Dems gun control is wrong...

Of course. Gun-free zones are invitations for mass shooters. When mass shooters see a gun free zone, they see this >>

That is like telling your son not to be late for his curfew. When you in hindsight, he will most likely be home late (from a date or friends).

That is like telling your son not to be late for his curfew. When you in hindsight, he will most likely be home late (from a date or friends).
Care to explain that ? o_O How does it relate to giving mass shooters opportunity ? (not that it changes anything about mass shooters getting invitations to shoot in gun-free zones, knowing they'll be no opposition for them)

Guns should be outlawed as punishment to the GOP for not supporting anti-crime and anti-violence efforts that would make a difference.

Democrat congresscritters should be arrested for treason for not putting bills on the table to eliminate gun violence without gun control.

Guns should be outlawed as punishment to the GOP for not supporting anti-crime and anti-violence efforts that would make a difference.
Democrats opposed gun control legislation proposed by Senate Republicans (Grassley & Cornyn) They also oppose abolishing gun-free zones, and oppose arming teachers. Policies that have resulted in people getting killed.

Seriously your rebuttal is that democrats oppose having schools gun free zones abolished?.

So far genius, it was the existence of those school gun free zones that has enabled every mass school shooting and been responsible for every kid killed. Serial killers are looking for crowds that are safe from shooting back. No one ever attacks police stations.

Yawns, Wrong. 3 brothers indicted in Maryland police station attack - CNN

Hey Dumpster, so you found 1 incident where 1 officer was killed and by friendly fire by fellow officers by mistake! So now are you going to call this the new epidemic?! :auiqs.jpg:

Then go to another medical provider.
Are you feeling OK ? I'm a low income, retired senior citizen. I get all my medical care free at the VA. Outside there, I would have to pay money I don't have, and it's the same with thousands of other older and young disabled veterans.

Why should a veteran be forced to go elsewhere from a VA hospital, to get health care ? So it can be a dangerous gun-free zone ? Maybe you should be going to see a doctor.
geez.gif
Democrats opposed gun control legislation proposed by Senate Republicans (Grassley & Cornyn) They also oppose abolishing gun-free zones, and oppose arming teachers. Policies that have resulted in people getting killed.

Seriously your rebuttal is that democrats oppose having schools gun free zones abolished?.

So far genius, it was the existence of those school gun free zones that has enabled every mass school shooting and been responsible for every kid killed. Serial killers are looking for crowds that are safe from shooting back. No one ever attacks police stations.

Hey Dumpster, so you found 1 incident where 1 officer was killed and by friendly fire by fellow officers by mistake! So now are you going to call this the new epidemic?! :auiqs.jpg:

You said no one ever attacks a police station. You have been proven wrong and/or a liar

Are you feeling OK ? I'm a low income, retired senior citizen. I get all my medical care free at the VA. Outside there, I would have to pay money I don't have, and it's the same with thousands of other older and young disabled veterans.

Why should a veteran be forced to go elsewhere from a VA hospital, to get health care ? So it can be a dangerous gun-free zone ? Maybe you should be going to see a doctor.
geez.gif

You said no one ever attacks a police station. You have been proven wrong and/or a liar

Sorry if my analogy about soft targets was too far over your head, imbecile. In your ONE case, you found three guys who had a thing about police in that particular police station and were out to settle a score with those officers. They were after particular cops, not just to shoot up a police station which was my obvious point. And at that, they got their asses handed to them and the only cop actually killed was killed by friendly fire, PROVING MY POINT twit that serial killers (which these three blacks were not) go after SOFT targets not hard targets where people will fight back.

GUNS SAVES LIVES and you're still a knucklehead.

geez.gif

Sorry if my analogy about soft targets was too far over your head, imbecile. In your ONE case, you found three guys who had a thing about police in that particular police station and were out to settle a score with those officers. They were after particular cops, not just to shoot up a police station which was my obvious point. And at that, they got their asses handed to them and the only cop actually killed was killed by friendly fire, PROVING MY POINT twit that serial killers (which these three blacks were not) go after SOFT targets not hard targets where people will fight back.

Sorry, I don't read the ramblings of a proven liar.

geez.gif

Sorry, I don't read the ramblings of a proven liar.

Go take your meds, shitstain. You're a proven jackass.

Are you really this dumb...? It is the democrats who keep letting violent criminals out of prison...you dope...

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

----

In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

From 2012 to 2014, more than 11,700 felony weapon charges were filed in Delaware, and in most cases, the weapon was a gun. Yet, 71 percent of those charges disappeared before trials began.

==========

Top cop laments violence as 66 shot, 5 fatally, over long Fourth of July weekend

Between last Wednesday and Friday, 42 people were charged with felony gun-related offenses, he said, but only 15 remain in custody.

