Dems did NOT cause meltdown- Pub Propaganda as usual....

By David Goldstein and Kevin G. Hall | McClatchy NewspapersWASHINGTON — As the economy worsens and Election Day approaches, a conservative campaign that blames the global financial crisis on a government push to make housing more affordable to lower-class Americans has taken off on talk radio and e-mail.
Commentators say that's what triggered the stock market meltdown and the freeze on credit. They've specifically targeted the mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which the federal government seized on Sept. 6, contending that lending to poor and minority Americans caused Fannie's and Freddie's financial problems.
Federal housing data reveal that the charges aren't true, and that the private sector, not the government or government-backed companies, was behind the soaring subprime lending at the core of the crisis.

Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis | McClatchy

Sorry about facts :razz:

I'm curious...why did you choose an article from back before the election in '08 when the problems at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were not yet apparent? Oh, wait...silly question on my part. You chose that article because it let those running Fannie and Freddie off the hook. Why don't you give us an "update" on how bad the situation actually turned out to be at Fannie and Freddie?

Clearly Both Parties have had a hand in our Current problems. However that is no Excuse for Obama adding 4 Trillion more debt in a Failed, Misguided Attempt to fix a Debt Problem by adding more Debt.

Stop worry about who caused this shit. I want to know WTF Obama is going to do about it. Where is the Democrat Budget? Where is Obama's Plan? Why is it all you guys can do is point fingers and say the other guy did it not me?

There is no doubt that BOTH parties had a hand in this financial collapse.

What it essentially boils down to, is this insatiable appetite for the Federal Government to expand and control--that has led this country down the road to financial ruin.

AGAIN-over 80% of toxic loans 2003-6 had NOTHING to do with Fannie. And I read the 1999 NYT...pffft!!!You are perfect tools for the greedy...

Again, the FANNIE and FREDDIE losses are the ones we're on the hook for, thanks to the Dem idiots and their idiot supporters.
Yes you!

You're nuts if you think 33% of the country's homeowners being underwater is due to Fannie, brainwashed tool of the rich.
No, it's greedy pubs deregulatin' and puttin' their greedy pals in charge of enforcement, OBVIOUSLY. The bad loans are unimaginable in number, and about 20% are Fannie. YES, Dems also went along and get some blame, ALSO less than 20%.

Next, Rush will blame it on the libs who freed the slaves.

IT"S THE FAT CATS, SHYTTEHEADS. They were in CHARGE. You want a GD diagram?

You need a HUGE Pub deregulatin', SHYTTY enforcement bubble to get another Pub Great Depression...

"Stop worry about who caused this shit. I want to know WTF Obama is going to do about it. Where is the Democrat Budget? Where is Obama's Plan? Why is it all you guys can do is point fingers and say the other guy did it not me?"

His PLAN is what the GODDAMN no compromise Pubs have been blocking since 1/2010- 10 jobs bills, trade bills, and everything else they've said NO! to- infrastructure bank etc- which he's NOW going to put all together and SHAME and embarass them, as they refuse to be civil and responsible...

GD A-HOLES and their silly brainwashed DUPES...ty:eusa_angel:

You need a HUGE Pub deregulatin', SHYTTY enforcement bubble to get another Pub Great Depression...

"Stop worry about who caused this shit. I want to know WTF Obama is going to do about it. Where is the Democrat Budget? Where is Obama's Plan? Why is it all you guys can do is point fingers and say the other guy did it not me?"

His PLAN is what the GODDAMN no compromise Pubs have been blocking since 1/2010- 10 jobs bills, trade bills, and everything else they've said NO! to- infrastructure bank etc- which he's NOW going to put all together and SHAME and embarass them, as they refuse to be civil and responsible...

You know what's really amusing? You actually think Obama has put forth a jobs plan that the Republicans blocked. I hate to break this to you but he really hasn't. Now he HAS been giving speeches about plans he has to get people working. Oh, he's been giving speeches on that subject for the past two years. The thing is though...he never seems to be able to get around to ever getting anything down on paper. I suppose you're now convinced that Barack is going to come back from his vacation with a "jobs plan"? I've got news for you...he's going to come back with more of the same nonsense that didn't work the last time. Infrastructure investment? Really, progressives? You're REALLY going to try and get that dog to hunt again? I'm sorry but you've reached the level of "farce" at this point. None of you have the slightest idea how to get this economy going again because none of you have ever run a business. You need the Private Sector to ride in and rescue you but you can't bring yourself to back off and let them do what they do best.

Fox missed this- I'm shocked...
Updated List of Bills The Republicans Have Blocked | J.M. Bell
Republicans blocked this. The Jobs Bill - Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that ... The site ended up being truly easy to access. Excellent job..
jmbell.org/blog/2010/11/updated-list-of-bills-the...
GOP blocks Democrats’ jobs outsourcing bill | The Raw Story
As a result, on the domestic front our jobs are being systematically ... The GOP blocked the small business assistance act and now they have blocked an American jobs bill!
www.rawstory.com/...blocks-democrats-jobs-outsourcing-bill
Bills Republicans Have Blocked | Addicting Info
Republicans blocked this. The Jobs Bill - Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that ... I think you’re being confused by double negatives.
Bills Republicans Have Blocked | Addicting Info
Republicans Block Bills to Help Small Business, the Disabled ...
I mean, did you ever realize how many bills have been passed by Democrats in the House, and are being blocked by ... We have two jobs to do this election, and ...
pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/2010/10/even-more...
Newsvine - Small Business Jobs Bill BLOCKED By GOP
Small Business Jobs Bill BLOCKED By GOP ... jobs or "starting businesses" it won't happen because the government being in ...
wemustchange.newsvine.com/.../07/...jobs-bill-blocked-by-gop

