Dems right: Republicans should take notice

• Banned
dilloduck said:
I thought with all the hoopla everyone would be awake by now.

Most are asleep, because the reality is too hard to bear. I wish I could get some shuteye.

rtwngAvngr said:
Most are asleep, because the reality is too hard to bear. I wish I could get some shuteye.

Maybe they have no idea what to do if the wake up so they just hit the snooze button. You been burning both ends of the candle?

• Banned
dilloduck said:
Maybe they have no idea what to do if the wake up so they just hit the snooze button. You been burning both ends of the candle?

Nah. I sleep ok. It was just an expression. Jesus is my teddy bear.

What about the US's boycott of Cuba? We do the same thing....no cuban cigars, no cuban sugar, etc.....

Cuba is a major vacation spot for most of Europe.....

Are we to dictate another countries politics to this degree?

rtwngAvngr said:
Nah. I sleep ok. It was just an expression. Jesus is my teddy bear.

Our politicians just can't pull thier heads out of thier ass on this one. Add political posturing to that and you have a mess.

• Banned
Don't you all see? The tacit promise made in getting everyone to join the global monetary system was that it would not be used against them, but against america.

rtwngAvngr said:
Don't you all see? The tacit promise made in getting everyone to join the global monetary system was that it would not be used against them, but against america.

I've said several times here that we are being beaten at our own game. Capitalism.

A boycott is 100% legal and moral. You cannot tell any person or company that they must do business with someone. If they don't want to give them money or do business with them, they don't have to, its that simple. More power to them for using a Capitalist method of political persuasion rather than terrorist way.

dilloduck said:
I've said several times here that we are being beaten at our own game. Capitalism.

We should not allow the totalitarian leaders of other nations to be on a level playing field with actual corporations. They aren't corporations, they're despots.

rtwngAvngr said:
We should not allow the totalitarian leaders of other nations to be on a level playing field with actual corporations. They aren't corporations, they're despots.

Isolationism? Nationalization of private companies? Protectionsim?
What do you suggest? Personally I would hope we could fight capitalism with capitalism but it seems as if we can't compete.

dilloduck said:
Isolationism? Nationalization of private companies? Protectionsim?
What do you suggest? Personally I would hope we could fight capitalism with capitalism but it seems as if we can't compete.

We can't compete for many reasons. It's not because we don't work hard or aren't smart. It's because the system has irregularities. We subsidize the production of goods for the third world, because we are gouged on price. Consequently the cost of living is higher, consequently labor is more expensive, consequently our jobs are going over seas. The multinational corps are doing us this way, and our own citizens are invested in it.

We are headed toward global fascism, enfored by what used to be the governments of the nations. Everyone is all in. And when the people cry because of it all, we're called racists.

rtwngAvngr said:
We can't compete for many reasons. It's not because we don't work hard or aren't smart. It's because the system has irregularities. We subsidize the production of goods for the third world, because we are gouged on price. Consequently the cost of living is higher, consequently labor is more expensive, consequently our jobs are going over seas. The multinational corps are doing us this way, and our own citizens are invested in it.

We are headed toward global fascism, enfored by what used to be the governments of the nations. Everyone is all in. And when the people cry because of it all, we're called racists.

"Stick it to the Man" is the name of the game. America is the man. If American capitalists refuse to assist America as a country, we will be forced into a game of protectionism.

dilloduck said:
"Stick it to the Man" is the name of the game. America is the man. If American capitalists refuse to assist America as a country, we will be forced into a game of protectionism.

I would just like to cease trade with morally reprehensible nations. I would like to force china to float it's currency reasonably.

I saw this story last night. I'm not sure if they knew about this before the approval, but this certainly lessens my support of the deal. I'm not all about private companies telling us which countries we can trade with.

gop_jeff said:
I saw this story last night. I'm not sure if they knew about this before the approval, but this certainly lessens my support of the deal. I'm not all about private companies telling us which countries we can trade with.

Who would be telling us who we can and cannot trade with?

dilloduck said:
Who would be telling us who we can and cannot trade with?
He's just saying if DPW tries to implement their boycott of israel in their port operations.

rtwngAvngr said:
He's just saying if DPW tries to implement their boycott of israel in their port operations.

Correct. If DPW says that they will not allow Israeli ships in their ports, that could be a dealbreaker for me. Hopefully, it would be for Bush, Congress, etc. as well.

rtwngAvngr said:

gotcha--I addressed it in another thread. I misunderstood thinking the US was being told who not to trade with.

Forum List

Back