Dems wasteful spending

70,000 bridges are structurally deficient. this should have been done long ago. but where is that $1 billion going to come from?

A drop in the milk bucket, really.

Sadly so many drops are going to buckets which inevitable end up spilled milk, that we have neglected our own people's needs, I think.

70,000 bridges are structurally deficient. this should have been done long ago. but where is that $1 billion going to come from?

Tax Payers. We all know taxes are necessary. We get mad when other people try to avoid paying them. But then we bitch about paying them ourselves. My point was, this is not wasteful spending. Spending more than the rest of the world combined on defense and losing millions of dollars in Iraq, LITERALLY losing millions in Iraq, is wasteful.

If they raised our taxes and took away the tax break to the top 1% to pay off the national debt, I would not consider that a bad thing either. But if I saw a bunch of bullshit pork being spent, then I'd throw a fit.

Tax Payers. We all know taxes are necessary. We get mad when other people try to avoid paying them. But then we bitch about paying them ourselves. My point was, this is not wasteful spending. Spending more than the rest of the world combined on defense and losing millions of dollars in Iraq, LITERALLY losing millions in Iraq, is wasteful.

If they raised our taxes and took away the tax break to the top 1% to pay off the national debt, I would not consider that a bad thing either. But if I saw a bunch of bullshit pork being spent, then I'd throw a fit.

i wasnt saying that bridge spending is wasteful, just asking how congress was thinking of paying for it. i guess they figure that we're already so far in debt, a million more wont be significant. i just wish they would be held accountable for the spending.
im a merchandiser for a retail chain. i have a very limited budget to purchase all of our products. once my budget is used up, thats it. i cant buy any more. so as much as i would like to buy a huge amount of inventory of the hot new item, i cant. because that takes my money away from other items. i just need to make sure that i buy as close to the exact amount needed as i can, so no $ is wasted.
congress should be appointed a budget from an outside source. maybe then they cant simply raise their own budget once they overspend.

i wasnt saying that bridge spending is wasteful, just asking how congress was thinking of paying for it. i guess they figure that we're already so far in debt, a million more wont be significant. i just wish they would be held accountable for the spending.
im a merchandiser for a retail chain. i have a very limited budget to purchase all of our products. once my budget is used up, thats it. i cant buy any more. so as much as i would like to buy a huge amount of inventory of the hot new item, i cant. because that takes my money away from other items. i just need to make sure that i buy as close to the exact amount needed as i can, so no $ is wasted.
congress should be appointed a budget from an outside source. maybe then they cant simply raise their own budget once they overspend.

Then you must be in favor of leaving Iraq, right?

Forum List

Back