You know what's really amusing? You actually think Obama has put forth a jobs plan that the Republicans blocked. I hate to break this to you but he really hasn't. Now he HAS been giving speeches about plans he has to get people working. Oh, he's been giving speeches on that subject for the past two years. The thing is though...he never seems to be able to get around to ever getting anything down on paper. I suppose you're now convinced that Barack is going to come back from his vacation with a "jobs plan"? I've got news for you...he's going to come back with more of the same nonsense that didn't work the last time. Infrastructure investment? Really, progressives? You're REALLY going to try and get that dog to hunt again? I'm sorry but you've reached the level of "farce" at this point. None of you have the slightest idea how to get this economy going again because none of you have ever run a business. You need the Private Sector to ride in and rescue you but you can't bring yourself to back off and let them do what they do best.
Obama's going to come back with the usual progressive BS that has never worked. It's going to be all about the public sector will get us out of this mess......The man is so economically illiterate, it's almost laughable.

And once again, private sector business both large and small will continue to sit, and not expand or create jobs because they have zero confidence in this president and administrations ability to handle the economy whatsoever.......They are not going to risk expansion and job creation due to the demoniziation, threats, and anti-business tone that comes from this inept President and administration on a daily basis.

Sad thing is, at this point, there really isn't anything that can be done until this President and administration are sent packing in January of '13.

Last edited:
Yes, we'd like to get Social Security away from the greedy hands of the politicians.
So they can't piss it away like they did Fannie and Freddie.
Let me hold my own retirement in a 401K-like account.
Screw the idiots in Washington who want to spend it now.
Guess the Dumocrat Party never learns.

Greedy hands of politicians? Hey, at least they pay it back after they steal it... not so much with Wall Street... they steal it, lose it and then beg the taxpayer for help.

Let YOU hold your own retirement? Naaah. You'll just fuck it up then expect us taxpayers to pay for your welfare. I'd much rather see it in a guaranteed system where you'll actually gain from it without risk.

The banks already paid back TARP, at a profit to the Treasury.
We'll never get our money back from Fannie and Freddie.
I'll fuck up my own retirement? LOL!
Compared to the geniuses in government, I'm Warren fucking Buffett.
You expect to gain from your Social Security "contributions" without risk?
You're dumber than you sound.

Boy... the banks paid back tarp? Wow... The last I saw, they paid their executives huge bonuses with our money and foreclosed the FUCK out of the country... if you call that "paying back", I think you're dumber than you sound.

Fannie set the loose standards and as Fannies dropped the standard for the paper they would buy, which was de facto AAA rated US paper, the rest of the industry followed.

Chris Dodd slipped a provision into a law extending Federal protection to insurance companies so they too (AIG sound familiar?) had a de facto US Government guarantee.

You can tell when Dems are cornered because they are back to lying as big as FDR "Got us out of the Depression" and Joe McCarthy's Red Scare

AGAIN-over 80% of toxic loans 2003-6 had NOTHING to do with Fannie. And I read the 1999 NYT...pffft!!!You are perfect tools for the greedy...

Again, the FANNIE and FREDDIE losses are the ones we're on the hook for, thanks to the Dem idiots and their idiot supporters.
Yes you!

You're nuts if you think 33% of the country's homeowners being underwater is due to Fannie, brainwashed tool of the rich.
No, it's greedy pubs deregulatin' and puttin' their greedy pals in charge of enforcement, OBVIOUSLY. The bad loans are unimaginable in number, and about 20% are Fannie. YES, Dems also went along and get some blame, ALSO less than 20%.

Next, Rush will blame it on the libs who freed the slaves.

IT"S THE FAT CATS, SHYTTEHEADS. They were in CHARGE. You want a GD diagram?

If you overpaid on a house, that's your problem.
If your bank made a stupid loan to you and you default, that's the banks problem.
It's the stupid loans that Fannie and Freddie bought that taxpayers are on the hook for.

I realize you're a liberal, but are you really too stupid to understand that?

By the way, the Republicans freed the slaves.

Greedy hands of politicians? Hey, at least they pay it back after they steal it... not so much with Wall Street... they steal it, lose it and then beg the taxpayer for help.

Let YOU hold your own retirement? Naaah. You'll just fuck it up then expect us taxpayers to pay for your welfare. I'd much rather see it in a guaranteed system where you'll actually gain from it without risk.

The banks already paid back TARP, at a profit to the Treasury.
We'll never get our money back from Fannie and Freddie.
I'll fuck up my own retirement? LOL!
Compared to the geniuses in government, I'm Warren fucking Buffett.
You expect to gain from your Social Security "contributions" without risk?
You're dumber than you sound.

Boy... the banks paid back tarp? Wow... The last I saw, they paid their executives huge bonuses with our money and foreclosed the FUCK out of the country... if you call that "paying back", I think you're dumber than you sound.

Yes, the banks paid back TARP.

You're too dumb to realize that? :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back