Dems find voters don't care about the Mueller report

Trump and his band of merry men, are fighting to keep immigrants out. Most republicans know that immigration is vital to the future of America.

You are just kidding yourself with that statement. If "most Republicans" thought that, Jeb Bush or John Kasich would have been our nominee against Hilary. The fact is that Trump's distinct difference against the over dozen other candidates was his stance on the border. It's a stance no other contender came close to.
Trump did run not on an anti-immigrant policy. That came later. Granted he appealed to racists and xenophobes but there were lots of republicans that were not of that genre.

Polls and studies show that a majority of republican support legal immigration, a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, and on the need for immigration reform agree with democrats.

Well you can go by polls, and I'll go by election results, fair enough?

Yes, Trump's main message was immigration right from the beginning. If you'd like, I'll post the videos of the primaries.

The candidates who talked about immigration reform and path to citizenship were the first to be kicked out of the race. We know immigration reform simply means giving into the Democrats. Path to citizenship is like saying now that you broke our laws, we are going to reward you with citizenship. Legal immigration? We've had that for many years, so what's the point of discussing it? We allow a million foreigners a year to join our society as new citizens and no other country in the world comes close to our generosity.

Racist and xenophobes? Let me ask: what other race of people outside liberal whites would be stupid enough to support a party trying to make them a minority in their own country? Only liberal whites would do that, and if you resist that goal, you're a racist xenophobe.
So when republicans flood the market with low wage workers because the corporations want that, you’ll blame us.

Worry about rinos. Or are you the rino? Your party is divided.

All trump has to tell you is we need them and you’ll Chang your tune.

No, the RINOs and moderates told us that, and that’s why they lost.

Why do you assume all corporations are Republican? Is Apple owned by Republicans, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, Starbucks, Costco’s, Target?

Yes I blame you. It’s your party fighting to let these people in. It’s your party fighting the wall. It’s your party that stopped Kate’s Law. It’s your party creating sanctuary states. It’s your leftist judges stopping Trump when he takes action trying to slow down the flow.

Who else should we blame?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
You are being conned. It's a small little fringe group "fighting" to keep "them" here. You are so easily manipulated.

Like I said, there will come a day when the economy is starving for workers and Republicans will tell you that there are more jobs available than there are workers. So we need immigrants. That's what they will tell you. And that will be long before wages go up in any meaningful way.

You think Republicans are going to raise wages? The corporations are who they serve and they want low wages. That's why they flooded the market with illegals in the first place. That's why McCain said they were here just doing jobs American's won't do. Which was a lie. But all you Republicans went along. Today they are tapping at your racist funny bone. They are trying to appeal to the racists in your party. That is how Trump won the election.

I myself don't like illegal, EMPLOYERS. If we went after them the problem would be solved.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

We were on the right side of this issue back in 2006. Trump is tapping into what we were saying back then.

There will always be some liberals crying for refuges. Well they do have some rights don't they? This all seems staged to me to be honest.

Yes, Immigration Hurts American Workers

Trump: “Decades of record immigration have produced lower wages and higher unemployment for our citizens, especially for African-American and Latino workers,” he told the cheering crowd. But he was telling only half the story.

Hillary Clinton, for her part, seemed to be telling only the other half. At her convention a week later, Clinton claimed that immigrants, both legal and illegal, improve the economy for everyone. She told the crowd: “I believe that when we have millions of hardworking immigrants contributing to our economy, it would be self-defeating and inhumane to try to kick them out. Comprehensive immigration reform will grow our economy.”

Here’s the problem with the current immigration debate: Neither side is revealing the whole picture. Trump might cite my work, but he overlooks my findings that the influx of immigrants can potentially be a net good for the nation, increasing the total wealth of the population. Clinton ignores the hard truth that not everyone benefits when immigrants arrive. For many Americans, the influx of immigrants hurts their prospects significantly.

This second message might be hard for many Americans to process, but anyone who tells you that immigration doesn’t have any negative effects doesn’t understand how it really works. When the supply of workers goes up, the price that firms have to pay to hire workers goes down. Wage trends over the past half-century suggest that a 10 percent increase in the number of workers with a particular set of skills probably lowers the wage of that group by at least 3 percent. Even after the economy has fully adjusted, those skill groups that received the most immigrants will still offer lower pay relative to those that received fewer immigrants.