That lack of accountability for gun offenders has damaged the Police Department’s relationship with the communities most beset by violence, Johnson said, making victims of crimes less likely to cooperate with officers.
-----
“It’s not about mass incarceration. It’s not about having quotas. But when somebody has a demonstrated track record of being a violent gun offender, that should say something to the judges who are making decisions about bail. They shouldn’t be out on the street,” Lightfoot said. “We can’t keep our communities safe if people just keep cycling through the system because what that says to them is, I can do whatever I want, I can carry whatever I want, I can shoot up a crowd and I’m going to be back on the street. How does that make sense? It doesn’t.”
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/criminal_justice_reform_comes_home_to_roost.html
=======

CWB Chicago: You Be The Judge: We give you the case details. You try to guess their bail amount.

McKay was sentenced to four years for robbery in 2008; two years for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon (firearm) in 2010; seven years for being a felon in possession of a weapon (firearm) in 2012; and three years for possession of fentanyl in 2016.
-----
For McKay, who has two gun convictions and a robbery conviction, Willis set bail at….$5,000. McKay will need to put down a 10% deposit of $500 to go free. Willis also ordered him to go on electronic monitoring if he is released.

Some details that Willis did not know:
• McKay’s 2008 robbery conviction involved an armed carjacking. Prosecutors reduced the charge to “ordinary” robbery as part of a plea deal.• In 2012, McKay’s second gun case also included allegations that he fired the weapon. Prosecutors dropped the weapon discharge count and seven other weapons charges in a plea deal.• The 2016 drug possession charge started as allegations of manufacture-delivery of fentanyl, but, again, prosecutors pleaded that down to possession.

Are you really this dumb...? It is the democrats who keep letting violent criminals out of prison...you dope...

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

----

In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

From 2012 to 2014, more than 11,700 felony weapon charges were filed in Delaware, and in most cases, the weapon was a gun. Yet, 71 percent of those charges disappeared before trials began.

==========

Top cop laments violence as 66 shot, 5 fatally, over long Fourth of July weekend

Between last Wednesday and Friday, 42 people were charged with felony gun-related offenses, he said, but only 15 remain in custody.

That lack of accountability for gun offenders has damaged the Police Department’s relationship with the communities most beset by violence, Johnson said, making victims of crimes less likely to cooperate with officers.
-----
“It’s not about mass incarceration. It’s not about having quotas. But when somebody has a demonstrated track record of being a violent gun offender, that should say something to the judges who are making decisions about bail. They shouldn’t be out on the street,” Lightfoot said. “We can’t keep our communities safe if people just keep cycling through the system because what that says to them is, I can do whatever I want, I can carry whatever I want, I can shoot up a crowd and I’m going to be back on the street. How does that make sense? It doesn’t.”
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/criminal_justice_reform_comes_home_to_roost.html
=======

CWB Chicago: You Be The Judge: We give you the case details. You try to guess their bail amount.

McKay was sentenced to four years for robbery in 2008; two years for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon (firearm) in 2010; seven years for being a felon in possession of a weapon (firearm) in 2012; and three years for possession of fentanyl in 2016.
-----
For McKay, who has two gun convictions and a robbery conviction, Willis set bail at….$5,000. McKay will need to put down a 10% deposit of $500 to go free. Willis also ordered him to go on electronic monitoring if he is released.

Some details that Willis did not know:
• McKay’s 2008 robbery conviction involved an armed carjacking. Prosecutors reduced the charge to “ordinary” robbery as part of a plea deal.• In 2012, McKay’s second gun case also included allegations that he fired the weapon. Prosecutors dropped the weapon discharge count and seven other weapons charges in a plea deal.• The 2016 drug possession charge started as allegations of manufacture-delivery of fentanyl, but, again, prosecutors pleaded that down to possession.

I hate republicans. Ban away.

Yeah, Antifa needs those guns and magazines that hold dozens of rounds, if they are gonna wipe out the nazi scum.

Care to explain that ? o_O How does it relate to giving mass shooters opportunity ? (not that it changes anything about mass shooters getting invitations to shoot in gun-free zones, knowing they'll be no opposition for them)
I have not seen a crazy gun that kills people. I have seen crazy people who wants to kill people. The Liberals have a goal and that is the ending gun ownership, and removing them from the public. Now then the Criminals will not have any problem with a law, they just don't turn theirs in.

That's one of the rebuttals, of course. Gun free zones are the abominations that have caused dozens of people to be killed in mass shootings, you don't know ?

I walk in fear every time I set foot unarmed,inside my local VA hospital (a gun-free zone)

Funny, I don't have that same problem when I am at the VA. In fact, it's one of the safest places on the earth. Of course, I do realize there are fruitcakes like you that get wet dreams about carrying guns and wasting away everyone around them because you think we are all out to get you. But the VA Hospital is one of the few places with a Mental Ward capable of helping you.

