Dems Finally Admit: We're lying about healthcare

He can reduce the number by 540 billion in 10 years or half a trillion dollars..

I really wish you shallow minded right tards would do your research for a change.. I gets really tiresome to always correct you and point out your mistakes.. This thread is a joke!! There is no lie.. Unlike Bush, Obama wants to save the people of this nation money..

That last part wasn't to you Patek..

Frank....read what you wrote please.... $54 billion saved each year...for this 10 year plan, that would be $540 BILLION SAVED, not 54 billion ONLY?
yeah, by TORT REFORM

and Reid said the healthcare by contrast would cost $2 TRILLION
so $54 BILLION a year is nothing

jesus mary and joseph...

have some coffee :lol:

The healthcare bill/cost is 2 trillion FOR 10 YEARS.

The $54 billion SAVINGS was for EACH YEAR of those 10 years....

now take $54 billion and multiply it by 10yrs...there is your $540 billion out of the $2 trillion 10 YR COST.
yeah, but they arent doing TORT REFORM

MY mistake, I read franks post without listening to the the video, due to my slow connection... so i finally got to watch it and Reid is speaking about tort reform out of the total cost that America spends on Health Care each year....

not the 10 YEAR PLAN as I had thought and it appeared Frank was referring to

MY mistake, I read franks post without listening to the the video, due to my slow connection... so i finally got to watch it and Reid is speaking about tort reform out of the total cost that America spends on Health Care each year....

and saving $54 BILLION a year is a good start
then other real reforms(not the crap they are talking about) need to be done
like open up the insurance companies to sell across state lines, allow them to offer A La Carte packages

like open up the insurance companies to sell across state lines, allow them to offer A La Carte packages

You know, have you gone to Anthem's site for health insurance in maine?

I am in the market for health care insurance...anthem is my choice, and a poLicy for ME ALONE, non smoker, no babies to be, and taking no medications for anything, was $12,300 A YEAR, A YEAR ......A YEAR....$25000 a year for the two of us....

On a maine backwoods income, soooo I had to pass...

And did you see the article i had posted that said Anthem is suing Maine because they tried to raise those premiums by 18.9% and maine held them to a 11% increase and they want the state of maine to guarantee their profits? What bull crap...that would mean a policy for just matt and I, 2 healthy individuals would be $30,000 DOLLARS A YEAR

That's just bullshit.

Last edited:
There would be a HUGE rejection of Insurance companies if none of you had group plans that your work pays for the most of

I am in the market for health care insurance...anthem is my choice, and a poLicy for ME ALONE, non smoker, no babies to be, and taking no medications for anything, was $12,300 A YEAR, A YEAR ......A YEAR....$25000 a year for the two of us....

And did you see the article i had posted that said Anthem is suing Maine because they tried to raise those premiums by 18.9% and maine held them to a 11% increase and they want the state of maine to guarantee their profits? What bull crap...that would mean a policy for just matt and I, 2 healthy individuals would be $30,000 DOLLARS A YEAR

That's just bullshit.
i agree, that IS bullshit
but they have to charge you more as an individual to cover those they will pay out more than gets paid in
have you checked what employers pay per employee for health insurance annually?

and what makes you think the government can do it for less?
unless they make all doctors and nurses employees of the government and set their wages lower and take over the pharmaceutical companys and medical equipment companies, how will it be any less especially when some think "hey, free healthcare" and dont think twice about going to the ER for the sniffles

Last edited:
Catch the latest? There is a loophole in the health care bill. I know, who could have guessed? This one will allow insurance companies to charge MORE to those who smoke, drink, are overweight or have high cholestrol. Yes, yes, I know, show proof.

Overweight? Smoker? Health bills hit hard - Washington Post- msnbc.com

Your welcome.

If you're a higher risk shouldn't you pay a higher premium? New drivers pay more than older, more experienced drivers. As they should . . . they're in a higher risk group.

Agreed, but how will that make health care "affordable"?

listen asswipe, if they would lie about illegals not being covered. if they would lie about the cost, if they would lie about cutting benefits to seniors what in the hell makes you think they won't lie about it being more affordable. Are you with stupid?

Thank God Reid Finally Fess Up!

October 15, 2009
Harry Reid Admits Health Care Bill Will Cost $2 Trillion

HARRY REID: "He talked about CBO saying that there would be $54 billion saved each year if we put caps on medical malpractice and put some restrictions — tort reform — $54 billion. Sounds like a lot of money, doesnt it, Mr. President? The answer is yes. But remember, were talking about $2 trillion, $54 billion compared to $2 trillion. You can do the math. We can all do the math. Its a very small percent."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Harry Reid Admits Health Care Bill Will Cost $2 Trillion

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiessssssss

Dems are all Lies on HealthCare!

Two trillion represents the CURRENT SPENDING on health care, Crus.

