Dems: Send Rush to Costa Rica

Papi

Rookie
Mar 22, 2010
Democrats have found a new way to celebrate passing health reform: push Rush Limbaugh to follow through on his promise to head to Costa Rica for medical treatment.

A new Web site--ATicketForRush.com, built overnight and put online this morning--is collecting cash to buy Limbaugh a plane ticket to the Central American country.

"First, Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show that if the Healthcare Reform Bill passed, he would go to Costa Rica. Second, the Health care Reform Bill passed. As you can imagine, this has made a number of people very excited. We are among that number," site creators Mike Rugnetta and Patrick Davison write. "We want to make sure that Rush is able to make good on his promise, and so we've made this website."

On his show earlier this month, Limbaugh threatened to leave the country. "I’ll just tell you this, if this passes and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented — I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica," he said.

The web site is soliciting donations $1 at a time, and has promised to use the money for a first class ticket from Limbaugh's home airport of West Palm Beach, Fla., to San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica.

If Limbaugh decides not to emigrate south, Davison and Rugnetta say they'll give the money to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.

"We thought to ourselves, well, what charity would make Rush Limbaugh the maddest if he found out that money under his name was going toward it?" Davison, a freelance digital artist, told POLITICO. "Gay rights would probably be the one that would fly in his face the most, but we thought that didn't really go with health care

Source: Politco

Forum List

Back