Dems lied about Walker & equal pay for women issues!

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Big fucking surprise, huh.

Don't let gender flap distract
The grand total of women (and men) in Wisconsin who have used a 2009 state law to file employment discrimination lawsuits is — zero.

So don't believe the hype about state leaders supposedly stopping women from getting paid the same as men by repealing the law this month. Any worker in Wisconsin who is discriminated against based on gender, age, race or other factors can still seek justice from state and federal agencies as well as the federal courts.

The repeal of the 2009 state law that nobody used doesn't change that.

"Nobody has obtained a finding of liability from a law judge and then gone into state court and asked for damages," Scott Beightol, a Wisconsin lawyer who represents employers on discrimination issues, told the State Journal on Wednesday.

He added: "How this became a gender pay issue is beyond me," given that the 2009 law, approved when Democrats controlled the state Legislature, wasn't specific to women.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/apr/10/kathleen-falk/dem-wisconsin-governor-recall-says-gop-backed-bill/
Kathleen Falk said:
"It used to be, thanks to the work of our Legislature and prior governor, that that man and woman sitting right in the front row there, doing the same job at the workplace, he making a dollar, she making 81 cents to the dollar, doing the same job -- well, until a couple weeks ago, she had a right to do something about it. But the Republican Legislature passed a bill that you said you can't. That bill's on Governor Walker's desk. I've urged him to veto it."
Our rating
Falk said women facing pay discrimination can't "do something about it" under a bill passed by Wisconsin Republicans. But of the four legal options available under the current law, only one would be eliminated by the bill.

We rate Falk's statement False.

We previously looked at a claim related to the same bill. We gave a Mostly False to state Rep. Cory Mason, D-Racine, for saying the bill would repeal a law that ensures men and women get equal pay.

Just waiting to see how many of the libtards who blasted Walker for 'taking away equal pay for women' and making it 'so much harder for them to do anything about it' will come in and admit they were wrong.

I think I can count the eventual number with just my finger and thumb...
78034000.jpg

Don't hold your breath for any apologies from the left.

You know those pesky facts get in the way of a good lie.

Do any of you have enough curiosity to wonder why, if this law was not used, how it became so important that it had to be repealed.

Did Scott Walker not have enough to do that he couldn't have left this law alone?

And what is up with the large job losses in WI? Must be Obama's fault. Again.

Do any of you have enough curiosity to wonder why, if this law was not used, how it became so important that it had to be repealed.

Did Scott Walker not have enough to do that he couldn't have left this law alone?

And what is up with the large job losses in WI? Must be Obama's fault. Again.

If it's not used, why have it?

As for the jobs thing, feel free to start a thread on that, as it isn't the topic here.

Forum List

Back