"Deniers" of the scares....

Feb 28, 2009
I come from a long line of "deniers" who were right! The track record is unassailable.

My Great-Grandfather, in his writings, lambasted the "Rain Follows the Plow" scientists when they said we should go, settle the great plains, don't worry that it's a desert -- your plowing up the soil and us dynamiting the air will cause climate change!

He was right. They were vain morons full of hubris.

My Grandfather and my Dad would go on and on to anyone who would listen, during the late 60s and all through the 70s, that the "New Ice Age" stuff was fear-mongering bullshit, done by what they called "people planners."

They were right. The climatologists were vain morons full of hubris.

I went on and on, to anyone who would listen -- that Y2K was bullshit. Manufactured fear scam. Nothing would happen.

I was right, the Y2K eggheads were full of shit, vain morons full of hubris.

Since 1989, I have been all over this "global warming" shit the same way.

Today's "Global warming" zealots are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the New Age, blind in their faith, quoting scriptures, trying to convert the masses.

But they're eggheads full of shit, vain morons full of hubris.

They actually, truly believe mankind is somehow important and significant, and anything bad must be blamed on him, and anything good must be credited to him.

When the truth is, we are insignificant on this planet and even moreso in the cosmos.

Their vanity clouds their intelligence and their judgment.

Hubris results... Again.

Last edited:
Science can be wrong.

Then again it can be right. I have a couple obsolete computer programs on my "vintage" machines which just don't deal well with Y2K. Then again my 89 Toronado's factory Touch Screen calendar did just fine.

My general favor of global warming legislation just shows how conservative I am. Not any lack of understanding of the science. Sometimes two folks can look at the same information and have different opinions.

Oh, Shit Fuck Damn. There, am I part of the Rush revolution yet?

• Banned
Science can be wrong.

Then again it can be right. I have a couple obsolete computer programs on my "vintage" machines which just don't deal well with Y2K. Then again my 89 Toronado's factory Touch Screen calendar did just fine.

My general favor of global warming legislation just shows how conservative I am. Not any lack of understanding of the science. Sometimes two folks can look at the same information and have different opinions.

"Science can be wrong" is accepted. By most people.

But not by the AGW religious fundies who reject history, and believe their God is infallible.

If you actually believe the Y2K fundies were right, because 1/1 millionth of computers might have been affected when they promised us billions would be, then you are coming real close to being a fundie.

Y2K was a massive flop, they were so toweringly, eggheadedly wrong as to re-define the very word.

Last edited:
Science can be wrong.

But not by the AGW religious fundies who reject history, and believe their God is infallible.

If you actually believe the Y2K fundies were right, because 1/1 millionth of computers might have been affected when they promised us billions would be, then you are coming real close to being a fundie.

Y2K was a massive flop, they were so toweringly, eggheadedly wrong as to re-define the very word.

I read somewhere BILLIONS were made off of Y2K - all the updates and whatnot.

Global warming offers up potential TRILLIONS in earnings for a select few...

• Banned
I don't believe i have read one post this evening as spot on as you are in this one Midnight Marauder. March on.
Thank me by finding me a female vocalist who can record my latest song. Please.

Based on Carly Simon's "You're so vain"

You started the fear party, with your predictions of a new ice age
Your fear strategically fit to target us
But science, it was not
You had one eye on the data as, your predictions came to naught
And Mother Earth she just kept on a turning,
kept on a turning and...

You're so vain, you think that climate change is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think the climate's about you
Don't you? Don't You?

You fooled us a hundred years ago when we were still quite naive
When you said that the rain would follow the plow
That the deserts could live and breathe
So we went out west to plant our crops, but the rain it stayed back east
We brought our plows but the clouds didn't follow,
clouds didn't follow and...

You're so vain, you probably think the climate's about you
Don't you? Don't You? Don't You?

I have some dreams but I don't call them science,
don't call them science, and...

