DEMS facing Populist Backlash?

actually, interestingly, congress has a higher approval rating right now then it's had in years. (not that the number is high...but definitely better) and obama still has astronomical approval ratings.

and the guy got the biggest piece of economic legislation ever passed after a few weeks in office. all in all, i'd say he's feeling pretty good right now.

Why wouldn't he get it passed...with a democrat majority and the fact that they (democrats) wrote the bill, it's not much of an acomplishment. I'm so glad he is feeling pretty good considering almost 1/2 of the country is not.

Yes, it is great.

Time to keep it going.

Jillian, the Congressional ratings are going up because of Republican members. That shouldn't be and I'll agree with you. But don't over extend the trend.

More right wing bullshit.

Obama is still holding the hight poll ratings from most Americans. If populist means pissed off rigthies?:cuckoo:

I just read the passed stimulus bill. It does nothing to create jobs immediately. Bridges, roads, broadband takes years of planning & engineering. The workers who complete these type projects are licensed heavy equipment operators & others who are highly skilled at their professions. They're not the average Joe on the street, or a woman who just lost their job.

In this bill--the unemployed get a $25.00 per unemployment check raise--& the only other help they get is for medical insurance--"that is if their previous employer" had a medical plan for them.

The stock market, a very good economic indicator, that typically looks out 6 to 9 months took another triple digit loss today--after the signing of this bill. That's not good.

So while Barack Obama is still in the high-flying approval rating--I believe the hangover is coming within the next few months--when Americans are still out of work, when they're still loosing their homes--& when they still can't find a job.

It's really sad--because there were so many other ways to stimulate the economy immediately, that would not have cost the taxpayers of this country--& they decided to take a different course.

Last edited:
This is what I mean by bullshit.

He has been in office for a month. People know that the reason they are losing their jobs are because of the failed bush presidency and the current republican partisan blocking of anything but fucking tax cuts.

This will all come back on the RNC with a vengence.

almost everyone except you rabid leftists have forgotten Bush,, it's all on obamalama now! I hope it dosen't hurt much when you hit bottom

The 500,000 Americans a month who are losing their jobs haven't forgotten Bush.

It is going to take years to clean up the mess Bush created.

Again Bush didn't create anything. Congress did. And specifically the unwillingness of Congress to control the idiocy of Fannie and Freddie and the Wall St excess. Bush had NOTHING to do with it.

And Obama will have nothing to do with the inevitable FAILURE of this "stimulus" to have any lasting effect. This is Pelosi's and Reid's baby. But like Bush, Obama will take the fall for it.

He has been in office for a month.
I have noticed this trend.

With every bad decision obama has made, there has been this qualifer (He's only been in office for XXXX amount of time).

That is wearing thin.

I have noticed a trend too.

Obama is doing a good job.

Closing Gitmo, moving troops to Afganistan, no more torture, stimulus bill signed.....all good moves.

The adults are back in charge. No more spoiled frat boy.

How is O'bama doing a good job?

4 out of 5 of his last five Cabinet picks didn't pay their taxes, 3 of them got canned. And now he's on his THIRD Sec Commerce.

He appointed a confirmed TAX CHEAT to run the Treasury. He's appointed most of the same crowd to run the economy that were in charge in the private sector that got us into this and he expects to them to have new ideas?

He has yet to assume the Presidency, still campaigning. He has written no bills only punted to Pelosi to write them, and then expects bipartisan support? He wanted 30 Republican Senators to vote for the stimulus, he got THREE.

And now, he's already backtracking on HIS baby, as he knows damned well it won't do a damned thing to fix anything.

And GITMO is not going away any time soon....

Last edited:
This is what I mean by bullshit.

He has been in office for a month. People know that the reason they are losing their jobs are because of the failed bush presidency and the current republican partisan blocking of anything but fucking tax cuts.

This will all come back on the RNC with a vengence.

almost everyone except you rabid leftists have forgotten Bush,, it's all on obamalama now! I hope it dosen't hurt much when you hit bottom

The 500,000 Americans a month who are losing their jobs haven't forgotten Bush.

It is going to take years to clean up the mess Bush created.

ROFLMNAO... RIIiiight...

Well don't worry about it kids... It won't be but a FEW more days, maybe a week and there will be GREAT economic news... or less bad economic news... when the Market SOARS from 7800 to 7820... CBS News Ms Kuric... and MSNBC pundit Olberman will regail us with how the '$pendulou$ package' is finally turning this around... and when the market drifts back to 7800... they'll hammer home the lingering effects of Bush and the evil corporations that almost killed Fanni and Freddy...

Look guys... they're liars and they're the media... Don't EVEN get your hopes up that these idiots aren't going to be said to be succeeding. If in 6 months a loaf of Bread cost you $100... All you'll hear on TV and web propaganda outlets is how Bush really fucked us and how hard President Hussein and Congress are working to spend more money... to 'get things moving again'...

Don't start thinking that they're gonna be hated for their failure... they were the Nazis, the Soviet Union and the Maoist chinese... they've been responsible for 150 million murdered human beings... and you'd never know a damn thing about it, if you hadn't been alive to have witnessed it.

Just alook around at how those on this very BOARD will stand there all day and DEMAND that the damn SOVIETS weren't leftists... they're idiots; they're fools of the prattling variety and they own the government that rights the rules and the media the reports the news and they're the academics that write the history and who are indoctrinating the next generation.

This will end when they've left what stands for Americans no choice but to perish or to destroy them.

Great article that sums up much of my own feelings as the stimulus bill has been played out over the past month culminating in Obama's staged signing today and the joint freefall of Wall Street in response.

If Obama and the Democrats don't figure out the true pulse of this country quick - there will be an ideological revolt against them - all of them.

Stop the Democratic Suicide - The Daily Beast

So liberal democrats should turn into conservative republicans to avoid a populist ideological backlash? Weren't conservatives just booted out because of an populist ideological backlash? Seems pretty stupid to try to emulate an ideology that has just failed.

Jillian, the Congressional ratings are going up because of Republican members. That shouldn't be and I'll agree with you. But don't over extend the trend.

That's exactly right... and IF the GOP had stayed true to bed-rock principle, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing the Left having just spent TWO TRILLION DOLLARS TO BUY LEFTIST VOTES...

Great post.

Once again, Chris demonstrates his insecurity in his opinion of the current administration. Must harken back, lamely we might add, to others. Excuse making, which certainly will be necessary.

Why not?

Like I said, the adults are back in charge.

Thank goodness.

Where did you indicate any adults cut you lose?

Great article that sums up much of my own feelings as the stimulus bill has been played out over the past month culminating in Obama's staged signing today and the joint freefall of Wall Street in response.

If Obama and the Democrats don't figure out the true pulse of this country quick - there will be an ideological revolt against them - all of them.

Stop the Democratic Suicide - The Daily Beast

So liberal democrats should turn into conservative republicans to avoid a populist ideological backlash? Weren't conservatives just booted out because of an populist ideological backlash? Seems pretty stupid to try to emulate an ideology that has just failed.

Republicans were thrown out mostly by other republicans posing as democrats. They pretty much had to tow the partly line on the stimulus but from here on out, with more eyes on them more and more will abandon Pelosi and Reid.

Republicans will be joined by at least 10 democrats in filibustering the open ballot Union bill

Same thing with the "fairness" doctrine, it won't even make it out of committee.

There will likely be no TARP II, Repubs and right-wing dems will block most of that, too.

Forum List

Back