Dems gain control of the Wisconsin Senate

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
MILWAUKEE -- There may be a glimmer of good news for Wisconsin Democrats despite last night’s convincing win by Republican Scott Walker in the recall race for governor.

After a vote tabulation glitch in Racine County, Democrat John Lehman appears to have come out on top in a state senate recall that late Tuesday night looked like it was going the way of incumbent Republican Van Wanggard. The margin is less than 1,000 votes, and Wanggard has yet to concede though Lehman, who held the seat until 2010, declared victory.

It’s only one seat, but that’s enough for now to flip control of the state senate from the GOP to Democrats, a change that could in theory make things harder for Walker to impose his conservative agenda in Madison.

Democrats gain control of Senate in Wisconsin recall election - latimes.com

The WI GOP loses control of one branch of the government and call it a victory.

I don't remember anyone on the right calling it a Democratic victory when the Democrats lost control of the House in 2010.

I guess the threshold for what qualifies as nonsense has been raised by the Right again.

So the Dems will make it hard for Walker to keep doing what helps the state, and so the next election more Dems will be thrown out. The circle of Life.

MILWAUKEE -- There may be a glimmer of good news for Wisconsin Democrats despite last night’s convincing win by Republican Scott Walker in the recall race for governor.

After a vote tabulation glitch in Racine County, Democrat John Lehman appears to have come out on top in a state senate recall that late Tuesday night looked like it was going the way of incumbent Republican Van Wanggard. The margin is less than 1,000 votes, and Wanggard has yet to concede though Lehman, who held the seat until 2010, declared victory.

It’s only one seat, but that’s enough for now to flip control of the state senate from the GOP to Democrats, a change that could in theory make things harder for Walker to impose his conservative agenda in Madison.

Are you saying the dems should block any legislation Walker proposes?
And if so you claim that is a good thing?

It's what he's hoping.

I don't remember anyone on the right calling it a Democratic victory when the Democrats lost control of the House in 2010.

I guess the threshold for what qualifies as nonsense has been raised by the Right again.

The GOP retained control of 2 branches of government, and that is a victory, moron.

As for the Senate, 16 senate seats are up for re-election in November. Your Democratic control of 1/3 of WI government may be short lived.

The GOP retained control of 2 branches of government, and that is a victory, moron.

As for the Senate, 16 senate seats are up for re-election in November. Your Democratic control of 1/3 of WI government may be short lived.

Yep. Inconsequential.

I don't think "he's" saying anything, it was a "copy and paste" post with no attention to original thought whatsoever.

Again, for the mental midgets like yourself:

The Wisconsin Senate is in recession for the rest of the term... Nothing will be voted on nless there's an emergency...

In November, half the Senate seats are up for grabs... Also, there has been a redistricting that does not favor you party-firster democratics...

I laugh at you...:lol:

I don't think "he's" saying anything, it was a "copy and paste" post with no attention to original thought whatsoever.

But I want to know if he agrees with it as he appears to.
Because if he does then he has to agree that what the repubs in the US House are doing is right as well.

How about a bet Chris?

IF Walker is indicted within the next 6 months, I leave the board forever... IP ban.
IF Walker is NOT indicted within the next 6 months, YOU leave the board forever, IP ban.

Deal?

Not to mention the fact that decency, honesty and integrity often over-rides party affiliation.

Blue-dog Democrats and traditional Reagan Democrats can (and WILL) show that the interest of the people is more important than being Democrats.

Dunno. Were you fine with it when Boehner, Cantor and O'Connell did?

Would that upset you?

The Wisconsin Senate is in recession for the rest of the term... Nothing will be voted on nless there's an emergency...

It’s only one seat, but that’s enough for now to flip control of the state Senate from the GOP to Democrats ...

Nothing will be voted on nless there's an emergency...

that is the concession the Democrats accomplished ... not just one seat but three including last year.

the Democrats had nothing to lose going into the Recall and potentially gained a seat / control of the WI Senate.

Last edited:

Damn straight. Someone had to stop Obama from destroying the economy completely.
And I will have no problem with the dems in WI blocking legislation. I think the less government does the better. Plus at least we won't have to see the dems become sissies agains and flee the state like the pussies they showed themselves to be.

Damn straight. Someone had to stop Obama from destroying the economy completely.
And I will have no problem with the dems in WI blocking legislation. I think the less government does the better. Plus at least we won't have to see the dems become sissies agains and flee the state like the pussies they showed themselves to be.

Okay - cool then. It's all good when the shoe is on the other foot. :)

You tell us: is it a good strategy?

Forum List

Back