The problem is spending not taxes
Indeed, why should any taxes be raised to pay for
his spending spree

Getting tax increase has nothing to do with helping the
American people

It is just about scoring political points with his left base
How noble of him
:eusa_angel:
What policies? Higher deficits, more spending, and more bureaucracy?

Then you must really hate Papa Obama's policies
At least Reagan got lower unemployment with his and
a growing economy
:eusa_whistle:
You bet I hate Obama's policies. They are atrocious. We need less government, not more of it. The policies under Reagan had nothing to do with economic growth unless you believe higher spending and more government create growth. It was all about monetary policy, the ignored part of American politics.

It's my understanding that the Federal Reserve has handled US monetary policy for nearly 100 years. Shouldn't they get the credit or blame ?

It's my understanding that the Federal Reserve has handled US monetary policy for nearly 100 years. Shouldn't they get the credit or blame ?
Absolutely. And there is a lot more blame than credit to go around, I can tell you that. Volckner, the chairman of the Fed under Reagan, raised interest rates and destroyed money (the opposite of today). In doing so, interest rates crept closer to their natural free market rate of interest, which had been held artificially low. Of course, the rate was not the free market rate, only closer. And there is also the risk of making the rate too high. Without the Fed, we wouldn't have to worry about such price controls and their effects.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back