We spend about 16% of the GDP ($14.26 trillion -- 2008 est.)

Do the math

.16 x $14.26 trillion = $2.27 TRILLION.

So nobody was lying, Crus.

The author of your blog is merely so ignorant (or so thoroughly dishonest...take your pick) about this subject that you were mislead.
I thought it was something like that, thanks for the info.

I fully expect CF to splice up a video of a speech where Obama says "death" and claim it is Obama wishing death on all of us.

That's just bullshit.
i agree, that IS bullshit
but they have to charge you more as an individual to cover those they will pay out more than gets paid in
have you checked what employers pay per employee for health insurance annually?

and what makes you think the government can do it for less?
unless they make all doctors and nurses employees of the government and set their wages lower and take over the pharmaceutical companys and medical equipment companies, how will it be any less especially when some think "hey, free healthcare" and dont think twice about going to the ER for the sniffles

How do they do it with Medicare? The Doctors and Hospitals are NOT OWNED BY THE GVT, they are in private business.

The government will NOT make doctors and hospital workers their employees for goodness sakes...what a strawman Dive.... shakes head.

They may have to cap prices paid for procedures, which IS ACCEPTABLE to me...the cost of health care has had double digit increases each year for over 10 years now...WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH.....?

Unless prices are capped, there will NEVER, EVER be affordable health care.

They could leave the system where it is right now and just set caps on prices for procedures...that could help solve some of our woes...

Tell me something, should government not help you get your insurance through your work? Should government not give your employer a tax write off for your health insurance premium that they pay the most of?

Government is funding YOUR health care, a portion of it, due to the tax savings they give to your employer...should THAT be STOPPED, since it is government helping you with your health care, and if everyone on the right does not think gvt should help anyone with their health care, let's START with YOUR and your counterparts health insurance FIRST, and kill the tax credit for employers that supply it for you.

See how long your employer continues to offer this benefit for you....

Why should my taxes go towards your health care expense?

See, this is what I do not understand about you cons, you say you do not want gvt involved in health care, yet you gladly accept medicare for yourselves when of age and you freely let the gvt fund your company to help pay for your health care...yet you all still say you want gvt out of health care...that's just bulloney...that can't be justified.....imo.

The fact is that health insurance reform will work well.

The problems? GOP oppose it on politics. The fringe loonies and liberatards oppose it because they simply can't stand the idea of regulation. All thirteen of them can get under the sheet and shiver, because reform is coming, period.

"But remember, were talking about $2 trillion"-- H. Reid

If you wondered if Democrats were intentionally trying to destroy the USA here's your proof.

THEY'RE LYING OUT IN THE FUCKING TRILLIONS COLUMN!

Hey pea brain...HOW"S THREE trillion sound? WHERE'S the outrage???

The three trillion dollar war

Hey pal you are wrong on this one. We haven't hit 1 trillion yet since 2001 for iraq and afghanistan combined.

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

No PAL...actually, 3 $trillion is a conservative estimate!

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

PLUS, we are comparing the cost of war, which is death and destruction to the cost of building. Reforming our broken health care system will save AMERICAN lives and remove a HUGE burden on our citizens, businesses and our economy...

Do ANY of you right wingers comprehend that the cost of doing NOTHING on health care is economic suicide?

That's just bullshit.

Why Anthem...what's wrong with Maine Aetna? It's 5 grand a year and a cadillac plan!!!

The fact is that health insurance reform will work well.

The problems? GOP oppose it on politics. The fringe loonies and liberatards oppose it because they simply can't stand the idea of regulation. All thirteen of them can get under the sheet and shiver, because reform is coming, period.

Actually someone posted a poll the other day from CBS that said about 60 % of the Rep's opposed it on politics and 60% of Dems favored it on politics. The scariest stat in that poll was this.

80% of the poll respondents didn't know what healthcare reform was!!!!!!!

There would be a HUGE rejection of Insurance companies if none of you had group plans that your work pays for the most of

You make a valid point but companies offer this benefit because it attracts the type of people they want working for them.

So you believe that they would still cover you with this benefit if tax dollars saved were not used to help pay for it?

I believe you are correct, that large companies did start offering health care as a benefit to get good employees that they were competing with the unions over...thus the health care coverage...at least, this is how it was in Massachusetts, where private companies were competing with many Union jobs with benefits...

But you realize that it has become too costly, for many businesses, and many businesses have been cutting health insurance as a benefit or increasing your yearly out of pocket expense to $10,000-15k before the plan comes in and pays for everything, or reducing the plan benefits....

And more and more will be dropping this as a benefit, they simply can not afford the cost and compete on a global market with businesses of the same nature....

but if you believe these businesses will continue it as a benefit, then we should take the tax write off away and save the expense....it is not fair that those without insurance should be fronting the health insurance or others when you all don't want to help front theirs...

