Dems offing selves: Suicide on DU

For cheesy action movies, Steven Segal flicks are much better than anyone else's, but overall I prefer Arnold. "His mazzles help heem govuhn."

GunnyL said:
And while it may sound callous, on the occasion that a person threatened suicide to me, I gave instructions on how to do it so the people left behind didn't have a big mess to clean up. Buying their bullshit just makes one the enabler for continuance of the behavior.

I've used this same tactic Gunny! Glad to see that it has worked for others.

Got a call from friend that she was in the closet with a gun ........ wasn't the first time she had "threatened" suicide. Instead of trying to talk her out of it I just asked her what preparations had she made so that her family didn't have to suffer for her decision. Walked her through the aftermath...........she had never gone beyond thinking about her own pain before and this time she realized the pain she would be inflicting on those she loved would be horrendous. That was over six years ago and she's a very successful individual today. Did the cause of her depression go away? No. But she realized that suicide was not the way she wanted to deal with it.

It's all about choices and realizing there will always be some type of a result from a choice one makes.

Hagbard Celine said:
For cheesy action movies, Steven Segal flicks are much better than anyone else's, but overall I prefer Arnold. "His mazzles help heem govuhn."

Yes. Weakness is for girly men. You're learning!

Nuc said:
Your story and my story are both equally valid as anecdotal evidence that anger/depression can stem from any part of the political spectrum. Which refutes Avngrs original point that "lefty"-ness is the cause of depression.

anger does not stem from anything...anger is a choice.

Nuc said:
I see a lot of anger on the right, especially from unsuccessful white men who think they would have been successful if not for blacks and women getting all the jobs/power that feel they were entitled to. The blame game is not a liberal/Democrat/left monopoly.

people who can not take responsibility for their actions nor their lives tend not to be successful and they tend to be angry and they tend to blame others.....people like these tend to gravitate to the extreems of both parties...however, the dems sell government as mom that will take care of you....for me the nexus is there

people who can not take responsibility for their actions nor their lives tend not to be successful and they tend to be angry and they tend to blame others.....people like these tend to gravitate to the extreems of both parties...however, the dems sell government as mom that will take care of you....for me the nexus is there

Republicans are always big supporters of the military and always glorify the military for protecting us all. Isn't that the same thing as what you said the dems do? Big brother takes care of us all?

I don't believe I ever argued that being lefty definitely causes depression. I did say that it is possible that having a morose personality, may draw one to become or stay a lefty. After all, it is the party of the victim, the party of the disenfranchised, the party of the discontented, no?

I don't believe I ever argued that being lefty definitely causes depression. I did say that it is possible that having a morose personality, may draw one to become or stay a lefty. After all, it is the party of the victim, the party of the disenfranchised, the party of the discontented, no?

It is, but not because of the "moroseness" of its members. It is that way because the dems champion the causes of minorities because they recognize inequalities in our society.

Abbey Normal said:
Doing a bit of research the other day on the Ivy League school, University of Pennsylvania, I noticed that they state that their enrollment is around 44% minority. Given the percentage of minorities in the general population, could one reasonably assume that this large a number admitted means that white male students who were more qualified, were rejected to make room for less qualified minority students? Just wondering...

happend to me at cal berkeley.....demanded to see the admission ratings after i was not accepted....rated higher then several people that got in....i am white....but they had quotas to meet....went to a different university....cal grads work for me now...no big deal....guess i could have gotten angry and blamed....i have better things to do

Hagbard Celine said:
Republicans are always big supporters of the military and always glorify the military for protecting us all. Isn't that the same thing as what you said the dems do? Big brother takes care of us all?

No. Republicans believe certain things should be done collectively, as a nation. National defense is one of those things. Republicans also feel that in certain areas, the individual should be responsible for himself; personal financial success is one of these.

Hagbard Celine said:

fdr was a dem no? didn't he drop two nukes? kill millions of minorities?

having a military to protect the people is different than having an entitlement program that takes care of the people.

Hagbard Celine said:
It is, but not because of the "moroseness" of its members. It is that way because the dems champion the causes of minorities because they recognize inequalities in our society.

And they suggest tyranny, incoming redistribution, and censorship as a remedy. Bad ideas, all of them.

Hagbard Celine said:

often to the point of minority rule....for example....

the people of california vote not to allow gay marriage....

the minorty...rejects the vote of the people and demands it anyway saying it is unfair to them.....so they get a mayor to marry peole which is against the law....then go nuts when they are told it is against the law....

do the argument in reverse.....

kurtsprincess said:
Got a call from friend that she was in the closet with a gun ........ wasn't the first time she had "threatened" suicide. Instead of trying to talk her out of it I just asked her what preparations had she made so that her family didn't have to suffer for her decision. Walked her through the aftermath...........she had never gone beyond thinking about her own pain before and this time she realized the pain she would be inflicting on those she loved would be horrendous. That was over six years ago and she's a very successful individual today. Did the cause of her depression go away? No. But she realized that suicide was not the way she wanted to deal with it.

It's all about choices and realizing there will always be some type of a result from a choice one makes.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, those who threaten or commit suicide are primarily people with poor judgement and inadequate coping skills....clinical depression is not necessarily present and certainly not required.

the minorty...rejects the vote of the people and demands it anyway saying it is unfair to them.....so they get a mayor to marry peole which is against the law....then go nuts when they are told it is against the law....

Funny you should mention that. The first amendment provides for freedom of expression. If homos want to express their love for each other by getting married, they've got the right. One of the constitution's main purposes is to protect minorities from being ganged-up on by the majority.

You brought it up, not me.

Somebody (apparently Manny the man) in the death penalty vs. abortion thread asked me if I thought just because something was legal made it moral? Well, that can be applied here too.

Hagbard Celine said:
Somebody in the death penalty vs. abortion thread asked me if I thought just because something was legal made it moral? Well, that can be applied here too.

no stealing my arguments without credit

Hagbard Celine said:
Funny you should mention that. The first amendment provides for freedom of expression. If homos want to express their love for each other by getting married, they've got the right. One of the constitution's main purposes is to protect minorities from being ganged-up on by the majority.

You brought it up, not me.

where in the california constitution is the civil right of of a gay marriage / family guaranteed....if you can find it i will help you fight for it.....that was their argument....protection of the civil right to a family

Forum List

Back