Dems, please stop this stupid and dishonest talking point now.

Feb 28, 2009
Bob Beckel, trying to defend the "personal mandate" part of the health scare bill -- comparing the requirement to either get "approved" health insurance from a private firm, get on the government's insurance or be fined up to 15% of your income -- to the requirement by law to get auto insurance?

Idiotic Dem Talking Point said:
You have to have auto insurance, by law it's required, this is no different.

First off, auto insurance isn't required if you don't own a car or don't fucking drive. So, there's no comparison. But let's take this stupid shit anyway and run with it, I'll fix this little dishonest talking point for you.

What would you all think if the government got into the auto insurance business, offering "competition" for us against those evil insurance companies. BUT, in order to make it fair, EVERYONE has to have an auto insurance policy whether you actually own a car, or drive, or not. Otherwise you get a fine every year that is 15% of your income.

NOW the comparison is valid. And I'm sorry to inform you, that "fine" is a fucking TAX no matter how you try to mealy-mouth your way around it. The plan is to have the IRS collect this fine, every year on your TAXES if you don't comply with the government mandated health insurance program. It's a TAX. A Health Care TAX.

You'll have to show "proof of health insurance" to avoid the fine.

Another reason the comparison isn't valid, we actually have little to no choice if we get sick or get seriously injured. It's fate. So now, in order to guard against fate, we will be required to carry health insurance whether we ever need it or use it or not.

How about a rebate then, for those who never have to use their health care insurance? The idea is, the uninsured are a burden on the system. Okay then, for ones who are not, they are penalized for good health and well-being, and for avoiding injury? Penalized, for that? For not being a burden?

This is yet another reason this idiotic health scare shit is bad, too intrusive, and wasteful. Young adults, are you really ready to be required by law to buy something most of you don't need and will never use, or be penalized? Or, if you have or get health insurance, will you be out there unnecessarily using it in order to get your money's worth?

Because there will be NO rebate if you don't ever use the shit, so you might as well just frivolously use it, correct? FLOODING the health care system with extra check-ups, meds you don't need, and such?

C'mon now.... This is just more half-baked, ill-conceived shit out of Washington.

Last edited:
Dems will stop using this talking point when it becomes ineffective. Otherwise the truth of it is the least important thing to them.

• Banned
Dems will stop using this talking point when it becomes ineffective. Otherwise the truth of it is the least important thing to them.
It's only "effective" on dumbasses, or those who willingly eschew their intellect in order to enjoy being in the cult.

• Banned
I heard about the fine. but car insurance??? WTF ????
That's the latest bullshit talking they're floating out there. Proving once again their disdain for and how stupid they think the American public is. It's an insult, an affront.

Bob Beckel, trying to defend the "personal mandate" part of the health scare bill -- comparing the requirement to either get "approved" health insurance from a private firm, get on the government's insurance or be fined up to 15% of your income -- to the requirement by law to get auto insurance?

First off, auto insurance isn't required if you don't own a car or don't fucking drive. So, there's no comparison. But let's take this stupid shit anyway and run with it, I'll fix this little dishonest talking point for you.

What would you all think if the government got into the auto insurance business, offering "competition" for us against those evil insurance companies. BUT, in order to make it fair, EVERYONE has to have an auto insurance policy whether you actually own a car, or drive, or not. Otherwise you get a fine every year that is 15% of your income.

NOW the comparison is valid. And I'm sorry to inform you, that "fine" is a fucking TAX no matter how you try to mealy-mouth your way around it. The plan is to have the IRS collect this fine, every year on your TAXES if you don't comply with the government mandated health insurance program. It's a TAX. A Health Care TAX.

Another reason the comparison isn't valid, we actually have little to no choice if we get sick or get seriously injured. It's fate. So now, in order to guard against fate, we will be required to carry health insurance whether we ever need it or use it or not.

How about a rebate then, for those who never have to use their health care insurance? The idea is, the uninsured are a burden on the system. Okay then, for ones who are not, they are penalized for good health and well-being, and for avoiding injury? Penalized, for that? For not being a burden?

This is yet another reason this idiotic health scare shit is bad, too intrusive, and wasteful. Young adults, are you really ready to be required by law to buy something most of you don't need and will never use, or be penalized? Or, if you have or get health insurance, will you be out there unnecessarily using it in order to get your money's worth?

Because there will be NO rebate if you don't ever use the shit, so you might as well just frivolously use it, correct? FLOODING the health care system with extra check-ups, meds you don't need, and such?

C'mon now.... This is just more half-baked, ill-conceived shit out of Washington.

