Republicans who are rediscovering poverty and claiming that the government can fix it." Since President Johnson's War on Poverty, controlling for inflation, the nation has spent $9 trillion on about 80 anti-poverty programs. To put that figure in perspective, last year's U.S. GDP was $11 trillion; $9 trillion exceeds the GDP of any nation except the U.S. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita uncovered the result of the War on Poverty -- dependency and self-destructive behavior.

Guess what the president [President George Walker Bush] and politicians from both parties are asking the American people to do? If you said, "Enact programs that will sustain and enhance dependency," go to the head of the class.

Ammunition For Poverty Pimps

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

Let’s clear something up. When I paint ghettos as these horrible places where everyone’s in poverty, Black people love to point out that we are exaggerating how bad things are. They say most of the people in Detroit aren’t on welfare or in poverty. They aren’t criminals. They do father their kids. I could go on and on.

Are you telling me there are no positive role models in Detroit? Most of the people do or don’t work? So why aren’t the 40% not making it looking at the 60% who are and emulate that?
Im guessing that the War on Drugs has neutraiized voting rights and job opportunities for those charged as felons for drug offenses. These are the hopeless disenfranchised souls caught up in the revolving door syndrome of the criminal justice system.

Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.
The link says he was talking to blacks . I'd like to see it rewritten to say he was talking to Asians...Caucs and Hispanics as well. Crime is an American problem and we need our collective resources to combat it. Segregating crimes by race is folly. Caucs commit the most crime but blacks are overrepresented in our prisons.
The former is a total, the latter is a rate. Blacks are overrepresented in crime AND in prison.

That's where it goes.

and this girl

are responsible.

Im guessing that the War on Drugs has neutraiized voting rights and job opportunities for those charged as felons for drug offenses. These are the hopeless disenfranchised souls caught up in the revolving door syndrome of the criminal justice system.
Oh yeah, they had nothing to do with their drug use. The drugs/whitey/slavery/global warming did it to them!

New Topics

Forum List

Back