Both low- and high-skilled natives are affected by the influx of immigrants. But because a disproportionate percentage of immigrants have few skills, it is low-skilled American workers, including many blacks and Hispanics, who have suffered most from this wage dip. The monetary loss is sizable. The typical high school dropout earns about $25,000 annually. According to census data, immigrants admitted in the past two decades lacking a high school diploma have increased the size of the low-skilled workforce by roughly 25 percent. As a result, the earnings of this particularly vulnerable group dropped by between $800 and $1,500 each year.

We don’t need to rely on complex statistical calculations to see the harm being done to some workers. Simply look at how employers have reacted. A decade ago, Crider Inc., a chicken processing plant in Georgia, was raided by immigration agents, and 75 percent of its workforce vanished over a single weekend. Shortly after, Crider placed an ad in the local newspaper announcing job openings at higher wages.

Trump and his band of merry men, are fighting to keep immigrants out. Most republicans know that immigration is vital to the future of America.

You are just kidding yourself with that statement. If "most Republicans" thought that, Jeb Bush or John Kasich would have been our nominee against Hilary. The fact is that Trump's distinct difference against the over dozen other candidates was his stance on the border. It's a stance no other contender came close to.
Trump did run not on an anti-immigrant policy. That came later. Granted he appealed to racists and xenophobes but there were lots of republicans that were not of that genre.

Polls and studies show that a majority of republican support legal immigration, a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, and on the need for immigration reform agree with democrats.

Yes, Trump's main message was immigration right from the beginning. If you'd like, I'll post the videos of the primaries.

The candidates who talked about immigration reform and path to citizenship were the first to be kicked out of the race. We know immigration reform simply means giving into the Democrats. Path to citizenship is like saying now that you broke our laws, we are going to reward you with citizenship. Legal immigration? We've had that for many years, so what's the point of discussing it? We allow a million foreigners a year to join our society as new citizens and no other country in the world comes close to our generosity.

Racist and xenophobes? Let me ask: what other race of people outside liberal whites would be stupid enough to support a party trying to make them a minority in their own country? Only liberal whites would do that, and if you resist that goal, you're a racist xenophobe.
So when republicans flood the market with low wage workers because the corporations want that, you’ll blame us.

Why do you assume all corporations are Republican? Is Apple owned by Republicans, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, Starbucks, Costco’s, Target?

Yes I blame you. It’s your party fighting to let these people in. It’s your party fighting the wall. It’s your party that stopped Kate’s Law. It’s your party creating sanctuary states. It’s your leftist judges stopping Trump when he takes action trying to slow down the flow.

Remember I told you this issue is just one of many ways the rich have redistributed wealth?

But that’s only one side of the story. Somebody’s lower wage is always somebody else’s higher profit. In this case, immigration redistributes wealth from those who compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the employee to the employer. And the additional profits are so large that the economic pie accruing to all natives actually grows. I estimate the current “immigration surplus”—the net increase in the total wealth of the native population—to be about$50 billion annually. But behind that calculation is a much larger shift from one group of Americans to another: The total wealth redistribution from the native losers to the native winners is enormous, roughly a half-trillion dollars a year. Immigrants, too, gain substantially; their total earnings far exceed what their income would have been had they not migrated.

Instead, it has changed how the pie is split, with the losers—the workers who compete with immigrants, many of those being low-skilled Americans—sending a roughly $500 billion check annually to the winners. Those winners are primarily their employers. And the immigrants themselves come out ahead, too. Put bluntly, immigration turns out to be just another income redistribution program.

If a person dies prior to retirement, leaving a spouse and or dependent children both the spouse and the children receive survivor benefits. Yes, it is a fraction of the accumulated benefits but a large one.

My daughter with 4 kids lost her husband 6 years ago. The total survivor benefit for her and the kids was just short of $55,000 a year. They have received that amount for 6 years. This year it will go down because one child has reached age 18. Without that benefit, the family would have lost their home, my daughter would have had 2 jobs and would have never been able to raise her kids properly, complete her education, and have the good paying job she has today.

