Dems To Fund Troops - NO SURRENDER DATE

Yes yes, you demand proof and evidence and then HO HUM when provided, choosing instead to claim that personal opinion is more important. BUT wait, when given personal opinion you demand evidence other than personal opinion.... which is it?

Lets refresh your demands, shall we? Here you demand RSR tell you what HE thinks, yet when I or someone else tell you what we think you demand to know what evidence we have used, whether we have read specific books or agree with specific authors that you agree with.

Make up your mind? Or is this just part and parcel of your obfusication?

He is in a foul mood(like the reast of the anti war base) not that Dems are surrendering

The Dems put their political future in failure in Iraq - but it was the Dems who failed

Now that the "majority" as surrendered, maybe SOMETHING will get done in D.C. MM, it is time to shred all those talking point memos.

:eusa_dance:

your understanding of power politics could fit in a coffee cup and there would still be room for a cup of coffee.

You cannot escape the facts:

1. democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than republicans in congress.
2. democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than the president
3. a strong majority of Americans wanted the democratic funding plan with withdrawal deadlines. and they opposed the president's veto of it.
4. democrats understand that Bush coud care less about public opinion and will continue to veto funding bills with withdrawal dates, even though the public supports them and does not support his veto of them.
5. democrats don't have to worry about their base or the left side of their base if they back away from deadlines now.... they know the downside to not funding the troops...and they will fund them.... the anti-war crowd can bitch and moan, but they'll pony up when the time comes because they have not place to go.
6.democrats are free to run to the middle even in the primary season and not worry about courting the left wing.....

your understanding of power politics could fit in a coffee cup and there would still be room for a cup of coffee.

You cannot escape the facts:

1. democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than republicans in congress.
2. democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than the president
3. a strong majority of Americans wanted the democratic funding plan with withdrawal deadlines. and they opposed the president's veto of it.
4. democrats understand that Bush coud care less about public opinion and will continue to veto funding bills with withdrawal dates, even though the public supports them and does not support his veto of them.
5. democrats don't have to worry about their base or the left side of their base if they back away from deadlines now.... they know the downside to not funding the troops...and they will fund them.... the anti-war crowd can bitch and moan, but they'll pony up when the time comes because they have not place to go.
6.democrats are free to run to the middle even in the primary season and not worry about courting the left wing.....

Folks, remember the poster of the above was the same one who said Dems did NOT vote to raise taxes

There actually were libs running around that thought a pull out and defunding was imminent. Oh well - SUCKERS!!!!!!

Folks, remember the poster of the above was the same one who said Dems did NOT vote to raise taxes

we didn't vote to RAISE taxes. We voted to allow the sunset provision of the Bush tax cut that was put in place by the then republican majority to expire as they had planned for it to do. It was their sunset provision, not ours.

now how about not changing the subject and addressing that list of facts one by one.

can you do that?

we didn't vote to RAISE taxes. We voted to allow the sunset provision of the Bush tax cut that was put in place by the then republican majority to expire as they had planned for it to do. It was their sunset provision, not ours.

now how about not changing the subject and addressing that list of facts one by one.

can you do that?

OK - tell the retired couple who sees their taxes go up by 150% it is not a tax increase

No wonder the dems poll numbers are at 27% and dropping

There actually were libs running around that thought a pull out and defunding was imminent. Oh well - SUCKERS!!!!!!

I never thought such a thing would happen. I could do the math.... and I know that Bush's veto will hurt your party.... congressional republicans who voted to sustain that veto will have to explain to 57% of their constituents why they did not represent them.... it will suck to be them, that's for sure...especially if the American body count continues to rise like it has.

Do you know that our death rate over the last eight months is nearly 60% higher than for the preceding eight months? Americans know that. They know that the death toll keeps rising faster and faster...

and the Iraqi parliament is taking the summer off!

OK - tell the retired couple who sees their taxes go up by 150% it is not a tax increase

No wonder the dems poll numbers are at 27% and dropping

again...this is a tread about terrorism.... quit changing the subject when you feel the flames licking your ass.

I never thought such a thing would happen. I could do the math.... and I know that Bush's veto will hurt your party.... congressional republicans who voted to sustain that veto will have to explain to 57% of their constituents why they did not represent them.... it will suck to be them, that's for sure...especially if the American body count continues to rise like it has.

Do you know that our death rate over the last eight months is nearly 60% higher than for the preceding eight months? Americans know that. They know that the death toll keeps rising faster and faster...

and the Iraqi parliament is taking the summer off!

