Dems stalking GOP candidates: crossing the line

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I really hate using the term Dems because this is a new breed of slug that I frankly don't recognize as true Democrats any more.

No sense of decency whatsoever. I hope no one gets hurt. Or maybe that's the desire. Posting a video of a candidates home on line and that video is shot from ever angle has nothing to do with a campaign.

Here's just part of the article. The rest is at the link.

While most serious campaigns on both sides use campaign trackers — staffers whose job is to record on video every public appearance and statement by an opponent — House Democrats are taking it to another level.

They’re now recording video of the homes of GOP congressmen and candidates and posting the raw footage on the Internet for all to see.

Wisconsin GOP Rep. Reid Ribble, who said he’s also been followed by a cameraman when shopping for groceries, said the home videos cross a line.

“I feel it’s totally inappropriate,” said Ribble, a freshman facing a competitive race for reelection. “It was disturbing to me that they would put that online. I don’t understand any political benefit that can be achieved with that.”

In Ribble’s case, a clip of his northeastern Wisconsin home appeared online June 18. The soundless video — which lasts 38 seconds — is taken from a car sitting just outside the house. The shot pans across the large home, showing it from several different

DeaNa Ribble, the congressman’s wife, said it is deeply unsettling.

“I’m more creeped out about this than Reid is, just because I’m home more,” she said. “If they so much as put a foot on private property, I will be the first person to call the police.”

Republicans whose homes have been videotaped say they understand that politics is a contact sport and that every public utterance they make is fair game.

But, they argue, filming a home — and posting actual addresses — ought to be off-limits, if only out of respect for their families and neighbors.

“I think your family or your personal life should be off-limits unless it enters the campaign,” said Ohio Rep. Jim Renacci, who said a neighbor informed him that a tracker had been crouching in the bushes taking footage of the first-term congressman’s home.

“It’s hard for my neighbors or my family to get comfortable when someone is in the bushes.”

Read more: GOP unnerved by Democrats' candid camera techniques - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

This isn't really a new low for the Progressive party...If TRUE DEMOCRATS cared they would speak up about these slimy tactics...not sure there are any left

SNIP:
Occupiers, Convicted Terrorist to Protest at Private Residence of David Koch

by Liberty Chick7 Jul 2012300post a comment

As fundraising efforts for the 2012 presidential election kick into high gear, activists are ramping up actions to disrupt those efforts and are targeting donors directly. The latest front involves a protest scheduled for tomorrow at the private residence of David Koch, co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries, a well-known donor to libertarian and right-leaning causes and candidates.

CBS News reported last night:

MoveOn.org, a liberal non-profit advocacy group, is protesting a July 8 fundraiser for Mitt Romney being held at the house of billionaire Republican donor David Koch, it announced on Friday.

In addition to organizing what it's calling a "Koch Party" outside Koch's Southampton, N.Y., estate during the Sunday fundraiser, MoveOn will be flying an airline banner in the area reading "Romney has a Koch problem" and driving what it calls a "Romneymobile Cadillac, with corporate decals on the side and Seamus the dog on top," outside the dinner, according to a press release from MoveOn.

The group is touting the participation of a number of liberal activist groups, including Occupy Wall Street, The Long Island Progressive Coalition, Greenpeace, Strong For All, and United New York, and says activists will stake out Koch's property with signs, "peacefully demonstrating against the unprecedented flood of money the Koch brothers and their wealthy friends are using to try to buy the election for the 1%."

The Huffington Post also touted the event at its website yesterday, while pushing the meme that Mitt Romney is a “vulture capitalist.”

all of it here
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/07/Occupiers-convicted-Terrorist-protest-David-Koch

It's Progressives (aka: Neo-Marxists, neo-Facsists). Stalin, Mao and Hitler would be proud of their American cousins

It's amazing that lefties continually whine about Fox when they have all the other networks playing pocket pool with the administration. The left thinks it's fair and balanced when Media Matters and American Bridge are tax exempt while their stated mission is to monitor ONLY conservative speech. The left sees nothing wrong with a left wing pervert renting a house next store to the former V.P. candidate so that he can spy on her and her family and report to the DNC. Soros laughs all the way to the bank while his little army of sleazy investigators works off the books to spy on republicans.

Ahh I recall a line said to me by right wingers when I opposed the partiot act back before it became law.

"If you have nothing to hide"...

Taken from the op original post

Wisconsin GOP Rep. Reid Ribble, who said he’s also been followed by a cameraman when shopping for groceries, said the home videos cross a line.

I don't know about anyone else, but a congressman that does his own shopping tends to endear me to them.

I guess we have to call this a FAIL for the democratic propogandist, huh?

Ahh I recall a line said to me by right wingers when I opposed the partiot act back before it became law.

"If you have nothing to hide"...

See we were talking about terrorists and the people who love them, Democrats call Republicans "the enemy"

See the difference?

How does he know the cameraman was a dem? Maybe it was a republican...maybe a tea party terrorist wanting to make sure he bought american items only....who knows these days

breitbart is NOT an acceptable source of news

no, only the hufferpost for you people

CBS News reported last night:

MoveOn.org, a liberal non-profit advocacy group, is protesting a July 8 fundraiser for Mitt Romney being held at the house of billionaire Republican donor David Koch, it announced on Friday.

In addition to organizing what it's calling a "Koch Party" outside Koch's Southampton, N.Y., estate during the Sunday fundraiser, MoveOn will be flying an airline banner in the area reading "Romney has a Koch problem" and driving what it calls a "Romneymobile Cadillac, with corporate decals on the side and Seamus the dog on top," outside the dinner, according to a press release from MoveOn.

The group is touting the participation of a number of liberal activist groups, including Occupy Wall Street, The Long Island Progressive Coalition, Greenpeace, Strong For All, and United New York, and says activists will stake out Koch's property with signs, "peacefully demonstrating against the unprecedented flood of money the Koch brothers and their wealthy friends are using to try to buy the election for the 1%."

The Huffington Post also touted the event at its website yesterday, while pushing the meme that Mitt Romney is a “vulture capitalist.”

Last edited:
Taken from the op original post

I don't know about anyone else, but a congressman that does his own shopping tends to endear me to them.

I guess we have to call this a FAIL for the democratic propogandist, huh?

Until they beat him and rape his wife. Which is where this leads in short order.

Remember when Palin posted crosshairs on a map? That was slammed by the left. This apparently acceptable behavior though?

I hope the rep has a big mean fucking dog and that the cameraman gets an exclusive interview with it.

Remember when Palin posted crosshairs on a map? That was slammed by the left. This apparently acceptable behavior though?

I hope the rep has a big mean fucking dog and that the cameraman gets an exclusive interview with it.

Steak solves that....

Forum List

Back