You're so vain, you think that climate change is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

Well you fueled up all of your private jets, for a trip to Copenhagen,
You act like we never saw the emails,
with your attempts to 'hide the decline'
Yer on the wrong side of history all the time,
trying to control our life!
Don't even bother flying back home to tax us,
back home to tax us and...

You're insane, you made the data say it's about you
You're so vain, you thought that climate change was about you.
Don't lie! Don't lie! Don't lie!

• Banned
Science can be wrong.

I read somewhere BILLIONS were made off of Y2K - all the updates and whatnot.

Global warming offers up potential TRILLIONS in earnings for a select few...
Yes.... The select few.

Strange coinky-dink, huh?

Originally Posted by Octodolt
In terms of stationary wind mill farms all that is needed is jet engines to provide wind when natural winds are not available.

^^^ Yes, Octodolt is SERIOUS!!!

Windmill pumps ..Gasoline or electric motors are sometimes connected to windmill driven pumps to supplement the wind on calm days. ...
Windmill pumps -

Last edited:
  • Banned
In terms of stationary wind mill farms all that is needed is jet engines to provide wind when natural winds are not available.

^^^ Yes, Octodolt is SERIOUS!!!
Windmill pumps ..Gasoline or electric motors are sometimes connected to windmill driven pumps to supplement the wind on calm days. ...
Windmill pumps -
Hey stupid. That's not the same thing at all.

Think about it.

the point is wind turbines can be supplemented with fuel driven motors on calm days which I belive was essentially the point being made and he would be absolutely correct if the word jet was simply removed from the statement

In terms of stationary wind mill farms all that is needed is engines to provide wind when natural winds are not available.

right ?

Last edited:
the point is wind turbines can be supplemented with fuel driven motors on calm days which I belive was essentially the point being made and he would be absolutely correct if the word jet was simply removed from the statement

In terms of stationary wind mill farms all that is needed is engines to provide wind when natural winds are not available.
You fucking idiot, no they cannot.

That already exists in much more efficient form, it's called GAS TURBINES dumbass.

THINK.

The example you linked is for pumping WATER, not using the blast from jet engines to turn the windmills to pump the water!

Are you really this clueless?

Last edited:

That already exists in much more efficient form, it's called GAS TURBINES dumbass.
It cannot or it already exists..which one is it ?
Take sentences out of context instead of just manning-up and saying, "okay, you're right?"

Because it actually went like this:
Quote: Originally Posted by eots
And the answer is, NO THEY CANNOT.

GAS TURBINES do not supplement wind turbines dumbass, in the context. You don't use a motor to make wind to blow on and drive wind turbines.

You use gas turbines to make electricity. You use motors to pump water.

Neither is used to make wind to drive windmills. Otherwise, you don't NEED the fucking windmill.

Octodolt's proposition was, to put jet engines on windfarms to generate wind for times when "natural wind" wasn't happening.

You're defending THAT? Keep the goalposts where they started.

Last edited:
Science can be wrong.

As usual, Midnight Marauder was right on the money with this assessment. Not to say that Midnight Marauder is a common man (actually he's a cut above) but if the common man, like the majority of us, can see how foolish the government sounds when they beat this global warming drum, why can't they, or why won't they get in step with us rational people? Like everything else in Washington, just follow the money and see where it goes... That should explain it all.

I come from a long line of "deniers" who were right! The track record is unassailable.

My Great-Grandfather, in his writings, lambasted the "Rain Follows the Plow" scientists when they said we should go, settle the great plains, don't worry that it's a desert -- your plowing up the soil and us dynamiting the air will cause climate change!

He was right. They were vain morons full of hubris.

My Grandfather and my Dad would go on and on to anyone who would listen, during the late 60s and all through the 70s, that the "New Ice Age" stuff was fear-mongering bullshit, done by what they called "people planners."

They were right. The climatologists were vain morons full of hubris.

