Dems See Wal Mart Bashing As A Winner

Please provide a link to my ass getting kicked on nationalism.

Yes. All the cool people embrace slave labor.

You know she can't and wouldn't if she could. Cool people understand that slavery is merely a natural by product of a well run capitalistic society and we should all be thrilled that people starve to make our tennis shoes. It means we're winning.:rolleyes:

Daley vetoed the 'Big Box Living Wage' and the city council could not muster an override:

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.php?/archives/4178-He-Played-Us-Like-Fish.html

Friday, September 15. 2006
"He Played Us Like Fish"
"Mayor Richard Daley is a brilliant politician."

That's what Chicago Tribune columnist -- and long-time Daley critic -- John Kass quite accurately observes.

The national Democratic Party, whose bench is so abysmally weak, should pay attention and learn from Mayor Daley, who is hands down one of the best politicians in the country -- the real 'pro from Dover.'

Kass writes: (emphasis added)

Who else but Daley, facing his toughest re-election fight from a credible black challenger, could play both the race card and the free-market card and get away with it?

... every time I think he's about to trip, he peels his opponents like grapes, with his teeth.... his veto of the big-box living wage ordinance, pushed by the political left and the unions, unfairly targeting Wal-Mart and other large retail operations, was brilliant politics.

"He played us like a fish," said another pro-labor white alderman who refused to flip on the veto vote. "First it was foie gras. Then this. He had it all planned. We look ridiculous."

The aldermen cared about geese and banned foie gras. But their attempts to jack up the minimum wage threatened jobs in minority communities. Ald. Foie Gras himself, Joe Moore (49th), was the same fellow who pushed the big-box ordinance that was vetoed.

Aldermen allowed themselves to be cast as worried more about the feelings of silly geese than about the feelings of poor blacks and Latinos who need jobs and a decent place to shop. Daley hungrily capitalized on their mistake.

"After foie gras, this became the laughingstock of the nation," the mayor told reporters. "That is ridiculous. It is the funniest law they ever passed. Then of course they pass the [aldermanic] pay raise and then they did this ... and made us the laughingstock of the country."

He could have vetoed the foie gras and other ridiculousness. But he didn't.

He used them for bait.​

Posted by Tom Elia in Politics at 00:04

You know she can't and wouldn't if she could. Cool people understand that slavery is merely a natural by product of a well run capitalistic society and we should all be thrilled that people starve to make our tennis shoes. It means we're winning.:rolleyes:

That is what libs said in 2000, 2003, and 2004

Libs think if they keep saying they are winning, somehow it will happen

Emabargos are effective.

Effective? At what? Creating misery for the common man? Giving dictators a scapegoat for their own homemade misery? Setting the stage for unrest and the blowback that follows (Smoot-Hawley tariffs-->WWII, Iraq embargo-->9/11)?

It certainly isn't effective at convincing foreign regimes to adopt reforms.

Effective? At what? Creating misery for the common man? Giving dictators a scapegoat for their own homemade misery? Setting the stage for unrest and the blowback that follows (Smoot-Hawley tariffs-->WWII, Iraq embargo-->9/11)?

You apparently didn't get the memo. Iraq has to relationship to 9/11, or the War on Terror, in any way, shape, or form.

Watch that from now on, will ya?

It worked with S. Africa.

We're just enabling abusers with all the trade we give them.

A couple of questions for Mr. Edwards:

* How much are mom and pop retail stores paying their employees? Less than WalMart, generally. Do they have health insurance? No.

* Why is health care so expensive to begin with? It wasn't always that way. For that matter, why do employers generally provide health care? Why not pay someone say, $20/hr. with no benefits rather than $15/hr. + benefits? Why don't employers provide other insurance--car insurance or homeowners insurance? The answer of course is government. A Byzantine set of rules and regulation for health care, plus a tax code and subsdies that distort the free market.

Not to mention relentless monetary inflation during the Greenspan years. We've had inflation on par with what we experienced in the 70's for a good while now. Only we don't recognize it as such, because it effects some sectors more than others. The largest reason why is because stores like Wal-Mart held down the cost of goods or even deflated them. In fact, this was such a big factor that there were actually deflation fears during the late 90's--the printing presses were chugging right along, but Wal-Mart and others helped stem the tide and kept consumables affordable. Meanwhile, stuff that can't be imported easily went up in price--health care and education for example.

How refreshing, a man that can see through all the BS.

I agree 100%.

What price has been paid for this"deflation"?

You 'something' my opinion. You seem to have left out a word there.

But I'm not slamming people that work at wal mart as lazy or anything else of that nature. Only that the majority of the ones I see look like disabled, retired, fat, or just someone that is one sandwhich short of a picnic. Not the cream of the crop if you know what I mean. And that ain't no lie. Every wal mart I've been in has been that way. They also got burned hiring illegal's. That should also tell you something about the type of people they hire. They want to hire people that are easily MANIPULATED. People that NEED that job so bad that they're not likely to MAKE WAVES. They can be CONTROLLED. They can FUCK'EM and get away with it.

You tell me I'm wrong.

You must have missed the special on "The girls of Wal-Mart", check it out, you just might change your opinion.:bj2:

You must have missed the special on "The girls of Wal-Mart", check it out, you just might change your opinion.:bj2:

There are many women who work at my local Wal Mart who would have been fine additions to the photo show.

Forum List

Back