Dems Rejecting Obama

The Democrats in Congress rejected extending TARP to the automakers. It was Bush who did so by executive order.

Glad to see you coming on line and ackowledging TARPS role in saving the economy. Both Bush and Obama will be able to take credit for averting disaster

Next you'll be seeing pink elephants in my posts.
pink-elephants.jpg

The Democrats in Congress rejected extending TARP to the automakers. It was Bush who did so by executive order.

Glad to see you coming on line and ackowledging TARPS role in saving the economy. Both Bush and Obama will be able to take credit for averting disaster

Next you'll be seeing pink elephants in my posts.
pink-elephants.jpg

Can't have it both ways pal..

So you evidently support the Democrats who opposed Bush's TARP program

Either way...History will prove that Rabbi and his posse were wrong in opposing the TARP bailouts. TARP will prove to be the one tool that prevented and economic meltdown and shows that we need the steadying hand of Government in times of economic panic

Not the TARP program, dumbshit.
The extension of the TARP program beyond what was originally authorized. And yes, I'd support the People's Worker Party in that if they were opposed to it.

I agree. TARP did save the day.

TARP was Bush

Stimulus was Obama. I'm sure he'll get all the credit he deserves for it also.

TARP was Bush

Bush deserves credit for getting TARP through when he did. The only difference was that Bush made TARP a gift with no strings attached. Obama loaned the money with certain conditions. They had to restructure their management, they had to sell-off unprofitable subsidiaries, they had to give the American people stock as collateral.
Obama's bailout will be repaid. Much of it already has

Did TARP 'save' America? - The Week

From the Financial Times...

we should be "eulogizing" it as the one piece of legislation that has done more to "save" America's financial system — and therefore its economy — "than any passed since the 1930s." Read an excerpt:

No one can doubt that without TARP financing sources would have fled in terror from the banking system. Almost immediately institutions that dwarfed Lehman in size — potentially, AIG, Citigroup, and Bank of America — would certainly have collapsed. Runs on other banks would have followed, causing credit to evaporate in the economy. A depression-era landscape of shuttered banks is easily imagined.

Without TARP, General Motors and Chrysler would also have been at the mercy of Congress, whose dithering ways would have resulted in at least one of them running out of money, shutting down and liquidating. If Congress then failed to act quickly the other carmaker would have immediately followed suit. That would have brought down the vast majority of the sector’s many suppliers, already teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

Read the full article in the Financial Times (registration required).

You do know the difference between TARP and Barry's unstimulating stimulus, don't you?

First off...I know the Conservatives opposed them all.

Secondly, I know that TARP to the Auto and Financial sector saved an economic collapse.

Thirdly, I know that the stimulus added 3.3 million jobs to the economy (firefighters, teachers, cops, construction). It also signaled the point where the Recession reversed

I call bullshit on the stimulus creating 3.3 million jobs.....:eusa_liar:
Joe Biden a year ago said it would create 500,000 jobs a month, so that would mean it created to date at least 6 million jobs....
Taking into account that my point of view leans a tad to the right I will give the Libs some leeway here....
I'm sure Obama being declared the best President in human history two years into his term,created at least 10 million jobs because we all know that government creates
jobs not the private sector.

Just a quick question if I may before I go.....
what's the latest unemployment number?

Last edited:

TARP was Bush

Bush deserves credit for getting TARP through when he did. The only difference was that Bush made TARP a gift with no strings attached. Obama loaned the money with certain conditions. They had to restructure their management, they had to sell-off unprofitable subsidiaries, they had to give the American people stock as collateral.
Obama's bailout will be repaid. Much of it already has

You are so fucking stupid and ill informed I keep thinking there is a punchline to your posts somewhere.
On October 14, 2008, Secretary of the Treasury Paulson and President Bush separately announced revisions in the TARP program. The Treasury announced their intention to buy senior preferred stock and warrants in the nine largest American banks. The shares would qualify as Tier 1 capital and were non-voting shares. To qualify for this program, the Treasury required participating institutions to meet certain criteria, including: "(1) ensuring that incentive compensation for senior executives does not encourage unnecessary and excessive risks that threaten the value of the financial institution; (2) required clawback of any bonus or incentive compensation paid to a senior executive based on statements of earnings, gains or other criteria that are later proven to be materially inaccurate; (3) prohibition on the financial institution from making any golden parachute payment to a senior executive based on the Internal Revenue Code provision; and (4) agreement not to deduct for tax purposes executive compensation in excess of $500,000 for each senior executive."[13] The Treasury also bought preferred stock and warrants from hundreds of smaller banks, using the first $250 billion allotted to the program.[14]

what a pathetic and insane loser the pretend rabbi is.

quite prolific for someone who knows absolutely nothing.

but i'm sure he's developed quite a bit of expertise selling lead pipes.

You do know the difference between TARP and Barry's unstimulating stimulus, don't you?

Secondly, I know that TARP to the Auto and Financial sector saved an economic collapse.

Thirdly, I know that the stimulus added 3.3 million jobs to the economy (firefighters, teachers, cops, construction). It also signaled the point where the Recession reversed

Joe Biden a year ago said it would create 500,000 jobs a month, so that would mean it created to date at least 6 million jobs....
Taking into account that my point of view leans a tad to the right I will give the Libs some leeway here....
I'm sure Obama being declared the best President in human history two years into his term,created at least 10 million jobs because we all know that government creates

3.3 million came from CBO figures

9.6% down from 10.2% before stimulus kicked in

Job growth is back in positive territory after it was losing 700,000 jobs a month before Stimulus

Job growth is back in positive territory after it was losing 700,000 jobs a month before Stimulus

wow 9.6%.....unemployment....Outstanding Obama.
How many jobs were created by the stimulus in California after spending 100 million.Wasn't it like 10 or 11.....

Nice job Obama....Nice job indeed.... :lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh and I saw that report,it said anywhere from 1 million plus to 3.3 million.Lets be honest for one minute for a change.No one can say for sure how many new jobs were created.
And to be really honest i don't think we got a good return on the stimulus for what was spent,now our fearless leader wants to do another stimulus bill....?

Last edited:

You do realize that the CBO is only allowed to calculate things the way they are told to calculate them based upon very controlled assumptions provided by Congress or the Administration, don't you?

Obama has been ramping up his campaigning and the gap has been narrowing.

Nov 2 is not a sure thing

Memo: Yes, it is a sure thing.

True. The date in inevitable.

Republican victory, however, is not.

And what you guys fail to read in the polls..is Reagan had worse numbers..in terms of popularity and unemployment..at this point..then Obama.

How'd that turn out?
Well, using your logic, we can turn that around.

If Reagan and Clinton had "lower" numbers than Obama at a crucial point in the presidential term and still won second terms, perhaps Obama with "higher" numbers might be a negative for him?

You do realize that the CBO is only allowed to calculate things the way they are told to calculate them based upon very controlled assumptions provided by Congress or the Administration, don't you?

That distinction is utterly lost on the Left. The CBO scored Obamacare as being under $1T and revenue neutral.
After they passed it and added the Doc Fix CBO said it would be way over $1T. In the first case the Left crowed about the CBO, citing it everytime. In the second case they were mum.

Saw a report tonight September unemployment numbers in...Gallup says September report...... 10.1% unemployment.

Looks like that stimulus plan is doing exactly what Obama had in mind. :eek:

Thanks Obama.....

What exactly was that little slogan

Putting the car in drive?......right into oblivion.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back