Dems set to start new attack on National Guard Records...

Yes, but for those of you who bothered to actually read the article, Air National Guardsman are NOT CONSIDERED active duty Air Force. My uncle is retired Air Force, but still serves in the Air National guard, he would never claim to still be in the Air Force.

That being said....I personally would make this attack. Of course we know this story is true since it comes from Matt Drudge.

acludem

acludem said:
Yes, but for those of you who bothered to actually read the article, Air National Guardsman are NOT CONSIDERED active duty Air Force. My uncle is retired Air Force, but still serves in the Air National guard, he would never claim to still be in the Air Force.

That being said....I personally would make this attack. Of course we know this story is true since it comes from Matt Drudge.

acludem

Attack away---it's destroying Kerry. ( right after you split some hairs on the AW ban lifting of course.)

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

Are you actually telling me that when Bush was running for office in the 70's, he had a flyer that said he was in the Air Force WHEN HE WAS REALLY IN THE NATIONAL GUARD???

Thats it I'm voting Kerry.

acludem said:

acludem

I am aware that Air National Guard is not considered active Air Force. I think the point most are making is that it isn't that big of a deal. I was in the Air Force and it never bothered me if someone in the Guard or Reserve identified themselves as Air Force. We're all on the same side doing essentially the same kind of work.

My point was that if the Dems are digging up campaign literature from a 1978 Congressional campaign, that must mean they are turning over every rock looking for something to use. If this is the best they can come up with, that's what I call desperation. At least they've worked their way up to the late '70's with their rhetoric. That is an improvement of sorts.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I am aware that Air National Guard is not considered active Air Force. I think the point most are making is that it isn't that big of a deal. I was in the Air Force and it never bothered me if someone in the Guard or Reserve identified themselves as Air Force. We're all on the same side doing essentially the same kind of work.

My point was that if the Dems are digging up campaign literature from a 1978 Congressional campaign, that must mean they are turning over every rock looking for something to use. If this is the best they can come up with, that's what I call desperation. At least they've worked their way up to the late '70's with their rhetoric. That is an improvement of sorts.

I'd have serious issue with any sailor or navy reserve saying they were a marine, simply because the marine corps is a department of the navy. I worked long and hard to earn that title whether we were on the same side or not.

The point is that if the Dems expect people to get in a huge outrage over Bush saying he was in the air force when he really flew jets in the Guard, from a 1978 flyer , they are really getting desperate.

The sad reality is that the dems are stuck in the past and are basing their accusations (and accomplishments in Flipper's case) on events that happened or didn't happen 30+ years ago. Most people could probably give a rats ass...........

DKSuddeth said:
I'd have serious issue with any sailor or navy reserve saying they were a marine, simply because the marine corps is a department of the navy. I worked long and hard to earn that title whether we were on the same side or not.

The Marines are under the Department of the Navy, but they are two different branches going through two different kinds of training. Air Force, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve go through the same training, same basic, same everything.

acludem said:

That's not the point. ANG = Component of the US Air Force. It's party to a Marine claiming to be a member of the United States Navy. True in the big sense..

Jimmyeatworld said:
The Marines are under the Department of the Navy, but they are two different branches going through two different kinds of training. Air Force, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve go through the same training, same basic, same everything.

looks like i got caught not reading all the replies :)

nice. :)

acludem said:

acludem

Horse hockey. Check out what branch name is embroidered or imprinted on the uniforms of active duty Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserves. The all say "U.S. AIR FORCE".

Try telling the thousands of reservists and Guard soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan that they're not really "in" the Army, Navy, or Air Force. Likely you'll end up with a fat lip.

The fact is that the Guard and Reserves have always been the reserve component of their active duty counterpart. But today, that is no longer true. Today they are almost as much a part of the force as the active duty component. So your uncle is a member of the Air Force, he simply needs to update his outlook.

And you Democrats need to quit seizing on teeny little "issues" to quibble and whine about. It just makes you appear to be petulant, pouty little brats who are having a tantrum because their party is getting rained upon.

nakedemperor said:
The polls show Bush leading by single-digits. Why do so many people on this board think Bush is going to win in a landslide? I think the ramifications of the 2004 Presidential election are huge, for both sides and their respective ideologies. I'm not saying you're being cocky, I'm just saying that taking into account the stakes, it may be a better idea to hedge your bets, be active in your community (getting people to register, getting your candidates' views out there, etc etc etc) and make sure your guy, whoever that may be, is a sure thing.

Here's why I think so:
Gore Unleashes Fury on Democrats' Behalf:
asia.search.news.yahoo.com/search/news_asia_pf?p=ukey:2805994&img=http:/...

Now, he is Al Gore citizen_unleashed.

Gop strategist Keith Appell likens him to "some kind of cheerleader on acid" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Bonnie said:
Here's why I think so:
Gore Unleashes Fury on Democrats' Behalf:
asia.search.news.yahoo.com/search/news_asia_pf?p=ukey:2805994&img=http:/...

Now, he is Al Gore citizen_unleashed.

Gop strategist Keith Appell likens him to "some kind of cheerleader on acid" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I see that the Dems are already concentrating their efforts in a direction where they perceive that some semblance of hope still exists - legislative candidates.

Also, why should the Democrats wish that Gore had displayed this "devil may care" attitude in 2000? Didn't he win(according to them)? Why could they possibly be wishing that he had been "different"? A more audacious attempted thief, perhaps? A better example of putting one's personal agenda before the good of the country? I'm confused.

musicman said:
I see that the Dems are already concentrating their efforts in a direction where they perceive that some semblance of hope still exists - legislative candidates.

Also, why should the Democrats wish that Gore had displayed this "devil may care" attitude in 2000? Didn't he win(according to them)? Why could they possibly be wishing that he had been "different"? A more audacious attempted thief, perhaps? A better example of putting one's personal agenda before the good of the country? I'm confused.

Are you thinking southern legislative candidates? sounds about right!

They crack me up. Despite all the noise they continue to make, it's obvious they consider the presidential election a wash.

acludem said:

acludem

If he is retired from active duty Air Force, there is no way in hell he can be in the Air National Guard. He may work for the Guard, but he is not a member of the Guard Someone is BSing someone here,

nakedemperor said:
The polls show Bush leading by single-digits. Why do so many people on this board think Bush is going to win in a landslide? I think the ramifications of the 2004 Presidential election are huge, for both sides and their respective ideologies. I'm not saying you're being cocky, I'm just saying that taking into account the stakes, it may be a better idea to hedge your bets, be active in your community (getting people to register, getting your candidates' views out there, etc etc etc) and make sure your guy, whoever that may be, is a sure thing.

All of the latest reputable pols show Bush ahead nationally by double digits and comfortably ahead in most swing states. Hell even in heavily Demo Illinois its a dead heat now. Kerry has imploded in the last month and its all over but the counting. Be honest with yourself.

Forum List

Back