Denture wearers..

I'm bumping this up because the time has come when I need to make a decision whether to go with implant supported dentures or conventional. Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

if you can afford an implant do it

i only have an upper

my bottoms are still in good working order

i hope to keep them another several years

Thank you so much for the reply, Stephanie. I am scheduled to have dental implants within the next few weeks. I am very much afraid. The idea of having titanium implants implanted in my jawbone scares me. The healing process is up to 8 months. My friends tell me I'll be okay with conventional dentures. I don't know what to do.

They gave him dentures to put in while he was waiting for permanent ones, but he didn't like them sitting on the implants so he just went without them. It took almost three months I think to get permanent ones. Going with no teeth on bottoms doesn't look as bad as if they were the top teeth missing. you just look a little grandpa for awhile...

good luck with it all. surgery was out patient and just a couple hours to pull all teeth, but you do need someone to be with you. the doctor had to help him into his jacked up Ford truck. as I'm only 5 feet tall I need a ladder myself to get in it..

Thank you so much for the reply, Stephanie. I am scheduled to have dental implants within the next few weeks. I am very much afraid. The idea of having titanium implants implanted in my jawbone scares me. The healing process is up to 8 months. My friends tell me I'll be okay with conventional dentures. I don't know what to do.

They gave him dentures to put in while he was waiting for permanent ones, but he didn't like them sitting on the implants so he just went without them. It took almost three months I think to get permanent ones. Going with no teeth on bottoms doesn't look as bad as if they were the top teeth missing. you just look a little grandpa for awhile...

good luck with it all. surgery was out patient and just a couple hours to pull all teeth, but you do need someone to be with you. the doctor had to help him into his jacked up Ford truck. as I'm only 5 feet tall I need a ladder myself to get in it..

with my uppers

on the first visit the dentist took an impression of my roof

took a orbiting x ray

on the second appointment

he pulled my top teeth & put in my temp plate

in less then an hour

I went a strange route with my dentures. Had the 17 remaining teeth pulled in one day and went home. I avoided temporary denture at first. Made it a month and a half with zero teeth. Not as bad as you might think. I quickly got to where I could eat a lot of things like pizza, biscuits, and sausage. Just had to crush it with my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

Finally felt healed enough to get dentures. Now I still have temps but it has been so easy to adjust. I did not have to deal with dental pain with plastic stuck in my mouth. I get my permanent plates in 8 months. Now being an old man my appearance with no teeth was not a concern. If my wife was going to leave she could have done that years ago. If I was younger looking to date or something else I might have done it differently.

I have had the temps for 2 weeks and I am talking normally and eating lots of things. Still have some sore spots but I just go and have them adjusted.

No more toothaches. I can smile with a full set of teeth. I love them.

I have had dentures for 4 years now. Greatest thing ever. Medication in my childhood ruined the enamel on my teeth. I have had problems most of my life, with the last 10 years being terrible. Now I have no issues.

Yes, the bottom plate will "float". No biggie. A little "teeth glue" fixes that perfectly. Polygrip is good. I like Fixodent a littler better. But Jake is correct. Make sure they fit well. YOu will be amazed at how much better your life is when you remove the dental problems that have plagued you.

Well since I saw this title pop up on the side menu bar maybe you guys should look into this guy I hear he is excellent at what he does. and his cost is exceptionally good considering you get bot the top and bottoms.

http://4implantsolution.com

Well since I saw this title pop up on the side menu bar maybe you guys should look into this guy I hear he is excellent at what he does. and his cost is exceptionally good considering you get bot the top and bottoms.

Did you know that dental implants were "invented" by the US Army Medical Research and Development Command in the late 1970's?

Did you know that dental implants were "invented" by the US Army Medical Research and Development Command in the late 1970's?

That could be scary, they probably add tracking chips LMDAO.... just kidding. or am I bahahaha.

Last edited:

The way this guy does these implants are suppose to be much different than reg. all on fours I guess it's called. he is suppose to be one of the best in the world, ppl from all over the world come to his office for the teeth.

upload_2017-12-3_19-47-42.png

Wow that guy's procedure is $31,500.

Tech it is only 29,500.............. but you get TOP and BOTTOMS.

The price is suppose to go up to 33, 000 Jan 2018 I believe.

It's $29,500 if you pay cash.

Or you can get top and bottom dentures for $800-$1,200.

It's $29,500 if you pay cash.

Or you can get top and bottom dentures for $800-$1,200.

LOL,

Well you can get them financed as well.

I hear those dam dentures suck no matter how good they are made . They flip out you can't eat worth a crap you have to use that clue shit fk that LOL.

upload_2017-12-3_20-1-8.png

Thats about right.
I paid $36k and it was worth every penny.

You mean you have those all on four things?

Four implants on top and two on the bottom.
They snap in and out and you can barely tell the difference from real teeth.

Thats about right.

Yeah I hear those are the best, that information I posted above those ones don't snap in and out, the are implants on a titanium bar like thingy. They're like the real exspensive ones only at the price of 29.0000-33,000

Which I hear this guy is the best in the world, well his clinic is .

But yeah I would think the implants snap in or not would be the best way to go , and this DR GOLPA makes it more affordable to have the implants.

From the looks of this guy's work man these look amazing

Thats about right.

Yeah I hear those are the best, that information I posted above those ones don't snap in and out, the are implants on a titanium bar like thingy. They're like the real exspensive ones only at the price of 29.0000-33,000

Which I hear this guy is the best in the world, well his clinic is .

But yeah I would think the implants snap in or not would be the best way to go , and this DR GOLPA makes it more affordable to have the implants.

From the looks of this guy's work man these look amazing

The top one actually does have a titanium bar that the teeth attach to via two clips in the front and two pins in the back that go through the bar.
The whole setup is rock solid. Hell,I can even eat beef jerky.

Forum List

Back