Survivor benefits as well as disability benefits are huge benefits to working class families. You won't find any mutual fund family providing those benefits nor any guarantee of any specific benefit. It all depends on financial markets.

If you die when retired, your spouse has the option of drawing your retirement or hers, depending on which is greater.

You keep thinking of social security as a retirement plan. It is not. It is neither a retirement plan nor a pension plan. It's a government program providing economic security for millions of Americans—retirees, disabled persons, and families of retired, disabled or deceased workers. It is financed by employee and employer contributions.

Without Social Security millions of Americans would make no provisions for disability, survivor benefits for spouse and family, and subsistence in old age. Government would have to provide assistance leaving the taxpayer on the hook.

Retirement plans that take into account social security is the best answer to a problem we all face, growing older and the possibly of disability or death leaving our families with no financial support.

The tax benefits of retirement plans coupled with employer contributions make it possible for every working American to have a secure retirement and depending on financial markets, a very comfortable retirement.
Middle class republicans really hav no business voting republican. Theyre fucking themselves just to stop other people from having abortions. Or because they think gays blacks and immigrants are invading.

Meanwhile republicans are going to pass the policies that spoil their hopes of ever retiring.
PEOPLE WHO VOTE REPUBLICAN ARE VOTING AGAINST THEIR BEST INTERESTS WHAT IS IN THEIR BEST INTERESTED IS VOTING DEMOCRAT I KNOW BECAUSE DEMOCRATS TOLD ME SO
It’s obvious. Are you middle class? Are you struggling to save? Then keep voting republican. That will change.

Let me know when you’ve maga
I'm middle class. I'm doing fine.

I'm a conservative, white, Christian veteran. The Democratic Party has made it quite clear they're not interested in my values, and that I exist solely to fund their vote-buying schemes.

I don't see the attraction in voting for a party that hates me.
The gop says you got it too good. Cuts to your social security, Medicare etc
At best, that's a reason not to vote GOP.

So why should I vote for the Democratic Party, whose platform is based on hatred for what I am?

Middle class republicans really hav no business voting republican. Theyre fucking themselves just to stop other people from having abortions. Or because they think gays blacks and immigrants are invading.

Meanwhile republicans are going to pass the policies that spoil their hopes of ever retiring.
PEOPLE WHO VOTE REPUBLICAN ARE VOTING AGAINST THEIR BEST INTERESTS WHAT IS IN THEIR BEST INTERESTED IS VOTING DEMOCRAT I KNOW BECAUSE DEMOCRATS TOLD ME SO
It’s obvious. Are you middle class? Are you struggling to save? Then keep voting republican. That will change.

I'm a conservative, white, Christian veteran. The Democratic Party has made it quite clear they're not interested in my values, and that I exist solely to fund their vote-buying schemes.

Hey, bobo -- you seem to be deliberately pretending my post doesn't exist.

Why should I vote for a party that hates me?
It doesn’t hate you it just doesn’t hate everyone else with you
Oh, well, then I'll IMMEDIATELY rush out and change my party affiliation.

Hey, bobo -- you seem to be deliberately pretending my post doesn't exist.

Why should I vote for a party that hates me?
Are you admitting you’re a vile bigot?
I'm what I said...a conservative, white, Christian veteran.

If you're claiming that makes me a vile bigot, that's only your own bigotry speaking.

Which part of me do you hate the most? My conservatism, my race, my faith, or my service in uniform?
You said it. You’re a conservative. We don’t hate you we disagree with your politics.

Thanks for proving its republicans who ramp up the rhetoric.

If I hated you guys I would use the word hate. Hate never comes out of my keyboard douchbag.

Why do you hate us liberals?

Bottom line is gop policies have hurt you over the last 50 years. They’ve made the rich richer and middle class workers poorer. Shifted the tax burden more on us. They hire illegal aliens for god sakes and sent our high paying jobs overseas.

Anyways, you’ll blame liberals. So tell me, why don’t the rich vot Democratic if it was us who make them richer over the past 50 years?

