Dems defend Reid as expected.

sarah , sarah, OMG, even McCain's camp says she was nuts, but some here think she is your best hope, LOL , good luck

yeah, well, some here don't have sufficient brain cells to tie their shoes either. Personally, I don't think she's gonna run. If she does, it won't be pretty. The Obama media is STILL choking her limp political carcass.

The republicans would've done the same thing. This is overblown. The existence of the republican party is but an overflow of criticism for any and all details, and nothing more.

Did anyone see that Palin is getting to be a TV Commentator?! It proves that there is no god.

I can't believe that we have people here still defending Trent Lott

And they should defend him and if the people of Nevada were reasonable reelect him. He is a good man, a rare thing in politics. And if you are a person of integrity and not a blind partisan wacko, tell him so. E-mail Senator Reid

YOU are defending Reid. His is obvious and blatant. With Lott one must stretch and squeeze for the claim to have any merit at all.

You're joking right ????

Sweeping Away Lott's Racist Record

"And Lott's legislative record demonstrates that his connections to the CCC were no fluke. In 1978, then-Representative Lott was behind a successful effort to re-instate the citizenship of Confederate President Jefferson Davis (AP, 6/2/78). In 1981, Lott prodded the Reagan administration to restore tax exemptions for Bob Jones University and other segregated private schools (Washington Post, 1/18/82).

In 1982 and 1990, Lott voted against extending the Voting Rights Act, the law passed to ensure that minorities--especially Southern blacks--had access to the voting booth. In 1983, he voted against a national holiday for Martin Luther King Jr., and in 1994 he voted to de-fund the MLK Jr. Holiday commission. In 1990, Lott voted against continuation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the crown jewel of civil-rights legislation that desegregated education and public accommodations."

Last edited:
What I agree with or disagree with is irrelevant to the discussion. The left went nuts over Lott making a comment to make a 100 year old guy feel good. And now they want to excuse blatant racism cause the guy votes with them.

For the record, I do not care one bit what color my President is or what color they are when they run for President. I do CARE about them being competent enough to do the job.

Reid was commenting on the electability of a dark skinned black with a strong ethnic dialect. Do you agree that the US would have difficulty electing such a candidate?

No such person ran so it is a pointless comparison and worthless to speculate on. If a Republican had said what Reid said about Obama you guys would all be howling for their head on a platter.
You are so transparently retarded.

It doesn't do good to open doors for someone who doesn't have the price to get in. If he has the price, he may not need the laws. There is no law saying the Negro has to live in Harlem or Watts.
Ronald Reagan

Would someone PLEASE break down Lott's comment as racially derogatory? What is it that he said that was pointed at another race?

you are being purposely obtuse.

Lott stated his personal belief that America would be a better country TODAY if we had elected an avowed segregationist as president in 1948.

Reid correctly observed that light skinned african americans are more easily elected by white voters.

"Negro Dialect?" I still can't believe Reid said that. If not racist,that certainly is pretty insulting. Reid gotta go.

Forum List

Back