Poor little libbies. They actully believed the Dems when they said they would surrendner to terrorists

I guess White Flag Harry and San Fran Nan have seen the recent poll numbers and the are :bowdown: to Pres Bush

Poor little libbies. They actully believed the Dems when they said they would surrendner to terrorists

I guess White Flag Harry and San Fran Nan have seen the recent poll numbers and the are :bowdown: to Pres Bush

nobody believed the democrats would surrender to terrorists...no democrat ever said that.

the far left of my party might be pissed off, but the power players in the middle and the grass roots organizers at the county level - like myself - don't really give a shit how much the far left whines. They will come in line and support our candidate come '08. no doubt.

nobody believed the democrats would surrender to terrorists...no democrat ever said that.

the far left of my party might be pissed off, but the power players in the middle and the grass roots organizers at the county level - like myself - don't really give a shit how much the far left whines. They will come in line and support our candidate come '08. no doubt.

Alot of people believed the Dems would surredner to terorists and that is what the left wanted

Now that the Dems stepped in it (as they do when they are in power) they are looking like fools

Alot of people believed the Dems would surredner to terorists and that is what the left wanted

Now that the Dems stepped in it (as they do when they are in power) they are looking like fools

nobody ever believed that democrats would SURRENDER to terrorists. WHy would anyone in AMerica want to surrender to our enemies? That surrender bullshit is really old and shopworn spin that nobody really listens to anymore RSR.

ANd as the Harris poll suggests, democrats in congress are a lot more popular than republicans in congress...and contrary to your lies, democratic approval ratings have been rising recently.

nobody ever believed that democrats would SURRENDER to terrorists. WHy would anyone in AMerica want to surrender to our enemies? That surrender bullshi* is really old and shopworn spin that nobody really listens to anymore RSR.

ANd as the Harris poll suggests, democrats in congress are a lot more popular than republicans in congress...and contrary to your lies, democratic approval ratings have been rising recently.

Since when are Congressional polls broken down by minority and majority parties? Oh yea, since Congressional control went to the Dems and the Congressional approval started falling even faster. Gallup though is not finding rising approval:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589

May 15, 2007
Congress Approval Down to 29%; Bush Approval Steady at 33%
Both ratings are slightly lower than 2007 averages

by Joseph Carroll

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll finds continued low levels of public support for both Congress and President George W. Bush. Twenty-nine percent of Americans approve of Congress, down slightly from last month's reading (33%) and this year's high point of 37%, while Bush's approval rating is holding steady at 33%. Both the ratings of Congress and the president are slightly lower than their respective 2007 averages. Approval ratings of Congress are higher among Democrats than Republicans, while Bush's ratings are much higher among Republicans.

Congressional Job Approval

According to the May 10-13, 2007, Gallup Poll, 29% of Americans approve and 64% disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. Congressional approval is down 4 percentage points since last month, and is 3 points lower than the 32% average measured during the first five months of the year. The high point for the congressional approval rating so far this year was the 37% approval measured in February. Although ratings are quite low, Americans have been more positive in their assessments of Congress this year than last year, when an average of just 25% approved of Congress.

Do you approve or disapprove of what the Democratic leaders in the U.S. House and Senate have done so far this year?" Half sample, MoE ± 4.5

Approve Disapprove Unsure
% % %
5/4-6/07
49 44 7
3/9-11/07
47 40 13

That means they have a 47% approval rating when you ask JUST about the Dems.

Since when are Congressional polls broken down by minority and majority parties? Oh yea, since Congressional control went to the Dems and the Congressional approval started falling even faster. Gallup though is not finding rising approval:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589

Oh yea..... you might think about removing your foot from your mouth before trying to type a response....

Harris has records of democrat versus republican congressional ratings going back a DECADE.... Pew Research since '01....Washington Post for nearly a decade.... Gallup for a decade....CNN/Time since '98.

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

and....as I previously posted:

Latest headline from Rasmussen:

Friday, May 18, 2007

Twenty-six percent (26%) of American voters believe that Congress is doing a good or an excellent job. That’s a six point improvement over the past month and reflects that most positive rating for the legislative body in 2007. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 30% give Congress a “fair” rating while 43% say poor. A separate survey found that Democrats have an 11-point advantage on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The last rating for the outgoing Republican Congress found that just 11% gave the GOP-controlled chamber a good or excellent rating. The first survey after the Democrats took control found 16% giving Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid’s team good or excellent marks

Lets start with the claim that people like dems more in Congress. The approval rating of congress is abysmally low yet you insist that a much larger percentage of people like the Dems.... lets think about that for a moment..... Somehow this "approval" of the dems, whom are in charge of Congress can not be seen when your polls ask about how people feel about Congress.

I suggest you EXPLAIN this.

I mean it would be like us claiming that people may not like the White House, but hey they like the President.

Lets then go on to your polls, the people like ( according to the polls) the President more than Congress, but you insist that these same people want Congress to determine the fate of the Iraq war....

There is a major disconnect between your poll and the other polls. I wonder why?

Forum List

Back