dems worried about media

Oh, that's rich. The dems are afraid the media will hurt their cause, huh? Forget the pot and kettle, this is like the sun calling the moon bright.

Hobbit said:
Oh, that's rich. The dems are afraid the media will hurt their cause, huh? Forget the pot and kettle, this is like the sun calling the moon bright.

Actually, if you think about it, it doesn't seem like a bad idea regardless of the apparent motivation behind it. I wouldn't want NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN or even FOX to get so large that they control 39% of all media outlets. News bias is bad enough already and I'd prefer a broad spectrum of sources rather than a huge conglomerate. Think about the consequences if one media outlet had the same dominance over the news and entertainment market as MicroSoft has on operating systems. Scary, huh.

Merlin1047 said:
Actually, if you think about it, it doesn't seem like a bad idea regardless of the apparent motivation behind it. I wouldn't want NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN or even FOX to get so large that they control 39% of all media outlets. News bias is bad enough already and I'd prefer a broad spectrum of sources rather than a huge conglomerate. Think about the consequences if one media outlet had the same dominance over the news and entertainment market as MicroSoft has on operating systems. Scary, huh.

But they are using it to their benefit. They still control a vast majority of news outlets in the country. They are afraid of Fox and Clear channel gaining more gorund on them though. So while your idea is genuine, don't mistake where their motives lie.

Merlin1047 said:

Yeah, I'm just saying that the Dems have never worried about this when the majority of the huge media conglomerates were in their favor. Now that conservative media conglomerates are coming around, they cry foul.

They usually just complain about Fox News and all the conservatives who are on talk radio. Of course, they never have a problem with the biased reporting on the nightly news programs, the New York Times, and many other media outlets.

insein said:
But they are using it to their benefit. They still control a vast majority of news outlets in the country. They are afraid of Fox and Clear channel gaining more gorund on them though. So while your idea is genuine, don't mistake where their motives lie.

No argument there. Anything coming out of DC is practically certain to be self-serving.

Well' I'll say the same thing in a slightly different way. In the days before Fox and Rush, none of this was perceived as a problem. "Media consolodation" and " information monopolies" were just fine when liberal dogma was the only game in town.

Their naked, audacious hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

And if you look at some of the leftist blogs, or listen to leftist radio (FrankenNet) these people actually believe as FACT that Sandy Burgler's PantsGate is no big deal, GWB is Hitler, 9/11 is all our fault, GWB lied about why we went to war, etc etc, etc. They really think that the GOP controls the media. It's so unbelievable. I heard Randi Rhodes going on about how the Bush family is soooooooo out of touch with "real people" because they are rich and own a mansion in Kennebunkport (sp?) Yet they think Kerry is a "man of the people", when himself and Ms. Heinz have more $$$ then they know what to do with. Do you think if you asked the Kerry's how much a gallon of milk costs thaey would have any idea? The hypocrisy and fantasy world they live in is amazing...........

"Because our democracy thrives on public access to diverse sources of information from multiple sources, we support measures to ensure diversity, competition and localism in media ownership..."

Sounds good to me. :cheers2:

JIHADTHIS said:
And if you look at some of the leftist blogs, or listen to leftist radio (FrankenNet) these people actually believe as FACT that Sandy Burgler's PantsGate is no big deal, GWB is Hitler, 9/11 is all our fault, GWB lied about why we went to war, etc etc, etc. They really think that the GOP controls the media. It's so unbelievable. I heard Randi Rhodes going on about how the Bush family is soooooooo out of touch with "real people" because they are rich and own a mansion in Kennebunkport (sp?) Yet they think Kerry is a "man of the people", when himself and Ms. Heinz have more $$$ then they know what to do with. Do you think if you asked the Kerry's how much a gallon of milk costs thaey would have any idea? The hypocrisy and fantasy world they live in is amazing...........

I personally don't listen to any money talk re: the election since Bush, Cheney, Kerry and Edwards all are millionaires(sp?) I mean, all four of them are accustomed to a way of life that is far superior to the average American's, moneywise anyway. They're all fucking rich. Didn't Cheney make like $50 million in the private sector, before re-entering politricks? Gimme a break. It's what you do, not what daddy gave you or what you married into. or whether you are a lawyer or a businessman.

nycflasher said:
I personally don't listen to any money talk re: the election since Bush, Cheney, Kerry and Edwards all are millionaires(sp?) I mean, all four of them are accustomed to a way of life that is far superior to the average American's, moneywise anyway. They're all fucking rich. Didn't Cheney make like $50 million in the private sector, before re-entering politricks? Gimme a break. It's what you do, not what daddy gave you or what you married into. or whether you are a lawyer or a businessman.

Exactly. Thats why Bush hasnt said he relates to the people. He simply said he shares their values. Kerry seems to think that he is one of the little people. Im sorry but everytime i look at him, i picture him saying "IM RICH BIOTCH!!"

insein said:
Im sorry but everytime i look at him, i picture him saying "IM RICH BIOTCH!!"

Is that a Kerry complement? Because the way Chris Rock says that makes me want to go out and vote for him.

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Rock says "I'm rich biotch!" but acts no differently than when he didn't have two nickels to rub together.

That's class.

insein said:
Exactly. Thats why Bush hasnt said he relates to the people. He simply said he shares their values. Kerry seems to think that he is one of the little people. Im sorry but everytime i look at him, i picture him saying "IM RICH BIOTCH!!"

Ah, that's why Bush doesn't claim to relate to people.

nycflasher said:
"Because our democracy thrives on public access to diverse sources of information from multiple sources, we support measures to ensure diversity, competition and localism in media ownership..."

Sounds good to me. :cheers2:

But, where was all this touching concern for diversity during the decades when the liberals enjoyed a stranglehold on the media? Now, all of a sudden - that the tiniest whisper of dissent is beginning to make itself heard - now, the free market can't be trusted. Now, we need government intervention. Sounds to me like a certain ideology fears the light of day.

New Topics

Forum List

Back