Dems propose national ID card.

Not real fond of a national ID my self.

The funny thing is the RIGHT loved the Idea when Bush was talking about it.

Some were and some weren't but shitty legislation is shitty legislation regardless of party, just one more example of how both parties are so close when the skin is peeled off the rhetoric.

Yup.

Shitty is shitty, and this is shitty.

Do I need toilet paper,triple ply, to enter this conversation?

All the while, pissing and moaning about arresting illegals:

"Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel."

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card - TheHill.com
Many states require that a driver's license have a picture ID and even small children are now given social secuirty numbers, so the concept of a national ID is not completely novel or new. We could build on a picture ID card to get the desired results. When I was in the
Air Force my ID card also carried a finger print or two. The finger prints and the social security number could encrypted on the care so they are not visible to anyone or to anything but a special digital reader.

Having an ID could help to locate runaways, or at least to identify someone, just as the little micro chips on pets work to the advantage of the owner.

Forum List

Back