This is NOT a valid comparison. While some people do not drive, everyone needs healthcare at some point in their lives, and if they CHOOSE not to have insurance, then I pay for them.

• Banned

This is NOT a valid comparison. While some people do not drive, everyone needs healthcare at some point in their lives, and if they CHOOSE not to have insurance, then I pay for them.
I see you failed to read the entire post, or failed to comprehend it. Try again.

BECKEL'S comparison is NOT valid. The only way to MAKE it valid is if auto insurance was required for ALL whether they actually own a car, drive or not. Those are CHOICES.

Paying a TAX because you don't want something you might never use is stupid. Making people get health insurance, without a REBATE for not using it annually, is simply theft.

the language of the bill is so vague and open to distortion, the fact that you(if you) really did translate it correctly is impressive.

I see you failed to read the entire post, or failed to comprehend it. Try again.

BECKEL'S comparison is NOT valid. The only way to MAKE it valid is if auto insurance was required for ALL whether they actually own a car, drive or not. Those are CHOICES.

Paying a TAX because you don't want something you might never use is stupid. Making people get health insurance, without a REBATE for not using it annually, is simply theft.

The only way to make this a fair comparison is if language in included in the healthcare bill allowing healthcare providers to turn away people with out insurance.

Talk about "Stupid Talking Points"

"People who don't have cars don't have to have auto insurance":cuckoo: :lol:

How about we make the law so that only people who have health have to have health insurance?

Especially those who say, "I've never been sick a day in my life" and then soak the system once they eventually do get sick

How about we make the law so that only people who have health have to have health insurance?

Especially those who say, "I've never been sick a day in my life" and then soak the system once they eventually do get sick

So, are you suggesting that the arguement contained a dishonest proposition in order to camoflage the point that Health is necessary and Auto ownership is not??

I think the original poster knew this.

OR those who know they are sick, but don't seek care as without insurance they cannot afford it. Then infect others around them?

OR those who know they are sick, but don't seek care as without insurance they cannot afford it. Then infect others around them?

Wait--is that really a bad thing??

I have some remnants of pneumonia right now, but can't afford the medication because I currently do not have insurance.. What is wrong with infecting a couple of people(like a bus or subway full of people) until I am able to afford the medication?

I mean, the hospitals will take you, but the pharmacy won't until you have the dough.

The only way to make this a fair comparison is if language in included in the healthcare bill allowing healthcare providers to turn away people with out insurance.
How does that compare? No one is "turned away" from the roads because they don't have auto insurance.

You fail to see the bigger picture.

ONLY those above a certain income (Something like 40K) who don't get health insurance will have this tax. The rest? DON'T have to get insurance and WON'T have this tax!

So see? You will STILL have the "burdens on the system" you had before this idiotic tax and they WON'T be paid for by the tax!! Because not enough folks will be paying the "fine!"

Try some honesty: The TAX on cigarettes and tobacco products, and alcohol: They CALL it a TAX because that's exactly what it is. The purpose of the tax is to punish you for doing these mean old, nasty and unhealthy habits. BUT THEY DON'T TRY TO LIE AND SAY IT ISN'T A FUCKING TAX BECAUSE IT IS!

Taxing soda pop. They CALL it a tax. The purpose of the tax is to punish you for feeding your kids this mean old sugar water. BUT THEY DON'T TRY TO LIE AND SAY IT ISN'T A FUCKING TAX BECAUSE IT IS!

This is the same goddamned fucking thing. It is a TAX whose purpose is to PUNISH your ass for not having health insurance! CALL IT A GODDAMNED FUCKING TAX THEN!!!! BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!!!

If you don't have auto insurance, is that verified by the IRS? NO.

THIS IS! AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A APPROVED HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY THEY ARE GONNA TAX YOU!

Have just one tiny amount of honesty about you! Stephanopoulos did! You REALLY think the folks out there are gonna BUY this bullshit of it not being a tax?

YOUNG and healthy folks: They are going to get this government health plan and USE it to get their money's worth! This means MILLIONS of unnecessary doctor visits, prescriptions, tests, CLOGGING up the fucking system WAY beyond what it is now!

Why not also have a REBATE for those who never have to see a doctor and never have any health issues for the year?

How does that compare? No one is "turned away" from the roads because they don't have auto insurance.
Of course they are...if the vehicle they are riding in isn't insured they are turned away from the roads.

Of course they are...if the vehicle they are riding in isn't insured they are turned away from the roads.
IF they are stopped. The IRS doesn't verify their auto insurance, then TAX them if they don't have it.

Forum List

Back