Dems Move To Ban 'Occupy' From 2012 Convention...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
In John Heilemann's cover story "2012=1968?," he wonders whether Occupy Wall Street protesters will do to Charlotte's Democratic National Convention in the summer of 2012 what demonstrators did to the Chicago DNC in 1968. The North Carolina city, sometimes called the "Wall Street of the South," is not taking any chances, and is already working to pass an ordinance that would make occupying downtown spaces with tents a "public nuisance," in addition to banning "noxious substances," padlocks, and other camping equipment. The fact that it would knock out the city's current overnight demonstrators is an added bonus.

Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx said dubiously last month that the rule, which could be enacted in January, is not aimed at a specific group. "Unlike many cities that have well-developed regulations governing protest activity, our local regulations contain gaps that need to be filled," he said. But a memo about the ordinance does note, "The recent issues related to camping on city property have further amplified the need to review whether the city wants to regulate this activity during the DNC." A city councilman added of the current Occupy Charlotte faction, "Once those ordinances go into effect, those overnight stays will end."

Read More:
Charlotte Prepping for Occupy Wall Street at DNC -- Daily Intel
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Hahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahaha.. Did I mention this is funny as hell?

One statement they keep repeating is to not let the democrats or republicans hijack their movement. Weird, isn't it?

You think the OWS doesn't know they are getting faux support from both sides? Democrats and Republicans love Wall Street and K Street, they will never really support them. Union workers might, but not democrat politicians.....

I am shocked.
Princess Nancy was kissing their asses.
Everything was hugs and kisses as long as the OWS
crowd was ramping it up against perceived GOP targets...
I wanna see how the Dems handle this.
Unless this movement has run out of gas,or was just against the
GOP.

In John Heilemann's cover story "2012=1968?," he wonders whether Occupy Wall Street protesters will do to Charlotte's Democratic National Convention in the summer of 2012 what demonstrators did to the Chicago DNC in 1968. The North Carolina city, sometimes called the "Wall Street of the South," is not taking any chances, and is already working to pass an ordinance that would make occupying downtown spaces with tents a "public nuisance," in addition to banning "noxious substances," padlocks, and other camping equipment. The fact that it would knock out the city's current overnight demonstrators is an added bonus.

Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx said dubiously last month that the rule, which could be enacted in January, is not aimed at a specific group. "Unlike many cities that have well-developed regulations governing protest activity, our local regulations contain gaps that need to be filled," he said. But a memo about the ordinance does note, "The recent issues related to camping on city property have further amplified the need to review whether the city wants to regulate this activity during the DNC." A city councilman added of the current Occupy Charlotte faction, "Once those ordinances go into effect, those overnight stays will end."

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
[youtube]cWk6RgQbPVc[/youtube]

:popcorn:

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Can you highlight that article where it says anything about the Democratic Party being behind the push in the Charlotte City Council to thwart the efforts of Occupy?

I couldn't find it and if you can't find it, that title of yours is pretty fucking misleading.

I am shocked.
GOP.

Last time I checked it was local dems doing this, how about we wait to comment on other dems when they actually have a reaction to this.:lol:
Of course they will probably do nothing to stop the city of Charlotte, but how about we wait to see what they actually do.

I am shocked.
GOP.

Last time I checked it was local dems doing this, how about we wait to comment on other dems when they actually have a reaction to this.:lol:
Of course they will probably do nothing to stop the city of Charlotte, but how about we wait to see what they actually do.

There's no need to wait to see. They're already doing it. OWS will not be tolerated.

Forum List

Back