All monies towards medical research and development on new treatments and new drugs should be stopped as well, if you all don't want gvt involved in health care.

All monies going towards hospital emergency rooms as well...

And all monies we give Doctors to become Doctors and medical school funding should be stopped as well....if you really want gvt out of the health care business...

If not a dime of our taxes were given towards medical and health care....THEN MAYBE, the prices would fall from mere revolt of the People.

Care

Thank God Reid Finally Fess Up!

October 15, 2009
Harry Reid Admits Health Care Bill Will Cost $2 Trillion

HARRY REID: "He talked about CBO saying that there would be $54 billion saved each year if we put caps on medical malpractice and put some restrictions — tort reform — $54 billion. Sounds like a lot of money, doesnt it, Mr. President? The answer is yes. But remember, were talking about $2 trillion, $54 billion compared to $2 trillion. You can do the math. We can all do the math. Its a very small percent."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Harry Reid Admits Health Care Bill Will Cost $2 Trillion

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiessssssss

Dems are all Lies on HealthCare!
Two trillion represents the CURRENT SPENDING on health care, Crus.

We spend about 16% of the GDP ($14.26 trillion -- 2008 est.)

Do the math

.16 x $14.26 trillion = $2.27 TRILLION.

So nobody was lying, brainiac.

So Obama thinks he can REDUCE this 2.27 trillion to what? Tell us the number please...I'm unaware.

Regardless of whether or not he reduces it, that is money the government is now going to have to pay out that they weren't previously paying? Where are the additional revenues coming from to pay this bill? The only place they can come from, new or higher taxes. How many currently pay their entire health insurance bill? How many who have insurance that is currently provided by their employer is going to take the public option and then see any increase in their paycheck because they're no longer using private insurance? How many that are forced to go on public option when their company drops their insurance coverage are going to see an increase in their pay to compensate for the higher taxes to pay for the public plan? Your taxes are going to go up and you are going to continue to pay for your own private insurance. It is going to cost you more money, not less. They are not doing anything to address why the cost of health care is so expensive to begin with, they are simply taking it over and will offer a lower quality product. You will still have to pay for private insurance and you will see your taxes increase at the same time. If you drop your private insurance and go to the public option you will see an increase in your taxes without any increase in your paycheck. This is an all around lose/lose situation for everyone.

The Health Care Bill over the 10 year period will cost us $50 BILLION LESS in 10 years than if Congress did nothing and left things the way they are....

it is not costing us more, we were spending these amounts on health care already when medicaid and medicare etc are added up...so SUPPOSEDLY with this health care reform, the gvt will be saving money, $50 billion less spent on health care in 10 years.

now you and i might be spending more out of our pockets....but the gvt might be saving some, if what they say is correct...

That's just bullshit.

Why Anthem...what's wrong with Maine Aetna? It's 5 grand a year and a cadillac plan!!!

Do you have a link to cost it out? I can't find one? THANKS!

Care

You make a valid point but companies offer this benefit because it attracts the type of people they want working for them.

So you believe that they would still cover you with this benefit if tax dollars saved were not used to help pay for it?

I believe you are correct, that large companies did start offering health care as a benefit to get good employees that they were competing with the unions over...thus the health care coverage...at least, this is how it was in Massachusetts, where private companies were competing with many Union jobs with benefits...

But you realize that it has become too costly, for many businesses, and many businesses have been cutting health insurance as a benefit or increasing your yearly out of pocket expense to $10,000-15k before the plan comes in and pays for everything, or reducing the plan benefits....

And more and more will be dropping this as a benefit, they simply can not afford the cost and compete on a global market with businesses of the same nature....

but if you believe these businesses will continue it as a benefit, then we should take the tax write off away and save the expense....it is not fair that those without insurance should be fronting the health insurance or others when you all don't want to help front theirs...

All monies towards medical research and development on new treatments and new drugs should be stopped as well, if you all don't want gvt involved in health care.

All monies going towards hospital emergency rooms as well...

And all monies we give Doctors to become Doctors and medical school funding should be stopped as well....if you really want gvt out of the health care business...

If not a dime of our taxes were given towards medical and health care....THEN MAYBE, the prices would fall from mere revolt of the People.

Care

I was under the impression that Obama's reforms would allow most to keep their original plans and nothing would change in that respect. What will change is the people who currently opt out of employer mandated insurance will be "forced to" get insurance or pay a large fine, unemployed people will get to keep their plan at tax payer expense, as a part of their unemployment compensation benefits, while they are looking for work and people who are too poor to afford healthcare coverage will be covered at tax payer expense with continuations of Medicare and Medicaid and illegal aliens would be denied coverage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like people who have employer mandated health insurance won't be giving any money to the government...unless there is a tax increase I'm unaware of for ALL Americans....and I will wager their premiums don't drop one nickel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back