Dems propose national ID card.

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
All the while, pissing and moaning about arresting illegals:

"Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel."

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card - TheHill.com

This regime's goal is to intrude into every aspect of our lives .........

Go for a job.....show your card

Not the same as pulling you over and demanding your papers

Not real fond of a national ID my self.

The funny thing is the RIGHT loved the Idea when Bush was talking about it.

You already have a nearly national ID card. Driver's License. One day, some bureaucrat is going to decide we need to have a National Driver's License. I'm just waiting to get that number tattooed on my forehead and with Owe Bama in charge that may come at any day...

I cant wait to see the hypocrisy here from gop Retards. this is bad but arizona's law == good

I am against both personally

You already have a nearly national ID card. Driver's License. One day, some bureaucrat is going to decide we need to have a National Driver's License. I'm just waiting to get that number tattooed on my forehead and with Owe Bama in charge that may come at any day...

Tell them the part about imbedding a computer chip in your brain...

Obama will stop at nothing

We already stopped one National Id Law looks like we need to stop another.

"Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel."

So, what's your solution?

Best news I've had all day.....needs to be extended for voting privileges too...

We already stopped one National Id Law looks like we need to stop another.

Resistance is futile.. You will be assimilated

borg-701632.jpg

So, what's your solution?

Enforce the LAWS we already have, secure the border and kick out the illegals. LIKE they promised in 86.

I believe Social Security is one card too many, but I quit letting this stuff bother me. The way I figure it, if they're allowed to check for papers in this state simply based on suspicion, then we may as well be required to wear id badges.

You have to show your national ID card when you pay with a credit card, when you apply for a job, and a variety of other things already.

But for some reasons, we're supposed to exempt illegals from doing that. They can break the laws as they see fit, and if we try to arrest them, we're RACIST.

NO National ID Card – Not Now, Not Ever

NO National ID Card – Not Now, Not Ever
Phil Brennan
Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2001
That tramping you hear is the sound of jack boots approaching – Big Brother is coming to imprint his mark on you.
There's word out of Washington that the Bush administration may be supporting the creation of a national ID card for all Americans, and some members of Congress are champing at the bit to force us all to carry these symbols of tyranny.

Last edited:
I believe Social Security is one card too many, but I quit letting this stuff bother me. The way I figure it, if they're allowed to check for papers in this state simply based on suspicion, then we may as well be required to wear id badges.

Don't be so glub...

Your ID Badge will have a smiley face and say..

Hello...My Name is Gilbert

You are blaming a dead guy for this?:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back