Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like a ghost to you, Joe. Even after all these years of my telling you, you don't even know what my basic position is regarding government.

The "small" in small government is incomprehensible to your "small" mind

No, I just recongize that when a tool of a Koch brother talks about "small" government, what he really means is 'government that takes my side on stuff."

And they get their deregulation and their free trade and make their billions, and Cleetuses like you with small businesses end up getting screwed anyway due to lack of infrastructure and all the people you hire believe in talking snakes because no one taught them science in school. .

The Koch brothers are conservatives, dim wit. So now Republicans are anarchists? You're seriously not a bright guy

You obviously have no idea about actually running a business and dealing with government. You being right had nothing to do with settling. Government couldn't care less about that. And your dirty little secret remains. We paid more to make you go away than it would have cost if we offered to rehire you

You mean the government knew you were in the wrong, and you either had to rehire the guy or pay him to go away?

Man, I'm starting to understand your hatred of working people now. You sound like the kind of guy who becomes the boss to push people around and then finds he really can't.

I'm actually feeling sad for you. It must be tough to go to work everyday surrounded by people who hate you.

The Koch brothers are conservatives, dim wit. So now Republicans are anarchists? You're seriously not a bright guy

David Koch ran on the libertarian ticket as VP in 1980. They've been the one pushing the Libertarian Crazy for decades.

I'm not a Christian, Scoobie Doo.

Facts and your posts have nothing in common

No, you just buy into their crap. Same difference.

Does make one wonder if the guy is not blackmailing him why Hassert is paying him all that cash...

From the reports, Hastert initiated a hush campaign and was paying the guy off for his silence.

Hastert is a so-called Born Again Christian, the Christian Coalition gave him 100% ratings when he was in Congress, and, lordy lordy,

he had 17 years of involvement with the Boy Scouts!

lol, the man is fucking cliché.

You obviously have no idea about actually running a business and dealing with government. You being right had nothing to do with settling. Government couldn't care less about that. And your dirty little secret remains. We paid more to make you go away than it would have cost if we offered to rehire you

You mean the government knew you were in the wrong, and you either had to rehire the guy or pay him to go away?

Man, I'm starting to understand your hatred of working people now. You sound like the kind of guy who becomes the boss to push people around and then finds he really can't.

I'm actually feeling sad for you. It must be tough to go to work everyday surrounded by people who hate you.

Now that's projection. You hate management so everyone else does. I'll seriously address this one though, it's an interesting point.

In 5 1/2 years I've run my own show, no full time employee has quit my company on their own. I laid off one employee on a LOW. He had a very narrow skillset and I didn't have enough of that work, so I laid him off and outsourced his job. I have fired slews of them for sucking, including you. The reason I say "on their own" is that two did quit, but they were both on official action plans and knew they were about to get fired. They did what I hoped and used their time on their action plans to get other jobs.

It's an interesting thing, if you think to yourself who you would like to work for, the first thing that pops into most people's mind is a "nice guy." When I was in consulting, a friend of mine, his name is John, and I were in very similar jobs. I was working more on the technical side, he was working more on the business side. But we were in similar roles and it was on the same initiative, so we worked a lot together. He is the nicest guy. We've kept in touch for the last 20 years since that time and I've never seen him get angry or even snippy. He's nice to everyone. I'm actually a pretty nice guy generally, but I don't screw around, especially at work. I do cross swords occasionally, as you well know my having taken you out.

Anyway, my development team loved me and hated him. Every time he talked to them about the business needs they thought he was lying to them or setting them up. I kept saying no he isn't! But they openly didn't trust him or believe a word he said. Finally one of my developers in a team meeting asked me if I really meant that, John isn't being devious with them. I said yes, he really, truly isn't.

The point is that work isn't home. They interpreted his nice style as hiding his true intentions. With me being generally a nice guy they saw that side, but they respected that I didn't screw around. You get out of line, I'm in your face. John would go about that sort of thing more round about. It resulted in trusting me and not trusting him. That is what people want from management. People who are open and straight and project an image of being worthy of respect.

I trust the people who work for me. I don't micromanage them when they do their jobs, I support them. They screw up though and I'm in their face. Or more likely their manager is with me behind them. That is why people like working for me. I pay market, not high or low. When I buy businesses I make fair offers, not wow or low ball. I also am in the office generally like 4 hours a day right now and most of that I waste time. My staff run the business. It's not about money, it's not about nice, it's about respect.

In an all employee meeting I just had this week, I said to my professional staff I can't do a single one of their jobs. I can't. Not that I couldn't learn any of them, but I would be just like a new hire. That is why I work so little, they run their own show. That's why I keep getting consulting contracts on the side, I'm bored as shit. But they don't want me in their way, and I don't want to be.

Right now I'm working on another acquisition though. So I'm working harder. But once it's done, I'll fold it into my operations and then I'll be bored again.

Last edited:

David Koch ran on the libertarian ticket as VP in 1980. They've been the one pushing the Libertarian Crazy for decades.

