Dems in 2016

I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?

We are starting a petition now for three terms. It has thousands of signatures. But calm down its not Obama who is running. We have another two term guy in mind. We will get it passed soon

I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?

We are starting a petition now for three terms. It has thousands of signatures. But calm down its not Obama who is running. We have another two term guy in mind. We will get it passed soon

Then it isn't a third term...:confused::cool: We need to spend more on education....:eusa_shifty:

Then it isn't a third term...:confused::cool: We need to spend more on education....:eusa_shifty:

It will be his third term. But calm down tea party......put away the hats and hoods. He is white....very white.....and from the South even. Celebrate with us:clap2::clap2:

It will be his third term. But calm down tea party......put away the hats and hoods. He is white....very white.....and from the South even. Celebrate with us:clap2::clap2:

Is this your idea of a trick thread? :badgrin: Obviously we aren't talking about anyone for President because if it isn't Obama then it isn't a "third" term.

Save the idea of BJ either himself or vis a vis Shrillary. Nice try. Thought it wouldn't be figured out, did ya?

Bill Clinton contemplates running for president... of France

Bill Clinton has revealed he could run for president again, only this time in Ireland or France, although he admitted his poor French would make him 'toast' in an election there.

The former U.S. president, 66, said his Irish heritage made him eligible to run for office there, while the fact he was born in Arkansas means he could - in theory - enter a French presidential race thanks to a historical negotiation known as the Louisiana Purchase.

‘The only two countries I'm eligible to run for the leadership position is if I move to Ireland and buy a house, I can run for president of Ireland because of my Irish heritage,’ he told CNN’s Piers Morgan at the Clinton Global Initiative on Tuesday.

Bill Clinton contemplates running for president... of France (provided he improves his language skills first!) | Mail Online

The Question:
Can a president serve more than two terms if they are not consecutive? For example, could former President Bill Clinton run for president again after 2000?

The Answer:
No. The 22nd Amendment, enacted after Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected president for the fourth time, imposes a two-term limit on presidential candidates and was established to formalize a tradition George Washington started by refusing to run for a third term in 1796.

The 22nd Amendment states that no person elected president and no person to hold the office of president for more than two years is allowed to be elected more than once more. It makes no difference whether the two terms are consecutive.

This amendment also makes it clear that if Vice President Al Gore had taken over for President Clinton during the first two years of Clinton's first term, then he would have only been allowed to run once more.

What's interesting about Clinton's situation is that the 22nd Amendment only makes two-term presidents ineligible to "be elected to the office of President." But is Clinton allowed to serve as president? For example, what if Clinton were the Democratic nominee for vice president, and his party won? If his candidate couldn't finish his/her term, could Clinton be president again? Or would he be unable to serve as vice president in the first place? For now, this is an unresolved question.

—The Editors

Read more: Presidential Term Limits — Infoplease.com Presidential Term Limits — Infoplease.com

New Topics

Forum List

Back