Republicans and corporations agree you haven’t deserved a raise in 50 years but CEOs pay went up 178% in that same time. Wake up dumb whit boy. You don’t have the luxury to vot gop. Just look at your savings. See? Stupid
"Wake up, dumb white boy."

Yeah, no hatred there.

You're dismissed.

Remember I told you this issue is just one of many ways the rich have redistributed wealth?

But that’s only one side of the story. Somebody’s lower wage is always somebody else’s higher profit. In this case, immigration redistributes wealth from those who compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the employee to the employer. And the additional profits are so large that the economic pie accruing to all natives actually grows. I estimate the current “immigration surplus”—the net increase in the total wealth of the native population—to be about$50 billion annually. But behind that calculation is a much larger shift from one group of Americans to another: The total wealth redistribution from the native losers to the native winners is enormous, roughly a half-trillion dollars a year. Immigrants, too, gain substantially; their total earnings far exceed what their income would have been had they not migrated.

Instead, it has changed how the pie is split, with the losers—the workers who compete with immigrants, many of those being low-skilled Americans—sending a roughly $500 billion check annually to the winners. Those winners are primarily their employers. And the immigrants themselves come out ahead, too. Put bluntly, immigration turns out to be just another income redistribution program.

Fine, then why is the left protecting that program? Why was the longest government shutdown in American history over these immigrants your side is fighting to keep here and expand?

If it were wealthy people getting wealthier, that would be one problem. But the real problem is that companies that use illegals pass that profit to their customers and unfairly put their competition out of business.

You are being conned. It's a small little fringe group "fighting" to keep "them" here. You are so easily manipulated.

Like I said, there will come a day when the economy is starving for workers and Republicans will tell you that there are more jobs available than there are workers. So we need immigrants. That's what they will tell you. And that will be long before wages go up in any meaningful way.

You think Republicans are going to raise wages? The corporations are who they serve and they want low wages. That's why they flooded the market with illegals in the first place. That's why McCain said they were here just doing jobs American's won't do. Which was a lie. But all you Republicans went along. Today they are tapping at your racist funny bone. They are trying to appeal to the racists in your party. That is how Trump won the election.

I myself don't like illegal, EMPLOYERS. If we went after them the problem would be solved.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

We were on the right side of this issue back in 2006. Trump is tapping into what we were saying back then.

There will always be some liberals crying for refuges. Well they do have some rights don't they? This all seems staged to me to be honest.

Think of it anyway you like. But we conservatives and our leaders want to put a stop to illegal immigration whether you believe it or not. At least we are taking action or trying to take action. What has your side been doing? Oh, that's right, not allowing Republicans to build a wall because they say (with zero supporting evidence) that a wall will not work.

I don't call the entire Democrat party a "small fringe" of people. And yes, the entire party wants more illegals. Oh, and here is a list of those small fringe of people. It's a list of all the Sanctuary cities in the US:

List of Sanctuary cities

As the Mueller report looms, Democrats find voters would rather talk 'kitchen-table' issues

LEESBURG, Va. — House Democrats pushing for the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian election interference say they are not hearing much interest on the subject from their constituents back home...…

Now that the public is realizing just how bad they've been duped into this hoax...…..they don't care anymore. The people are more interested in what really effects their own daily lives and maybe, just maybe the DC Dumocrats might get their heads out of their asses and get on with real issues instead of trying to fester the TDS pimple on their noses.

33036447fdhhb_sm.png

Maybe the are immune to all the corruption coming from the Trump administration

So all the “fake news” was true. A hostile foreign power intervened in the presidential election, hoping to install Donald Trump in the White House. The Trump campaign was aware of this intervention and welcomed it. And once in power, Trump tried to block any inquiry into what happened.

Never mind attempts to spin this story as somehow not meeting some definitions of collusion or obstruction of justice. The fact is that the occupant of the White House betrayed his country. And the question everyone is asking is, what will Democrats do about it?

But notice that the question is only about Democrats. Everyone (correctly) takes it as a given that Republicans will do nothing. Why?

