Dems Give Charlie Rangel Standing Ovation For Being Unethical...

I pretty much disagree with Rangel as it pertains to just about every initiative and policy.

The man made mistakes. So did I. The man got caught becuase he has an entire party watching his every move. I didnt get caught becuase no one gives a crap about me.

The man deserved to be called out and yes, and he deserves to be applauded for his service.

He did nothing horribly wrong. He made some mistakes.

Time to move on.

I pretty much disagree with Rangel as it pertains to just about every initiative and policy.

The man made mistakes. So did I. The man got caught becuase he has an entire party watching his every move. I didnt get caught becuase no one gives a crap about me.

The man deserved to be called out and yes, and he deserves to be applauded for his service.

Time to move on.

He does deserve to be applauded for his service. As he deserved to be punished for the screw ups...

He got both.

I'm ok with that. But he really should have taken the deal.

Time to move on.

He does deserve to be applauded for his service. As he deserved to be punished for the screw ups...

He got both.

That was his choice....and not my place to say he made the wrong decision.

Who was the last person before him to be censured and what was their infraction?

Standing Ovation for being corrupt? Man i thought i saw everything in Congress. The Democrats just hit a new low for our U.S. Congress. How sad.

Who cares??

Rangel is under discussion not the last censured idiot in Congress. Jeeze.

Last edited:

Time to move on.

He got both.

I totally agree. His service is to be respected. It is disappointing that someone who once served his country so admirably forgot the importance of honor. But he is human and we all make mistakes.

I am of the opinion that our Congressmen should be allowed to be human, and we should not expect them to be perfect.

Who cares??

We're discussing Rangel and what he did. Jeeze.

The point is...why was he censured?

All others were for true corruption and seriously lewd behavior.

Bear in mind, Rangel never hid from his returns the apartemnts nor did he hide from the returns his place in the tropics.

He simply did not pay a total of 10K in taxes over 20 years.....a total of about 500 bucks a year.

Think he truly did that for personal gain?

Rangle did not benifit personally from his actions.

That is what the inqueiry found.

Was he wrong ...YES

has he paid dearly...Yes

Has he paid as dearly as people who had simular infractions...... NO , he was made to pay more.

He was appaulded because the man has done good things in his life in the congress.

He made mistakes that he should have to suffer the consequences for. He should be made an example of to create a deterrent for others.

But, there have been others that have made far worse mistakes in recent years. If you were to rank the worst offences by members of Congress over the last 10-15 years, Rangel is by no means the worst of the bunch.

That's unfortunate, but true. Most were Republicans.

Wrong decision my ass.

Doing something once or twice might be a wrong decision or two or something to chalk up to sloppiness. But there is no way in hell fatso Charlie didn't know he was required to report his rental income and pay the appropriate taxes on it. But he repeatedly chose not to do so for 17 freaking years. He was chairman of the Ways and Means Committee that writes the damn tax laws for God's sake. Should have sent him packing back to Harlem, but the Washington crowd takes care of their own.

Who cares??

We're discussing Rangel and what he did. Jeeze.

The point is...why was he censured?

All others were for true corruption and seriously lewd behavior.

Bear in mind, Rangel never hid from his returns the apartemnts nor did he hide from the returns his place in the tropics.

He simply did not pay a total of 10K in taxes over 20 years.....a total of about 500 bucks a year.

Think he truly did that for personal gain?

No, I've never thought it was about personal gain. It was his attitude that I disliked, not the actual act. I could have cut him some slack on what happened, but not on his arrogant and dismissive behavior.

As I said, I don't expect them to be perfect, but I do expect a little humility from our elected officials. I am tired of the total arrogance of congresscritters.... they would all do well to remember who they serve.

Standing Ovation? Come on people. Don't defend the indefensible.

It is defensible. He served our country with honor. It is a shame that he allowed this to tarnish his military record... but.... his military service deserved recognition. I have no problem with anyone applauding that.

Forum List

Back