Dems To Fund Troops - NO SURRENDER DATE

I suggest you go to any number of established polling organizations who ask questions that get the respondents to differentiate between congressional democrats and congressional republicans...

then you can do a little report of your findings.

I suggest you provide more than ONE poll.... Do what you are claiming we should do. Back up your accusations and claims. Explain how YOUR poll is better than some other National Poll, explain how your version of what it means is any better than someone elses version.

Par for the course from you, YOU want to ONLY discuss what you have set up, no outside information or thought allowed.

I suggest you provide more than ONE poll.... Do what you are claiming we should do. Back up your accusations and claims. Explain how YOUR poll is better than some other National Poll, explain how your version of what it means is any better than someone elses version.

Par for the course from you, YOU want to ONLY discuss what you have set up, no outside information or thought allowed.

go read my poll regarding the May 1st Quinnipaic Poll question...it is a long thread but I have inserted the results from a wide variety of polls that back up my assertions that: democrats are doing better in congress than republicans. democrats are doing better than Bush. a majority of people in america supported the democrat's funding bill and disapproved of Bush's veto of it. I am not about to go post them all again here just to make your life easier. Do try and keep up.

go read my poll regarding the May 1st Quinnipaic Poll question...it is a long thread but I have inserted the results from a wide variety of polls that back up my assertions that: democrats are doing better in congress than republicans. democrats are doing better than Bush. a majority of people in america supported the democrat's funding bill and disapproved of Bush's veto of it. I am not about to go post them all again here just to make your life easier. Do try and keep up.

No you haven't, you continue to DEMAND in that thread that no one link to any poll other than YOUR poll and demand an answer that doesn't include information that refutes your claim.

As I recall you linked to maybe one other poll, possibly two, BUT explain again why YOUR polls are better, more accurate then any other polls that disagree with you?

And of course YOUR own poll would indicate your wrong, Bush has a 33 percent approval rating and YOUR OWN poll had the Dems in Congress at 26 percent.....

that is incorrect. Democrats are not at 26% Congress is. WHen asked to differentiate between D's and R's in congress, the people do and the D's have a 13% edge.

and your memory is failing you old man...go back and re read the quinnipaic thread.... don't try and recall off the top of your greying, lightly packed head.

if you are suggesting that I posted a poll that showed congressional democrats currently at 26%, I think you are mistaken. if you would care to provide a thread link and post number, maybe we can clear this up.

I think I posted the latest Harris poll which shows congressional democrats

excellent/very good 35
only fair/poor 58

and republicans as
excellent/very good 22
only fair/poor 74

that is incorrect. Democrats are not at 26% Congress is. WHen asked to differentiate between D's and R's in congress, the people do and the D's have a 13% edge.

and your memory is failing you old man...go back and re read the quinnipaic thread.... don't try and recall off the top of your greying, lightly packed head.

From the afore mentioned thread....

Multi-Quote This Message
maineman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to maineman
Find all posts by maineman
Add maineman to Your Buddy List
#317 Add to maineman's Reputation Report Post
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Yellowdog Democrat

Rep Points 5836
maineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddhamaineman could be the buddha
it would seem to me that support for Bush's never ending bloodbath in Iraq is melting away. RSR....care to comment on ANY of the polls I have posted here, or will you continue to bring up congress's approval rating as if that trumps all these other polls and makes their results meaningless?

Latest headline from Rasmussen:

Friday, May 18, 2007

Twenty-six percent (26%) of American voters believe that Congress is doing a good or an excellent job. That’s a six point improvement over the past month and reflects that most positive rating for the legislative body in 2007. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 30% give Congress a “fair” rating while 43% say poor. A separate survey found that Democrats have an 11-point advantage on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The last rating for the outgoing Republican Congress found that just 11% gave the GOP-controlled chamber a good or excellent rating. The first survey after the Democrats took control found 16% giving Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid’s team good or excellent marks (see history).

again.... if you all want to make "Congress" synonymous with "DEMOCRATS", then please, by all means, have the nearly 50% of Congress that is REPUBLICAN resign their seats.

Oh yea..... you might think about removing your foot from your mouth before trying to type a response....

Harris has records of democrat versus republican congressional ratings going back a DECADE.... Pew Research since '01....Washington Post for nearly a decade.... Gallup for a decade....CNN/Time since '98.

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

and....as I previously posted:

Latest headline from Rasmussen:

Friday, May 18, 2007

Twenty-six percent (26%) of American voters believe that Congress is doing a good or an excellent job. That’s a six point improvement over the past month and reflects that most positive rating for the legislative body in 2007. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 30% give Congress a “fair” rating while 43% say poor. A separate survey found that Democrats have an 11-point advantage on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The last rating for the outgoing Republican Congress found that just 11% gave the GOP-controlled chamber a good or excellent rating. The first survey after the Democrats took control found 16% giving Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid’s team good or excellent marks
I see and noticed, "adults nationwide." Not registered, much less likely voters.

Whatever floats your boat!

Okay, so nobody likes the President and nobody likes Congress. So what else is new? To devote this much discussion to who is the more disliked is the intellectual equivalent to aruing who was worse, Hitler or Saloth Sar? We know they both sucked.

To say that the overall approval rating of Congress is the fault of the Dems is dishonest, the party split is as close to even as it has ever been during my short 42 years. As for the President, well, his approval ratings are self explanatory. The argument is unwinnable by either side.

