Dems Want To Expand Terrorist Rights

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I am sure AQ appreciates the Democrats hard work ont heir behalf

Senate moves to expand detainee rights By ANNE FLAHERTY, Associated Press Writer
Fri May 25, 7:03 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are backing a bill that would grant new rights to terror suspects held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, including access to a lawyer regardless of whether the prisoners are put on trial.

The proposal, approved this week by the Senate Armed Services Committee, also would narrow the definition of an enemy combatant and tighten restrictions on the types of evidence used to prosecute and keep a person detained.

The bill is aimed primarily at increasing legal protections for the hundreds of people captured by the United States and held for years on suspicion of terror ties without a trial. Only those selected for prosecution — typically the most high-profile suspected terrorists — are guaranteed legal counsel and other rights when they go to court.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070525/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/congress_detainees

hell lets allow them to become citizens and find them not guilty. I guess if we got a gun or strapped up for a terror plot we could have rights as well in another country? I mean they are humans and they meant no real harm since they got first before any real harm was done..... right?

hell lets allow them to become citizens and find them not guilty. I guess if we got a gun or strapped up for a terror plot we could have rights as well in another country? I mean they are humans and they meant no real harm since they got first before any real harm was done..... right?

maybe Dems see them as an untapped voting block

When will the left learn you cannot fight AND win a PC war?

Forum List

Back