Dems Move To Ban 'Occupy' From 2012 Convention...

Nancy I don't think has even commented on this subject. ;)

Nancy Pelosi stands by Occupy Wall Street in *fundraising e-mail from DCCC* - New York Daily News

If you think the 'grassroots movement' she's talking about here is NOT OWS... then who is it?

Nancy Pelosi is standing up for Occupy Wall Street.

The former House Speaker wrote an email to potential donors on behalf of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee asking for financial support.

In the e-mail, obtained by the Washington Post on Tuesday, Pelosi cites a memo from a Washington lobbying firm, Clark Lytle Geduldig & Crandford that has proposed an $850,0000 plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street.

"If you need further proof that Congressional Republicans are putting big Wall Street banks before middle class families, look no further than an explosive memo prepared by former John Boehner staffers-turned-banking lobbyists," writes Pelosi.

The memo from the loybbying firm was obtained by MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes."

The California Democrat does not mention Occupy Wall Street by name, but details the plan as one to "attack and discredit grassroots citizen movements working to hold special interests accountable."

"The memo goes on to describe a Democratic victory in November as detrimental to Republican special interests.

“They know a Democratic Majority in Congress will fight for middle class families, and make sure that millionaires pay their fair share and close corporate tax loopholes," Pelosi adds, suggesting a contribution of $3 or more.

Um, I was talking about the subject of the thread. ;)
You might want to be clearer in your posts then.

Just heard GE plans on testing their new line of Tasers out on OWS at the Democratic Convention. Obama & his "Jobs Czar" GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt got it all covered. So good luck OWS. Looks like you're gonna need all the luck you can get.

Last edited:
What, I thought they saw the occupy movement as a positive force???? Oh I guess only if they're protesting the other groups wrong doings.

Hypocrisy of the left at it's grandest.

By the time of the convention OWS will no longer exist in its current form. These people are infinitely adaptable and will always find ways to stay ahead of any authoritarian action to shut them up. By then it will have morphed into something equally stubborn and difficult to ignore or shut up and impossible to co-opt for merely partisan purposes. I predict they will turn the flash mob protest into an art form.

Good thing OWS is against democrats and republicans........Your point?
I wonder why they only visited Republican offices this week on Capitol Hill?

Occupy Washington DC - Info | Facebook

Occupy K Street Lobbyists - Info | Facebook

Occupy Wall Street - Info | Facebook

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution

Actually read what they are saying, and then we can talk.
WTF?

Yet, I wonder why they only visited the offices of Republicans when they went to Capitol Hill this week.

‘Take Back the Capitol’ protesters swarm congressional offices - The Washington Post

Non-partisan my ass.

By the time of the convention OWS will no longer exist in its current form. These people are infinitely adaptable and will always find ways to stay ahead of any authoritarian action to shut them up. By then it will have morphed into something equally stubborn and difficult to ignore or shut up and impossible to co-opt for merely partisan purposes. I predict they will turn the flash mob protest into an art form.
Yes, I can definitely see the people who have been living in tents, raping each other and shitting on the sidewalks for the past two months as being a quite adaptable bunch.

I vote for more interpretive dance. Flash mobs are so last week.

But they weren't the only ones they protested against. ;)
WTF?

Yet, I wonder why they only visited the offices of Republicans when they went to Capitol Hill this week.

‘Take Back the Capitol’ protesters swarm congressional offices - The Washington Post

Non-partisan my ass.

In John Heilemann's cover story "2012=1968?," he wonders whether Occupy Wall Street protesters will do to Charlotte's Democratic National Convention in the summer of 2012 what demonstrators did to the Chicago DNC in 1968. The North Carolina city, sometimes called the "Wall Street of the South," is not taking any chances, and is already working to pass an ordinance that would make occupying downtown spaces with tents a "public nuisance," in addition to banning "noxious substances," padlocks, and other camping equipment. The fact that it would knock out the city's current overnight demonstrators is an added bonus.

Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx said dubiously last month that the rule, which could be enacted in January, is not aimed at a specific group. "Unlike many cities that have well-developed regulations governing protest activity, our local regulations contain gaps that need to be filled," he said. But a memo about the ordinance does note, "The recent issues related to camping on city property have further amplified the need to review whether the city wants to regulate this activity during the DNC." A city councilman added of the current Occupy Charlotte faction, "Once those ordinances go into effect, those overnight stays will end."

Read More:
Charlotte Prepping for Occupy Wall Street at DNC -- Daily Intel
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

But, but, the Princess said "God bless you!" to them! And er, er Obama has supported them! You aren't going to tell me he's a hypocrite now are you?

Obama Gingerly Embraces Occupy Wall Street

The most striking aspect of the speech was how it adopted and amplified the economic critique of the Occupy Wall Street movement and, to a lesser extent, the Tea Party, both of which Obama alluded to. He also signaled that he’ll take on two issues from which a generation of Democrats has shied away: raising taxes on the rich and pushing for a stronger government role in establishing economic security for all Americans.

Obama on OWS - YouTube

The OWS expresses the frustrations the American people feel.
The protestors are giving a face of a more broad based reflection.”

OWS protesters interrupt Obama's speech
““Mr. President: Over 4,000 peaceful protesters have been arrested while banksters continue to destroy the economy,”protesters proclaimed. “You must stop the assault on our First Amendment rights. Your silence sends a message that police brutality is acceptable. Banks got bailed out. We got sold out.”
“We’ll be talking about a whole range of things today and I appreciate you guys making your point,”responded Obama. “

ttp://rt.com/usa/news/obama-occupy-wall-street-985/

Well, they are such good friends of the leaders of the Dem party, you know they'll be happy to hear this.

May be the first time for the Swat Teams and National Guard at the convention. Oh yeah...1968!

The Democrats like to talk-the-talk about defending the middle class, but they are piss poor doing the walk-the-walk because they are weak. I can see why Occupy would want a strong visual effect at their 2012 convention. The Dems are part of the problem as far as Occupy goes, not as much as the GOP, but the Dems are still a problem.

But they weren't the only ones they protested against. ;)
The Washington Post reported ONLY Republican offices on the day they went to Capitol Hill. You have the link to them right there.

As I said, non-partisan, my ass.

Last edited:
I can definitely see the potential for both conventions to get messy.

Particularly if the TPM and OWS folks both decide to demonstrate at them.

Of course without a mayor like Richard M Daley unleashing his cops, it probably won't reach the POLICE RIOT stage like it did in Chicago back in 68.

the right on this site at least just doesnt get who OWS is.

They think its a tacitical move from within the democratic party just like their phoney tea party crap was a tactical move from the far right of their party to take over the R party.

They dont understand alot of things.

The democrats will set up free speech zones and confine the protesters there. That's the protocol now. If the protesters decide to launch an attack against anyone or anything they will be slapped down.

I hope that OWS gets in serious riot mode.

It looks like the OWS refused to be co-opted. They are a step ahead of the TP already.

Forum List

Back