They are funding the Republican party, which is clearly not libertarian

They fund Republicans because they are more politically aligned with libertarians (not to mention there aren't many libertarians elected to government). They also fund libertarian groups like the Cato Institute. They very much play a role in that realm, don't be ignorant.

David Koch: ‘I’m basically a libertarian’

Last edited:

They fund Republicans because they are more politically aligned with libertarians (not to mention there aren't many libertarians elected to government). They also fund libertarian groups like the Cato Institute. They very much play a role in that realm, don't be ignorant.

Bob Barr and Gary Johnson headed the Librarian ticket and neither was a libertarian. Bob Barr wasn't remotely libertarian.

The Koch's are funding the Republicans, you are an idiot if you think saying someone supporting the Koch's is calling them a libertarian. Hmm...actually I could have just stopped after I said you are an idiot and skipped the "if"

In 5 1/2 years I've run my own show, no full time employee has quit my company on their own. I laid off one employee on a LOW. He had a very narrow skillset and I didn't have enough of that work, so I laid him off and outsourced his job. I have fired slews of them for sucking, including you. The reason I say "on their own" is that two did quit, but they were both on official action plans and knew they were about to get fired. They did what I hoped and used their time on their action plans to get other jobs.

I don't think I'd ever work for a creep like you, but this fellow who cleaned you out in court must have really traumitized you.

t's an interesting thing, if you think to yourself who you would like to work for, the first thing that pops into most people's mind is a "nice guy." When I was in consulting, a friend of mine, his name is John, and I were in very similar jobs.

No, what I want is a guy who is fair and honest. My best boss was my commander when I was in the service. ON a personal level, he was kind of a prick. But he played fair and he cared about his men.

so more wrong assumptions on your part.

That is why people like working for me.

Yeah, guy, somehow, I don't think anyone even likes being around you.

And you seem awfully defensive to a person you've never met about how you run your business.

That's like being "basically" pregnant. You either view it as a legitimate role for government to override our personal decisions when we don't affect others or you don't

More along the lines, they know that 99% of Americans reject libertarianism, they never get more than 1% of the vote. So instead, they subvert the GOP. Which is why they are supporting Scott Walker (a squishy libertarian) rather than Rand Paul, who is almost sincere.

Bob Barr and Gary Johnson headed the Librarian ticket and neither was a libertarian. Bob Barr wasn't remotely libertarian.

The Koch's are funding the Republicans, you are an idiot if you think saying someone supporting the Koch's is calling them a libertarian. Hmm...actually I could have just stopped after I said you are an idiot and skipped the "if"

The Koch's are funding for the sake of access.

Koch brothers fund the Cato Institute, Americans for Prosperity, Heritage Foundation and Reason magazine. All play a role in the Libertarian environment. I don't care what you think of Bob Barr, the Libertarians thought enough to nominate him.

Libertarians and extremist have infiltrated and changed the structure and ideology of conservatives and Republicans via the Koch brothers and Tea Party. Reagan or Goldwater would not have a chance of getting the nomination in today's environment.

So what you are saying is you Libertarians don't even run your own party? You just recycle Republicans who can't get a foothold in their own?

The Koches give to the GOP because they know they'd never sell their message if they were open about it.

More along the lines, they know that 99% of Americans reject libertarianism, they never get more than 1% of the vote. So instead, they subvert the GOP. Which is why they are supporting Scott Walker (a squishy libertarian) rather than Rand Paul, who is almost sincere.

Yes, and they use their think tanks to manipulate public policy. Deregulate everything or at least where these two put their money. I would actually consider the Koch brothers to be insincere libertarians, it's an ideology born out of convenience for them.

I don't think I'd ever work for a creep like you, but this fellow who cleaned you out in court must have really traumitized you.

You have worked for no one but creeps like me. You still do. And the only time I've been to court I was the plaintiff for a dead beat customer who thought they could get away with not paying their bill because they were an hour away from the Triangle where we are located. They lost and had to pay court costs.

As for paying though, I haven't lost an unemployment case I fought, so still nothing. Not sure what you even think you are referring to

t's an interesting thing, if you think to yourself who you would like to work for, the first thing that pops into most people's mind is a "nice guy." When I was in consulting, a friend of mine, his name is John, and I were in very similar jobs.

No, what I want is a guy who is fair and honest. My best boss was my commander when I was in the service. ON a personal level, he was kind of a prick. But he played fair and he cared about his men.

so more wrong assumptions on your part.

LOL, you start with "no" and conclude with that I was making a wrong assumption, and everything in the middle agreed with me. You don't want nice, you want whatever you want to call it, straight, respect, fair, honest. Exactly what I said

That is why people like working for me.

Yeah, guy, somehow, I don't think anyone even likes being around you.

And you seem awfully defensive to a person you've never met about how you run your business.

Yes, if I discuss an issue then I'm defensive. Got it. So that's why you're contentless, you don't want to be defensive. It's not that you don't have any content, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back