Just my opinion.

But wait.... Maineman alternates between " We have a mandate" and " the Congress is evenly split" depending on what he wants to claim..... which is it?

He rants about the great LANDSLIDE in November and then says " The Congress is evenly split" again which was and is it?

But wait.... Maineman alternates between " We have a mandate" and " the Congress is evenly split" depending on what he wants to claim..... which is it?

He rants about the great LANDSLIDE in November and then says " The Congress is evenly split" again which was and is it?

I guess it is a lot like polls, you can skew the numbers to say whatever you want them to say. Never trust polling numbers. The results are always related to how you ask a question, not the question you ask.

It seems Dems are going to cave on their surrender date, and fund the troops (as they should have done four months ago)

Pres Bush had the Dems cornered all along, and this is not going to play well with the anti war left

Deal Near to Fund Iraq War Without Troop Withdrawal
Tuesday, May 22, 2007

WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders indicated Tuesday that a compromise is near over how to fund U.S. troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan after Democrats confirmed they will abandon plans to include a troop withdrawal timetable in the war supplemental spending measure.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer pledged that Democrats would try to include a timetable for withdrawal in next year's spending bills.

"We can't pass something without the president's signature and the president can't pass something without our agreement," Hoyer, D-Md., told reporters. "So we can be at a standoff and go back and forth at each other, or we can come to an agreement."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refused to call the compromise a defeat.

"I don't think there's any way you can stretch saying whatever we decided to do in this legislation is a defeat, for heaven's sake, look where we've come. We've come a long, long way," Reid, D-Nev., told reporters on Capitol Hill.

Reid vowed to continue pushing to change the direction of the war in Iraq through the upcoming defense appropriations bill, expecting to vote on the 2008 fiscal year funding measure Thursday night or Friday.

For complete article

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274559,00.html

I read a few of these articles and yes, I am very dissapointed in the democrats. This is basically giving Bush what they said they would not give him. Tomorrow is the vote for the war funding, and friday is the vote for the extra 8 billion democrats added to the measure to annoy bush. Great job democrats, you managed to give Bush every dollar he asked for while at the same time, adding 8 billion of your own....which by the way Bush can waive if he wants to. Nice one democrats, you accomplished nothing with this bill, you didnt stop or slow the war, you didnt send a message, all you did was annoy Bush, and now you annoy me. Grow some fucking balls and stand up to Bush for once in your life. This is not a step foward, this is a victory for the republican party in general.

Congress shifted majorities in both houses. three months before the election, people were thinking that the D's might pick up seats in both chambers and get to near parity in the Senate but NOBODY was seriously suggesting that Pelosi would be the next speaker.

Nonetheless. Congress, which prior to the last election had a decidely republican tilt and your majorities were apparently secure, now has moved significantly into the BLUE, as it were.... and now, Democrats have majorities - albeit razor thin in the senate - in both chambers.

The POINT is: the terms DEMOCRATS and CONGRESS are not interchangeable. I linked you to several polls that routinely ask the respondents to differentiate their approval between the parties, and in those polls, democrats have a sizeable lead in public opinion over the republicans. And that approval rating not only beats the republicans, it beats the president. Is it as high as I would like it to be? Hell no... but we are a deeply divided country.

There is convincing evidence, however, that the republican party has lost its strangle hold on the middle of the bell curve. It is that reality that caused that gang of congressional republicans to go visit the president a few weeks back and tell him of their concerns. The war in Iraq is already sounding the death knell for the Reagan/Gingrich revolution. You guys will always have the religious right.... they have no place to go. They are certainly not going to vote for a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control anti-war democrat.... but a lot of the middle of the bell curve WILL if that democrat promises to get us out of Iraq and still keep us safe.

The democrats, on the other hand, do not need to rally the far left of their base at all...they are already pumped up bigtime to vote for whatever democrat is nominated. The democrats need to capture the middle of the bell curve and opposition to this war in Iraq is the overriding issue for those folks. Republicans, because of their undying support for their pissant pampered child of privilege president, will guarantee a democrat in the white house in '09 and a strong democratic congress to support him or her. sucks to be you.

But hey....I've been saying since Tora Bora that we ought not to take our eyes off of Islamic extremists and get embroiled in Iraq. If you guys had only listened to me and folks like me, you wouldn't have that dog shit on your shoes.

I read a few of these articles and yes, I am very dissapointed in the democrats. This is basically giving Bush what they said they would not give him. Tomorrow is the vote for the war funding, and friday is the vote for the extra 8 billion democrats added to the measure to annoy bush. Great job democrats, you managed to give Bush every dollar he asked for while at the same time, adding 8 billion of your own....which by the way Bush can waive if he wants to. Nice one democrats, you accomplished nothing with this bill, you didnt stop or slow the war, you didnt send a message, all you did was annoy Bush, and now you annoy me. Grow some fucking balls and stand up to Bush for once in your life. This is not a step foward, this is a victory for the republican party in general.

No No, Maimeman will tell you your wrong, in fact he does in the very next post. Go Liberals rara...

What does that tell you about what people thought of Kerry? Oh wait, a secret cabal of Republicans "fixed" the machines so Bush could win..... Are these the same guys that gave Cheney the nintendo controller to fly those jets into the WTC?

Forum List

Back