Dems in 2016

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?

I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?

It can be done by executive order? We got to get on that! :tinfoil:

I think a few people on the board have shown their ignorance, by referring to Obama as the "Dictator in Chief"..

I like the ring of that, might as well act accordingly.

The Democrats will do what they always do. Find a relatively unknown Democrat with charisma and a message and run him for President. It worked with JFK, Carter, Clinton and Obama. Didn't work so well with Dukakis

The Republicans will do what they always do. Elevate the next in line to run for President. Worked with Nixon, Reagan, Bush. Didn't work so well with Dole, McCain and Romney

I think 2016 is open to Republicans for the taking. Voters tend to switch parties every eight years and give the other party a shot. Republicans also have some strong potential candidates. It really comes down to can Republicans tone down the stupid?

In the Obama Administration EVERYTHING can be done by EO.

The Democrats will do what they always do. Find a relatively unknown Democrat with charisma and a message and run him for President. It worked with JFK, Carter, Clinton and Obama. Didn't work so well with Dukakis

The Republicans will do what they always do. Elevate the next in line to run for President. Worked with Nixon, Reagan, Bush. Didn't work so well with Dole, McCain and Romney

I think 2016 is open to Republicans for the taking. Voters tend to switch parties every eight years and give the other party a shot. Republicans also have some strong potential candidates. It really comes down to can Republicans tone down the stupid?

In the US, Have There Been More Democrat or Republican Presidents?

In the Obama Administration EVERYTHING can be done by EO.

Right, He's KING OF THE WORLD!!! :rolleyes:

Do you have a point?

Do you have a point?

Yeah, but just for you junior I'll spell it out. You implied the Dems find better candidates. If that's true I was merely pointing out that there have been more Republican Presidents than Democratic ones.

So maybe you can lead the charge to find better choices.

Dismissed, sonnyboy.

Yeah, but just for you junior I'll spell it out. You implied the Dems find better candidates. If that's true I was merely pointing out that there have been more Republican Presidents than Democratic ones.

Dismissed, sonnyboy.

I pointed out where both the Democratic and Republican strategies have succeeded and failed

Whether a Democrat or a Republican won the election in 1880 is irrelevant to the political climate in 2016

Dismissed, sonnyboy

Do you have a point?

Dismissed, sonnyboy.

I pointed out where both the Democratic and Republican strategies have succeeded and failed

Whether a Democrat or a Republican won the election in 1880 is irrelevant to the political climate in 2016

Dismissed, sonnyboy

How original calling me sonnyboy after I called you that. Here's a newsflash for you...you do nothing more but "thank" people and agree with what others post. You've never had an original thought or an original post.

You are the left poster's concubine, bitch!

Much will depend on how the GOP controlled House works with Obama up until 2016. Especially since we all their candidates will come from Congress. If they all continue to try to redefine rape, push "personhood" legislation, seek only "self deportation" immigration reform, and block any and all attempts by Obama to move the country forward, then they will fail in 2016 as well.

Dismissed, sonnyboy.

Dismissed, sonnyboy

How original calling me sonnyboy after I called you that. Here's a newsflash for you...you do nothing more but "thank" people and agree with what others post. You've never had an original thought or an original post.

Apparently, you overlooked post #5? Do you have to make yourself look stupid in front of everybody EVERY day?

Dismissed, sonnyboy

Apparently, you overlooked post #5? Do you have to make yourself look stupid in front of everybody EVERY day?

Never do. I defer to you VankMyChain on that score. Anything else that I can "help" you with?

P.S. Seriously get some original material. I used that line about looking supid in front everyone quite a while back. In fact, if I recall it was you that I referred to back then. You really need to pay attention more.

Last edited:

I actually agree with you here. What they have to do is evaluate who they are and what they want to be. Do they want to try and tight rope walk the bible belt while preaching progressive ideals to the Northeast and out west? You can't have it both ways. Either go all in with the moral high ground or just get away from it altogether. Focus on the neutral issues like the economy and defense.

Social issues will always be around but rarely get resolved. The only thing that will get done soon is gay marriage. So the sooner republicans get out of it's way, the sooner they can drop it from the headlines. Abortion is never going to be illegal. What they need is a strong leader to get up there and say, "Abortion is not in my personal belief structure but I recognize the significance of Roe v Wade and what it has established. I don't agree with it but that's up to God to decide since our society allows it. We can't change that." Simple as that. The bible thumpers will have a fit but they ain't gonna vote Democrat and you can eliminate another social issue that is the key play card for the Dems.

With that they can focus on the economy stupid. Never has a president been re-elected with such a weak economy and high unemployment right... until this election. That just goes to show you how well the Democrats painted Republicans into a corner on social issues while allowing everyone to gloss over the last 4 years economically with a simple "It was Bush's fault."

The Republican message is weak and so are their top candidates. They need to decide what their message is going to be and then choose candidates that embody that message instead of picking guys that are least likely to lose.

I'm not seeing to much impetus in that direction (toning down the stupid) on these boards - but I am seeing it among some of the smarter Republicans out there. And I agree, if they do that they may be able to avoid having to let the words "President Hillary Clinton" roll off their tongues.

Forum List

Back