Dems Using Tax Money To Silence Conservative Radio

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The dems are now spending your tax dollars to gather information on Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannioty, and Mark Levin in an attempt to bring back the Fairness Doctine

Now the Dems want the government to monitor the public airwaves and silence what they do not like

For the last 6 years it has been the left that has whined how Pres Bush was trying to silence dissent, now the left is actually trying to just that

PATRIOTIC GORE
The Democrat Party senior leadership is feeling a Rush. Rush Limbaugh, that is. Late last week, DNC Chair Howard Dean, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, his deputy, Sen. Dick Durbin and Senatorial Committee chair, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi all signed off in some form or another direct mail fundraising plans that will feature Limbaugh for their national party.

"'Don't let Limbaugh smear true patriotism,' that's the theme," says a DNC staffer. "We're not going to let Limbaugh determine what soldiers can talk and what soldiers can not."

Bad grammar and ill-informed opinions aside, the DNC hopes to raise millions of dollars of Limbaugh. "If we can't silence him, we should at least make some money to make his life more miserable in a Democratic-controlled Washington in 2008," says a Senate Democrat leadership aide.

Others on the Democrat side are pushing ahead with other plans. Rep. Henry Waxman has asked his investigative staff to begin compiling reports on Limbaugh, and fellow radio hosts Sean Hannity and Mark Levin based on transcripts from their shows, and to call in Federal Communications Commission chairman Kevin Martin to discuss the so-called "Fairness Doctrine."

"Limbaugh isn't the only one who needs to be made uncomfortable about what he says on the radio," says a House leadership source. "We don't have as big a megaphone as these guys, but this all political, and we'll do what we can to gain the advantage. If we can take them off their game for a while, it will help our folks out there on the campaign trail."

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12128

You didn't answer my question.

WHO owns the airwaves?

masterb.gif

You didn't answer my question.

WHO owns the airwaves?

masterb.gif

As I said not the Dems who want to censor politcal speech

Do you want some government worker sitting in an office deciding what is proper and acceptable when it comes to political speech?

This speaks clearly to the liberal agenda regarding free speech:
"If we can't silence him, we should at least make some money to make his life more miserable in a Democratic-controlled Washington in 2008," says a Senate Democrat leadership aide.

Used to be liberals would quote Voltaire:
"I disagree with everything you are saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".

Today it more like:
"I disagree with what you say and I'll riot, smear, condemn, and pass hate speech laws if you try to say it".

"I disagree with everything you are saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".

Today it more like:
"I disagree with what you say and I'll riot, smear, condemn, and pass hate speech laws if you try to say it".

Amazing how three men with a radio program can cause an entire political party to meltdown and be obsessed with shutting them down

Amazing how three men with a radio program can cause an entire political party to meltdown and be obsessed with shutting them down

Isn't it? I guess that's because they speak to intelligent Americans...tens of millions of them....because they reflect their values.

Who do the Dims really talk to? ...the elite few sitting in their ivory towers, students who are being brainwashed, lazy people who want to suck up socialized welfare, the gays, and the illegals who want to live here? No wonder Airhead America was a gigantic flop. The elites found it boring, the students had classes to attend, the lazy ones were too lazy, the gays were too few, and the illegals couldn't understand English. Oh, and let's not forget all those mainstream libs who preferred to listen to the gutter slop on the Howard Stern show.

Isn't it? I guess that's because they speak to intelligent Americans...tens of millions of them....because they reflect their values.

Who do the Dims really talk to? ...the elite few sitting in their ivory towers, students who are being brainwashed, lazy people who want to suck up socialized welfare, the gays, and the illegals who want to live here? No wonder Airhead America was a gigantic flop. The elites found it boring, the students had classes to attend, the lazy ones were too lazy, the gays were too few, and the illegals couldn't understand English. Oh, and let's not forget all those mainstream libs who preferred to listen to the gutter slop on the Howard Stern show.

You nailed it. The real reason the libs hate Rush and Sean is they CAN'T compete with them in the free market

For almost 20 years, the left have thrown many liberal talk show hosts up against him - and Rush has chewed them up and spit them out

Now, the left wants to shut them down since they can't compete

And I thought the libs were for free speech. Or do they support only liberal free speech?

Today it more like:
excellent post!
Fairness Doctrine = freedom of speech but only for the left.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” Joseph Goebbels aka RSR mentor

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” Joseph Goebbels aka RSR mentor

falling back on the nazi card already

The fact remains that the airwaves are NOT owned by the broadcasting companies that air left or right wing radio. This is why we have the FCC. You have no claim to ownership rights to the airwaves even if you writhe and scream about dems and the fairness doctrine. hell, NO ONE is suggesting taking your superstars off the air, right? You will STILL get to be heard, right?

so, you don't get to dominate the shit out of one form of media while ignoring the FACT that radio station owners don't OWN anything but granted rights to a signal transmission. I can't go start my own little radio station even though I have an FM transmitter because there is a limited range on the radio frequencies. Since you don't own the air waves you have no right to cry about how they are determined to be used in promoting fairness. Hell, you go after PBS when sesame street isnt busy teaching kids to hate gays but then cry about THIS?

gimme a break.

Here you are again having another childish rant about who gives a fuck........:D what a numpty.

As I said not the Dems who want to censor politcal speech

Do you want some government worker sitting in an office deciding what is proper and acceptable when it comes to political speech?

About as much as I want a republican crying about fairness when neither he, nor his radio heroes, own the PUBLIC air waves...

Here you are again having another childish rant about who gives a fuck........:D what a numpty.

I wouldn't have expected you to understand why my very first post in this thread has more fortitude than the entire paternal side of the last 10 generations of your family. Looks like RSR saw where I was going with that line of logic. Maybe if you get your geography quiz out of the way early this morning you can participate too.

Forum List

Back