Dem's tactic- Destroy Romney- Politico

Good luck getting that done, as Mitt is an awesome business man of great character and distinction. He is also mormon and I have known mormons and worked for them, you won't find a higher degree of integrity and honesty among any religious group of people, they are brought up that way.It's pounded into them from a very early age.

poor baby...

To all of you conservatives, the left always shows you who they fear the most, and right now Romney is it, he has an awesome business resume, appeals to independents who are fiscally conservative but no so socially. Independents make up 40% of our vote- we need them in order to win. It is a sad day when the President has such a failed record that he can't run on it, so now it will be personal attacks against Romney who they know will beat their candidate.

Obama plan: Destroy Romney - Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job, and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for reelection in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

Good luck getting that done, as Mitt is an awesome business man of great character and distinction. He is also mormon and I have known mormons and worked for them, you won't find a higher degree of integrity and honesty among any religious group of people, they are brought up that way.It's pounded into them from a very early age.

I really don't know what the hell the GOP is going to do. There is a group of extremists out there who is turning the GOP into what the Dems used to : a group so busy fighting amongst themselves, they forget about their opponents.
If they go with Romney, they'll lose a lot of Tea Partiers and Libertarians that they need. If they go with someone like Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie or even Ron Paul, they lose everyone else.
What a pickle.

Mitt will win the Independent vote, a group of fiscal conservatives but not so socially conservative, everyone knows that, including the far right- we also know that when it comes to being in the ballot box and pulling the lever for either Obama or Mitt, they will support Mitt. We absolutely have to have the independents or we lose, the smart conservatives and tea party people know this and they will act on it. We are not going to put up someone who can win the primary but lose the general, that's why Mitt is so far out ahead of all the other candidates- the smart money goes to Mitt.

Well Stephanie I think you're correct. If given a choice between Obama and Romney, I'd probably go with Romney. But put Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie on the ticket and you've guaranteed Obama's 2nd term.

Unfortunately, there are Tea Partiers on this thread and others who have said they just wouldn't vote for a RINO (love that term). So you lose a LOT of voters on the fringe.

Once word gets out that liberals, like myself, think that Romney's O.K., he won't have a chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination!

LIBERAL=EVIL!

I really don't know what the hell the GOP is going to do. There is a group of extremists out there who is turning the GOP into what the Dems used to : a group so busy fighting amongst themselves, they forget about their opponents.
If they go with Romney, they'll lose a lot of Tea Partiers and Libertarians that they need. If they go with someone like Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie or even Ron Paul, they lose everyone else.
What a pickle.

Mitt will win the Independent vote, a group of fiscal conservatives but not so socially conservative, everyone knows that, including the far right- we also know that when it comes to being in the ballot box and pulling the lever for either Obama or Mitt, they will support Mitt. We absolutely have to have the independents or we lose, the smart conservatives and tea party people know this and they will act on it. We are not going to put up someone who can win the primary but lose the general, that's why Mitt is so far out ahead of all the other candidates- the smart money goes to Mitt.

Well Stephanie I think you're correct. If given a choice between Obama and Romney, I'd probably go with Romney. But put Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie on the ticket and you've guaranteed Obama's 2nd term.

Unfortunately, there are Tea Partiers on this thread and others who have said they just wouldn't vote for a RINO (love that term). So you lose a LOT of voters on the fringe.

Again, when it comes to pulling the lever for Obama or Mitt, they will for Mitt, as we as a country can not afford another 4 years of an Obama adminstration. The Independents have control of the outcome, they control 40% of the vote, they are the majority and Mitt appeals to the fiscal conservatives in that group. To deny we need them is pure stupidity and it's stupid to stick to social issues such as gay marriage and kill our chances of winning this election. Mitt knows that and doesn't even want to talk about it, as he knows it's a killer and it's not what's important to the vast majority of Americans, including Democrats, it's about jobs, the economy and the national debt and he is focused like a laser on those three issues. Rick Perry and the rest of the candidates still fall into that trap every time they open their mouths and it kills their chances of ever winning the election.

Once word gets out that liberals, like myself, think that Romney's O.K., he won't have a chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination!

LIBERAL=EVIL!

You can vote for him too, he won't go along with your agenda but it will be better for you in the long run as you might just get a job after he is done straightening out the mess Obama has made.

Even Liberals get tired of being unemployed.:lol:

Im so touched the way liberals want to help the other side pick their candidate

Pander to the middle at you own peril people.

Anyone in the middle is an idiot without a point of view and even they admit that.

I drather see a conservative candidate loose than Romney win, simple as that.

Let the chips fall where they may, butt support a "moderate"?

How the fuck does anyone live a life of moderation, thats not a life worth living!

Book of duh, why dont you liberals just moderate yourselves for some change.

Last edited:

LIBERAL=EVIL!

I wouldn't say liberals are evil. I would say that they are misguided, but not evil.

But Conservatives should be suspicious.

After all, you guys went up and down for the entire Bush Administration and told us that you guys thought that John McCain was just peachy, a paragon of virtue, someone who was truly great compared to George W. Bush and you guys might actually be caught having a drink with him. So why don't you nominate a guy like John McCain instead of one of these "wingnuts".

So the GOP did the "Oky-Doke" and nominated John McCain. And he got less votes than Bush did. Because none of you guys voted for him. Despite his decades of experience, you guys voted for a Community Organizer who has pretty much messed up the whole country.

(Please don't pepper me with how McCain broke faith with moderates by nominating Palin or some such.)

And now you guys are coming along again and say, "You now, you guys should nominate Mitt Romney. We wish you'd nominate John Huntsman, but he isn't gaining any traction, but we think Mitt Romney (R-Kolob) is just peachy."

Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us.

Fact is, squishy moderates - McCain, Dole, Ford- are usually surefire losers. Republicans win when they nominate real conservatives who are sure about what they are about.

What a pickle.

"If given a choice between Obama and Romney, I'd probably go with Romney." LOL

Then you wonder why I won't bother responding to the nonsense you call your questions.

The Democrats won't have to destroy Romney, the far right will do it for them.

Yup, he's almost everything that Republicans are against. The only thing that Republicans like about him are his poll numbers. They don't care that he's Obama with an R next to his name, they just want Obama gone.

It might be a good idea to read his resume or go down like the Dems did with Obama because they didn't. Conservatives should be a little smarter and do the reaearch, then decide.

They don't care about his record. They know his record well enough and they still support him. The only thing they care about is who can beat the other party. Hell, McCain or Lindsey Graham could be running and they would still support them, if their poll numbers showed they could win.

Party before country. Republicans and Democrats are destroying the country with this made up war between parties that are almost the exact same thing.

you guys went up and down for the entire Bush Administration and told us that you guys thought that John McCain was just peachy, a paragon of virtue, someone who was truly great compared to George W. Bush and you guys might actually be caught having a drink with him. So why don't you nominate a guy like John McCain instead of one of these "wingnuts".

So the GOP did the "Oky-Doke" and nominated John McCain. And he got less votes than Bush did. Because none of you guys voted for him. Despite his decades of experience, you guys voted for a Community Organizer who has pretty much messed up the whole country.

(Please don't pepper me with how McCain broke faith with moderates by nominating Palin or some such.)
i'm afraid we're going to have to, because that's exactly what happened. palin sunk the mccain campaign. but also, frankly, after the bush years i just don't think any republican was probably electable in 2008.

i'm afraid we're going to have to, because that's exactly what happened. palin sunk the mccain campaign. but also, frankly, after the bush years i just don't think any republican was probably electable in 2008.

You know what, though, the Bush Years are starting to look pretty good about now. I wish I had the Bush years back.

Also, it's kind of a lame excuse to blame Palin. Palin maybe gave Liberals and RINOs an excuse to not support the ticket after YEARS of telling us what swell guy John McCain was. Even then, Palin's record as governor was actually a pretty moderate one. She vetoed a law banning same sex partners from getting benefits, she supported Climate Change resolutions, etc.

Now, since the election, she's become the spokeswoman for the angry right, yup, absolutely. But really, what did you know in 2008 about her? Not that much, really.

"If given a choice between Obama and Romney, I'd probably go with Romney." LOL

Then you wonder why I won't bother responding to the nonsense you call your questions.

Wow. Yet another post that displays CrusaderFranks intellect and ability to address issues and topics....
Dude do you ever actually say anything that isn't a petty insult or just plain stupid? I mean, I don't care if you have different opinions. You don't have to be so afraid. Even if you're wrong about something so what? I've had great conversations with Joe Sixpack and Dan40 etc... from the Tea Party and they have taught me some things and helped open my mind about what it's about. I told Dan he was right and I was wrong about something and guess what? He complimented me (I guess not a lot of folks have the character to admit they're wrong and / or apologize here). So why be such a childish little coward?
I mean, if you didn't come into every single thread immediately proving what an asshole you are, maybe someone, somewhere might actually take you seriously. Just a thought.
Of course, if you really don't know anything and have nothing to say, then I guess you should just stick with what you do. Apparently you get some sort of weird satisfaction from it.

LIBERAL=EVIL!

I wouldn't say liberals are evil. I would say that they are misguided, but not evil.

But Conservatives should be suspicious.

After all, you guys went up and down for the entire Bush Administration and told us that you guys thought that John McCain was just peachy, a paragon of virtue, someone who was truly great compared to George W. Bush and you guys might actually be caught having a drink with him. So why don't you nominate a guy like John McCain instead of one of these "wingnuts".

And now you guys are coming along again and say, "You now, you guys should nominate Mitt Romney. We wish you'd nominate John Huntsman, but he isn't gaining any traction, but we think Mitt Romney (R-Kolob) is just peachy."

Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us.

Fact is, squishy moderates - McCain, Dole, Ford- are usually surefire losers. Republicans win when they nominate real conservatives who are sure about what they are about.

I'll answer you. I think virtually ALL Dems pulled together because of Bush and the fact that McCain voted with Bush over 90% of the time, they viewed him as a Bush clone. The Indies began sweeping in the "Away from McCain" direction.
Obama was being touted as this "extreme-liberal" by the media (especially FOX) and that backfired on the GOP because Bush's whole campaign was based on how people should vote for him because he was a Conservative. Less taxes, Less Spending & Less Government. Oops.
Then of course, he brought on Palin. When I saw her that first night at the convention, I turned to my wife and said "A star is born". Unfortunately, she kept opening her mouth. Oops.
McCain did worse and worse in the debates and by Nov. it was a huge win for the Dems.

Then Obama came along and proved he was just another suit. Shit. I voted for the guy.

So fine. I would love an alternative. Am I going to vote for a woman who said a 7 year old was one of the Founding Fathers? A woman who said the Obama Administration only approved one oil lease all year, while proof that 278 had been approved was actually being shown on split screen? Nope.
Would I vote for Eskimo Barbie? :lol:
Ron Paul? He actually had my attention and I still like the guy but whether I would vote for him wouldn't matter. 99.9% of voters don't do research so he's unelectable. The press would slaughter him and it would be an even more devastating defeat than '08.

Who do I say you guys should nominate? Not my call.

Forum List

Back