They also have a ward for those Progressives that cry a lot and scream at the sky. Loud noise does make you heart beat faster on july the 4th. They won't let you smoke or vape so think twice.

.You can start with the renewal of the violence against women act that the NRA pushed the GOP in the house to oppose because it dared flag stalkers and domestic abusers in unmarried situations like it would in marital situations. Happened just this year

On the other hand:

"On Monday, the Senate is expected to vote on reauthorizing and expanding the so-called Violence against Women Act (VAWA). This unconstitutional law was originally signed by President Clinton in 1994 and has shown no signs of actually reducing violence against women. The real purpose of the VAWA is to shell out taxpayer dollars to liberal organizations that help elect Democrats—which is why the reauthorization bill passed out of committee on a straight party-line vote."

Reasons to Oppose the So-Called Violence Against Women Act | FreedomWorks

VAWA is nothing more than an excuse to oppress men.

"H.R. 6545 diminishes the seriousness of violent DV (domestic violence) by categorizing and equating it with churlish but non-violent behavior, like online harassment; this trivializes DV and it draws attention away from its neediest victims."

"The new definition also criminalizes common acts that occur in normal relationships or break-ups, like hurling insults during a fight or phoning a partner repeatedly. Normal and non-violent behavior during moments of stress should not be treated as a police matter. Moreover, the vagueness and elasticity of the DV definition invites frivolous or false allegations, which could raise skepticism about all accusations and prevent victims from coming forward."

"H.R. 6545 confuses true DV with petty infractions, most of which are already addressed by laws against stalking or other forms of harassment. In doing so, the bill depreciates those who are physically abused and makes them less likely to speak out. It also criminalizes normal behavior, placing innocent men and women at risk of frivolous or false accusations."

Violence Against Women Act diminishes the seriousness of domestic violence

Try looking at something other than leftist propaganda sources.

The cops can't get there....you can't count on a neighbor...the politicians can't protect you....you must protect yourself....that is why we have the 2nd amendment...
You are right in that the Cops are not going to be sitting on the corner. In the Old Days in Fla, My zone was 22 miles long and ran 100 miles in to the Everglades, now just what do you have to protect you if I was in the Glades or at the Truck Stop out on SR 27...You have about 1 hour and that is if it was a hot call. You are on your own Buddy for about 1 hour and 22 mins and that is if I think you are shooting back. That is just how long it was, now I understand it take about 14 mins or more and I know a lot of crap can happen in that time period, and you are on your own. Sure take the guns away and I can just do a body count of the good guys.

Democrats tell us we should ban AR-15s because they can shoot a lot of people in a short time. Then they advocate for law abiding citizens to NOT be armed with the very weapon that could protect them from criminals with AR-15's until the police arrive.

Democrats tell us we should ban AR-15s because they can shoot a lot of people in a short time. Then they advocate for law abiding citizens to NOT be armed with the very weapon that could protect them from criminals with AR-15's until the police arrive.

How many people would you say whose AR was banned, actually gave it up?

.You can start with the renewal of the violence against women act that the NRA pushed the GOP in the house to oppose because it dared flag stalkers and domestic abusers in unmarried situations like it would in marital situations. Happened just this year

On the other hand:

"On Monday, the Senate is expected to vote on reauthorizing and expanding the so-called Violence against Women Act (VAWA). This unconstitutional law was originally signed by President Clinton in 1994 and has shown no signs of actually reducing violence against women. The real purpose of the VAWA is to shell out taxpayer dollars to liberal organizations that help elect Democrats—which is why the reauthorization bill passed out of committee on a straight party-line vote."

Reasons to Oppose the So-Called Violence Against Women Act | FreedomWorks

VAWA is nothing more than an excuse to oppress men.

"H.R. 6545 diminishes the seriousness of violent DV (domestic violence) by categorizing and equating it with churlish but non-violent behavior, like online harassment; this trivializes DV and it draws attention away from its neediest victims."

"The new definition also criminalizes common acts that occur in normal relationships or break-ups, like hurling insults during a fight or phoning a partner repeatedly. Normal and non-violent behavior during moments of stress should not be treated as a police matter. Moreover, the vagueness and elasticity of the DV definition invites frivolous or false allegations, which could raise skepticism about all accusations and prevent victims from coming forward."

"H.R. 6545 confuses true DV with petty infractions, most of which are already addressed by laws against stalking or other forms of harassment. In doing so, the bill depreciates those who are physically abused and makes them less likely to speak out. It also criminalizes normal behavior, placing innocent men and women at risk of frivolous or false accusations."

Violence Against Women Act diminishes the seriousness of domestic violence

Try looking at something other than leftist propaganda sources.

I will try looking at something other than a 6 year old right wing article about the last time it was renewed, not the current renewal. Got something from 2019, chump?

Forum List

Back