I went on and on, to anyone who would listen -- that Y2K was bullshit. Manufactured fear scam. Nothing would happen.

I was right, the Y2K eggheads were full of shit, vain morons full of hubris.

Since 1989, I have been all over this "global warming" shit the same way.

Today's "Global warming" zealots are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the New Age, blind in their faith, quoting scriptures, trying to convert the masses.

But they're eggheads full of shit, vain morons full of hubris.

They actually, truly believe mankind is somehow important and significant, and anything bad must be blamed on him, and anything good must be credited to him.

When the truth is, we are insignificant on this planet and even moreso in the cosmos.

Their vanity clouds their intelligence and their judgment.

Hubris results... Again.
You left out the Malthusians, Luddites, Red Scaremongers and and adherents to the doom-and-gloom scenarios painted by J.K. Galbraith and Paul Ehrlich.

Same misanthropic negative waves, different generations.

Personally I don't see all the doom and gloom hysterics out of the majority of global warming folks.

Seems like the same type of science that says "Clearing the rainforest has negative effects".

Why did some folks get angry when a member posted an idea concerning how windmills can be used 24x7 for electricity? That was a very common sense idea. I guess if the coal plant up the road from me used less coal then the BNSF would make less money hauling coal...

Use the wind when its there, use fossil fuels to drive the turbines when the wind isn't blowing.

Why did some folks get angry when a member posted an idea concerning how windmills can be used 24x7 for electricity? That was a very common sense idea. I guess if the coal plant up the road from me used less coal then the BNSF would make less money hauling coal...

Use the wind when its there, use fossil fuels to drive the turbines when the wind isn't blowing.
You didn't see anyone get angry, for starters.

Secondly, once again read what you just said, and ask yourself why you know nothing at all about wind turbines, as evidenced by your suggestion that we burn fossil fuels to keep the blades turning during periods of low wind.

Eots attempted to move the goalposts away from that, to what we actually really do now anyway. When a windfarm isn't putting out the megawatts, the coal-fired and gas-fired existing powerplants already DO pick up the slack. That wasn't the discussion, and wasn't what eots was initially defending.

Lost in the discussion? Windfarms really don't save fossill fuels from being burned, and do NOT reduce carbon emissions in any meaningful way. Because the fuel-burning power plants have to stay up, have to keep "hot" so to speak, in order to be able to pick up "slack" at completely unpredictable times, 24/7/365.

They have to go from low-fire condition to balls to the walls wide open condition in minutes, burning much more fuel than they would have running 50-60% open, all the time without the windfarm.

Now, please go back to the OP, and let's discuss how wrong climate science has always been, and knowing that, why we should believe them now.

Last edited:
I feel the logic behind the initial post is flawed and that scientific ideas have to be evaluated on their own.

Otherwise we'd be thinking about how "wrong" medical science has always been and how we shouldn't listen to it now.

On a side note, this sounded pretty angry to me.

All for someone suggesting something "radical" like "stick windmills on that there coal stack so on some days we can burn less coal"

I feel the logic behind the initial post is flawed and that scientific ideas have to be evaluated on their own.

Otherwise we'd be thinking about how "wrong" medical science has always been and how we shouldn't listen to it now.
That's not what the OP suggests. Can you not have a discussion without moving the goalposts where you want them to be?
On a side note, this sounded pretty angry to me.
All for someone suggesting something "radical" like "stick windmills on that there coal stack so on some days we can burn less coal"
That's not what was suggested. At all. And it wouldn't even help, as I showed.

Eots was defending the IDIOTIC suggestion by Octodolt that we mount JET ENGINES in windfarms, to use to generate wind when natural wind isn't available. He then realized, belatedly, how stupid that suggestion was, and tried to move the goalposts.

And you're either toweringly stupid, or dishonest, or both for suggesting otherwise.

Your complete lack of knowledge of power generation is on a galactic scale.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back