Dems/Libs Skewing Online Polls?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40788

Democrats are fraudulently skewing online polls asking about last night's vice presidential debate to favor Sen. John Edwards – at least that's the contention of several Net users who have pointed out strangely lopsided results in various surveys.

"You have either been hacked or the DNC [Democratic National Committee] gremlins are at it big time," one reader wrote to WorldNetDaily about the newssite's poll, pointing out that 2,000 votes were added to three separate pro-Edwards responses "in the middle of the night." WND's poll asking who won the vice presidential debate went live at 1 a.m. Eastern.

The three responses that even still have just over 2,000 votes are: "Edwards decision," "Edwards KO" and "Edwards TKO." The No. 1 response currently is "Cheney KO."

"Maybe the weenies in Finland have been taken time from keeping the snow off their reindeer to vote for Kerry/Edwards," the reader speculated, referring to a recent news story about the strength the Democratic ticket has among the Fins.

The volume on WND's poll today is unusually high, with over 12,000 having voted thus far.

Wrote another reader: "The results seem to smack of a computer hacker who has affected your [poll]. Even the pundits on MSNBC's after-hours program (all four of them) admitted that Cheney won the debate, hands down."

Jim Geraghty of National Review Online pointed out how several online polls appear to have been skewed, including a poll at the Philadelphia Inquirer showing 99 percent thought Edwards won the debate. Geraghty says the Democratic National Committee is sending out the seemingly skewed results in triumphant e-mails to its supporters.

"How much of a fool do you have to be to think that a Philly Inquirer poll showing 99 to 1 is an accurate assessment of the electorate's view?" Geraghty asked on NRO's Kerry Spot blog.

"In our allegedly 50-50 nation, how realistic is it to think one candidate would clobber the other by 50 points?

Geraghty concluded, "Last night, a combination of DNC poll spam orc enthusiasm and Pajamahadeen guile helped illustrate the uselessness of these polls – and the gullibility of certain Democrats looking for good news."

Palestinian Jew said:
I got an email through the YD saying to go out and vote pro-kerry/edwards on every poll possible. Kind of low, but it is the internet.

How much lower than telling your people to go out and spend time and money pushing your ideological polar opposite, Ralph Nader?

In the interests of fairness, I think I should point out that there's pro-Cheney astroturf going on as well. Let's not try to pretend that such shenanigans are the exclusive domain of one party.

Well, for those who need the text spoon-fed to them (the link is valid, you're just lazy) here it is:
Ken Mehlman, Mr. Bush's campaign manager, delivered the request in an e-mail message to supporters early Tuesday morning.

"Immediately after the debate, visit online polls, chat rooms and discussion boards and make your voice heard," he said in the note, sent to the six million supporters on the campaign's e-mail list. "People's perceptions are shaped as much by their conversations around the water cooler as by the debates themselves."
Yeah, I guess it does suck when your own side's moral bankruptcy is shown to you.

Platypus said:
Well, for those who need the text spoon-fed to them (the link is valid, you're just lazy) here it is:

Yeah, I guess it does suck when your own side's moral bankruptcy is shown to you.

Too lazy to register?

yeah..

Maybe you were too lazy to post a link from a site that didn't require membership? :)

Platypus said:

WTF are you going after =d= for? Seems to me he was just amplifying your statement.

Get a grip, man.

musicman said:
WTF are you going after =d= for? Seems to me he was just amplifying your statement.

Get a grip, man.

Sounds and acts like another refugee from yahoo.

Platypus said:

Funny, I'm on the GOP email list, and don't recall getting that email.. .maybe your sources are jacked?

Forum List

Back