Dems say GOP exempting $1 trillion from deficit

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Dems say GOP exempting $1 trillion from deficit - Yahoo! News

"The effort to repeal President Barack Obama's health care bill is the first major measure expected to come before the House. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the year-old legislation will reduce deficits by $143 billion over the next decade, suggesting its repeal would raise red ink by the same amount.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., disputed the CBO estimate this week, but Republicans have yet to produce one of their own."

Gotta like how Cantor puts his bullshit spin on answers

"Cantor asserted in a nationally broadcast interview Thursday that the health care overhaul has spurred a host of new federal regulations that have had the effect of impeding private-sector hiring.

He told ABC's "Good Morning America" the GOP is serious about attempts to repeal Obama's health care law, saying Republicans understand the political realities of a repeal failing in the Senate but that they want to "send a signal" about "job-killing regulations
." "Republicans do care about people having health care," he said, "and we just know there's a better way."

More facking fear mongering and empty answers for alternative solutions, why can't that asshat Cantor just admit they want to repeal the health care law so that private companies can continue sticking it to the consumers like they've been doing for years so they can profit?

Dems say GOP exempting $1 trillion from deficit - Yahoo! News

"The effort to repeal President Barack Obama's health care bill is the first major measure expected to come before the House. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the year-old legislation will reduce deficits by $143 billion over the next decade, suggesting its repeal would raise red ink by the same amount.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., disputed the CBO estimate this week, but Republicans have yet to produce one of their own."

Gotta like how Cantor puts his bullshit spin on answers

"Cantor asserted in a nationally broadcast interview Thursday that the health care overhaul has spurred a host of new federal regulations that have had the effect of impeding private-sector hiring.

He told ABC's "Good Morning America" the GOP is serious about attempts to repeal Obama's health care law, saying Republicans understand the political realities of a repeal failing in the Senate but that they want to "send a signal" about "job-killing regulations
." "Republicans do care about people having health care," he said, "and we just know there's a better way."

More facking fear mongering and empty answers for alternative solutions, why can't that asshat Cantor just admit they want to repeal the health care law so that private companies can continue sticking it to the consumers like they've been doing for years so they can profit?

Eric Cantor is now John Boehner's attack dog and BITCH. He cannot be bothered with things like facts.

BS spin???? The administration has the market on that! LOL! We know we had the best medical care in the world and kings came here for serious medical care. Now we can ration care but not for outsiders, just for those who are elderly.

BS spin???? The administration has the market on that! LOL! We know we had the best medical care in the world and kings came here for serious medical care. Now we can ration care but not for outsiders, just for those who are elderly.

Yup. We have the best medical care that money can buy. Unfortunately, many Americans can't afford it. Luckily KINGS from other countries can, I guess. Nice way for you to look at things.

Hey guys I have a business proposition for you. PayPal me 14 dollars and I'll send you back 10. Howze that sound? :D

ObamaCare is "Deficit Neutral" only because the CBO numbers show 14 years of taxation with only 10 years of benefits. You're being taxed now, but your "benefits" don't start until 2014. Tony Soprano would love that deal don't cha' think?

ObamaCare’s Cost Could Top $6 Trillion | Cato @ Liberty
One gimmick makes the new entitlement spending appear smaller by not opening the spigot until late in the official 10-year budget window (2010–2019). Correcting for that gimmick in the Senate version, Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) estimates, “When all this new spending occurs” — i.e., from 2014 through 2023 — “this bill will cost $2.5 trillion over that ten-year period.”
Another gimmick pushes much of the legislation’s costs off the federal budget and onto the private sector by requiring individuals and employers to purchase health insurance. When the bills force somebody to pay $10,000 to the government, the Congressional Budget Office treats that as a tax. When the government then hands that $10,000 to private insurers, the CBO counts that as government spending. But when the bills achieve the exact same outcome by forcing somebody to pay $10,000 directly to a private insurance company, it appears nowhere in the official CBO cost estimates — neither as federal revenues nor federal spending. That’s a sharp departure from how the CBO treated similar mandates in the Clinton health plan. And it hides maybe 60 percent of the legislation’s total costs. When I correct for that gimmick, it brings total costs to roughly $2.5 trillion (i.e., $1 trillion/0.4).
When we correct for both gimmicks, counting both on- and off-budget costs over the first 10 years of implementation, the total cost of ObamaCare reaches — I’m so sorry about this — $6.25 trillion. That’s not a precise estimate. It’s just far closer to the truth than President Obama and congressional Democrats want the debate to be.

Yep,

Obamacare does nothing to address the cost of HC which was the problem with HC.

Wonder how less expensive Obamacare will be??

My HC costs have already gone up. How bout yours??

Considering that former CBO Director Douglas Holt-Eakin characterized the ObamaCare CBO score as full of gimmicks and budgetary games, the GOP are perfectly reasonable in disregarding it. Getting rid of ObamaCare will reduce the deficit.

ON Thursday, the Congressional Budget Office reported that, if enacted, the latest health care reform legislation would, over the next 10 years, cost about $950 billion, but because it would raise some revenues and lower some costs, it would also lower federal deficits by $138 billion. In other words, a bill that would set up two new entitlement spending programs — health insurance subsidies and long-term health care benefits — would actually improve the nation’s bottom line.

Could this really be true? How can the budget office give a green light to a bill that commits the federal government to spending nearly $1 trillion more over the next 10 years?

The answer, unfortunately, is that the budget office is required to take written legislation at face value and not second-guess the plausibility of what it is handed. So fantasy in, fantasy out.

In reality, if you strip out all the gimmicks and budgetary games and rework the calculus, a wholly different picture emerges: The health care reform legislation would raise, not lower, federal deficits, by $562 billion....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21holtz-eakin.html?_r=1

Considering that former CBO Director Douglas Holt-Eakin characterized the ObamaCare CBO score as full of gimmicks and budgetary games, the GOP are perfectly reasonable in disregarding it. Getting rid of ObamaCare will reduce the deficit.

ON Thursday, the Congressional Budget Office reported that, if enacted, the latest health care reform legislation would, over the next 10 years, cost about $950 billion, but because it would raise some revenues and lower some costs, it would also lower federal deficits by $138 billion. In other words, a bill that would set up two new entitlement spending programs — health insurance subsidies and long-term health care benefits — would actually improve the nation’s bottom line.

Could this really be true? How can the budget office give a green light to a bill that commits the federal government to spending nearly $1 trillion more over the next 10 years?

The answer, unfortunately, is that the budget office is required to take written legislation at face value and not second-guess the plausibility of what it is handed. So fantasy in, fantasy out.

In reality, if you strip out all the gimmicks and budgetary games and rework the calculus, a wholly different picture emerges: The health care reform legislation would raise, not lower, federal deficits, by $562 billion....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21holtz-eakin.html?_r=1

Also from your linked editorial:

Removing the unrealistic annual Medicare savings ($463 billion) and the stolen annual revenues from Social Security and long-term care insurance ($123 billion), and adding in the annual spending that so far is not accounted for ($114 billion) quickly generates additional deficits of $562 billion in the first 10 years. And the nation would be on the hook for two more entitlement programs rapidly expanding as far as the eye can see.

LOL...I'm thinking the lefty N Y Times likely fielded a call or two from the White House folks over their truth telling.

Yep,

Obamacare does nothing to address the cost of HC which was the problem with HC.

Wonder how less expensive Obamacare will be??

My HC costs have already gone up. How bout yours??

My healthcare costs rose the same amount for 2011 as it did in 2010, 2009, etc etc...

Forum List

Back