Because the modern GOP is perfectly willing to sell out America if that’s what it takes to get tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans may not think of it in those terms, but that’s what their behavior amounts to.

The truth is that the GOP faced its decisive test in 2016, when almost everyone in the Republican establishment lined up behind a man fully known to be a would-be authoritarian who was unfit morally, temperamentally and intellectually for high office.

In their chilling book “How Democracies Die,” Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt call this “the great Republican abdication.” The party’s willingness to back behavior it would have called treasonous if a Democrat did it is just more of the same.

The great Republican abdication

As the Mueller report looms, Democrats find voters would rather talk 'kitchen-table' issues

LEESBURG, Va. — House Democrats pushing for the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian election interference say they are not hearing much interest on the subject from their constituents back home...…

Now that the public is realizing just how bad they've been duped into this hoax...…..they don't care anymore. The people are more interested in what really effects their own daily lives and maybe, just maybe the DC Dumocrats might get their heads out of their asses and get on with real issues instead of trying to fester the TDS pimple on their noses.

33036447fdhhb_sm.png

Maybe the are immune to all the corruption coming from the Trump administration

So all the “fake news” was true. A hostile foreign power intervened in the presidential election, hoping to install Donald Trump in the White House. The Trump campaign was aware of this intervention and welcomed it. And once in power, Trump tried to block any inquiry into what happened.

Never mind attempts to spin this story as somehow not meeting some definitions of collusion or obstruction of justice. The fact is that the occupant of the White House betrayed his country. And the question everyone is asking is, what will Democrats do about it?

But notice that the question is only about Democrats. Everyone (correctly) takes it as a given that Republicans will do nothing. Why?

Because the modern GOP is perfectly willing to sell out America if that’s what it takes to get tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans may not think of it in those terms, but that’s what their behavior amounts to.

The truth is that the GOP faced its decisive test in 2016, when almost everyone in the Republican establishment lined up behind a man fully known to be a would-be authoritarian who was unfit morally, temperamentally and intellectually for high office.

In their chilling book “How Democracies Die,” Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt call this “the great Republican abdication.” The party’s willingness to back behavior it would have called treasonous if a Democrat did it is just more of the same.

The great Republican abdication

Yeah??? You just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better......but you better :bigboy: for the day of reckoning that's coming

That really frosts them

It was only a month ago that many Democrats were hoping Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election would lead to indictments — perhaps even of President Donald Trump’s family and inner circle — for conspiring with the Russians. This story is now entirely about politics.

There is no disagreement about the central facts of the investigation: It found no conspiracy, and aside from some far-fetched possible instances of obstruction of justice, it did not recommend prosecution.

Mueller himself had told Barr in a phone call that he did not believe Barr's letter about the Mueller report was inaccurate.

Since Trump won the 2016 election, the Fake News narrative has been that he might be a Russian asset or may have conspired with Russia has been a near article of faith for the resistance. Why didn't Mueller end all the speculation about a Trump-Russia conspiracy as soon as he found out it wasn’t true?

That really frosts them

It was only a month ago that many Democrats were hoping Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election would lead to indictments — perhaps even of President Donald Trump’s family and inner circle — for conspiring with the Russians. This story is now entirely about politics.

There is no disagreement about the central facts of the investigation: It found no conspiracy, and aside from some far-fetched possible instances of obstruction of justice, it did not recommend prosecution.

Mueller himself had told Barr in a phone call that he did not believe Barr's letter about the Mueller report was inaccurate.

Since Trump won the 2016 election, the Fake News narrative has been that he might be a Russian asset or may have conspired with Russia has been a near article of faith for the resistance. Why didn't Mueller end all the speculation about a Trump-Russia conspiracy as soon as he found out it wasn’t true?

And if Trump was in a conspiracy with Russia, why then did Russia provide false information to Steele for the dossier that was intended to ruin him?

That really frosts them

And if Trump was in a conspiracy with Russia, why then did Russia provide false information to Steele for the dossier that was intended to ruin him?
And if Russia was interfering with our election, why didn't Biden and Obama do something?

That really frosts them

And if Russia was interfering with our election, why didn't Biden and Obama do something?

Simple question, simple answer.

Forum List

Back