Dems counting on People over 55 being Ignorant?

Dems counting on People over being 55 being Ignorant?

Are Republicans counting on People over 55 not caring about their children and grandchildren as long as they get theirs?

That must be it! I will immediately quit collecting the money from my insurance (Soc Sec & Medicare) that I paid premiums for all of my working life.

Promise me that you will do the same!

Your silly little guilt trips may work on children, but adults know better.

People who operate on emotion seek to influence others by emotion.

That's all they've got.

Works both ways, Mr. Hypocrite. What do you think "death panels" and "pulling the plug on grandma" were all about?

Layman's terms for allowing the government to decide whether life saving procedures for some elderly were cost effective.

:lol: So, I made you look like an idiot...and it's MY fault.

Bluster is not an argument. Why can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens?
Read the thread. The question's been answered.

Or continue looking like an idiot.

Pssst! YOU are not a 'thread'.

A lot of dumb people make that mistake.

WHY can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens? Just give me ONE thing.

Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

Important...this just in...All politicians think the voting public is stupid, and so far they have been proven right. Look what they get away with.

Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

What will the Ryan Plan do to Medicare? How will it change the program from what it is today?

Instead of handling the medical of people over 65, it gives them a voucher and tells them to go find an insurance company. Right off the bat, they pay $6,400.00 per year and the voucher is limited.
These are people who live on SS half of which get under $28,000.00 per year. Why do you think they are angry.
They same bill gives tax breaks to millionaires that sets off any "savings". That's called a "slap in the face".

The real question is , "What do you think it does"?

It does this

The premium-support model would operate similar to the way the Medicare prescription-drug benefit program works today. The Medicare premium-support payment would be adjusted so that wealthier beneficiaries would receive a lower subsidy, the sick would receive a higher payment if their conditions worsened, and lower-income seniors would receive additional assistance to cover out-of-pocket costs.

Last edited:
Bluster is not an argument. Why can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens?

WHY can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens? Just give me ONE thing.

You can call an insurance company and dispute a claim if they didn't pay it. If you don't like the answer, you can change insurance companies. Since it will be a Medicare approved insurance company, they could be removed from the approved list.

In other words, you are a customer to an insurance company, and a number to Medicare.

That's all they've got.

Works both ways, Mr. Hypocrite. What do you think "death panels" and "pulling the plug on grandma" were all about?

Layman's terms for allowing the government to decide whether life saving procedures for some elderly were cost effective.

But it was a LIE. And instead of the cost savings the proposal offered, the LIE was used to scare people and undermine useful reform.

Text of Section 1233 (pp. 425-430) of the actual health care reform bill (House Bill 3200), merely amends Title 18 of the Social Security Act to stipulate that Medicare will pay for -- not mandate -- "advance care planning consultations" between individuals and physicians every five years, during which a spectrum of end-of-life options can be explained and discussed so said individuals can knowledgeably choose their own treatment preferences in advance

Estimates show that about 27% of Medicare's annual $327 billion budget goes to care for patients in their final year of life.

Last year, Medicare paid $55 billion just for doctor and hospital bills during the last two months of patients' lives. That's more than the budget for the Department of Homeland Security, or the Department of Education. And it has been estimated that 20 to 30 percent of these medical expenses may have had no meaningful impact. Most of the bills are paid for by the federal government with few or no questions asked.

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'Death panels'

AP Fact Check: No "Death Panel" In Bill - CBS News

Dems in 2008: "These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis,"

Dems in 2012: "These two entities—Medicare and Social Security—are not facing any kind of financial crisis,"

Don't get fooled again

Financial crisis? Oh, that's right. You mean the deregulated Wall Street. And who deregulated Wall Street? Oops.

Bill Clinton

Yes among others.

And yes we have done nothing at all to prevent a re-occurance of the fall.

You can call an insurance company and dispute a claim if they didn't pay it. If you don't like the answer, you can change insurance companies. Since it will be a Medicare approved insurance company, they could be removed from the approved list.

In other words, you are a customer to an insurance company, and a number to Medicare.

No insurance company will cover a pre-existing condition. What planet are you from?

They're counting on several things:

- People over 55 being either ignorant and/or uncaring of the welfare of their offspring
- People under 30 being economically illiterate regarding the inevitable trajectory of the current programs
- The people in between being so squeezed with working, taking care of kids, etc. that they aren't paying attention
- Public Employee unions will provide the funding and personnel to promote the Scare Message

No insurance company will cover a pre-existing condition. What planet are you from?

Not exactly correct. A good corporate group policy will. Very rare now though.

But yes no individual policy I know of will except for maybe a 1 year or so wait. So that hopefully you will die first and they do not have to pay.

In reality, you are either a profit or a loss to an insurance company. And they prefer the profit.

Medicare doesn't make that distinction so it will always be the best option for the elderly.

If Ryan's plan was so great, why did he exclude current seniors from it?

Answer - because his plan isn't great, seniors LIKE the current plan, and Ryan thought he could win an age-ist warfare battle by getting seniors to throw their children and grandchildren over the cliff,

on the 'I got mine, screw you' theory.

Didn't work did it? lol

Simple math:

Ryan's plan costs revenue with a huge tax cut to the wealthy.

Ryan's plan offsets that lost revenue by killing Medicare.

Real America doesn't want that kind of math.

That's all they've got.

Layman's terms for allowing the government to decide whether life saving procedures for some elderly were cost effective...

..., i.e. "fear mongering", since it's done all the time. Thanks for the confirmation. :clap2:

The insurance companies only want you as a customer if they can make money off you. The insurance company business model is collect the maximum you can in premiums, pay the minimum you can in benefits.

If Ryan's plan was so great, why did he exclude current seniors from it?

Answer - because his plan isn't great, seniors LIKE the current plan, and Ryan thought he could win an age-ist warfare battle by getting seniors to throw their children and grandchildren over the cliff,

on the 'I got mine, screw you' theory.

Didn't work did it? lol

You are such a moron. There is no point explaining anything to you, but for those who care to understand the situation:

People who have planned their retirement based upon "guarantees" of SS and Medicare from the government and are either at the end of their career lives or already retired do not have the time to "start over" with a personal savings plan. (This is the same logic used by the Left to not touch union pensions, btw - so the fact that they want to apply a different standard to the private sector is telling).

Ryan is acknowledging this dilemma by proposing a cut off point which ensures those above a certain age are grandfathered into the current system while we transfer the rest of the population to more of an individually tailored, personal responsibility with vouchers based upon means system.

The BIG LIE promoted by the Left is that if we do nothing, the current system will remain as it is. It won't. ObamaCare includes the price controls and 15 member Rationing Board which will cut back fees to doctors, destroy supply, and decide whose life is worthy of health care.

For a more accurate picture of the financial situation, I recommend the Finance Report of the United States. It is based on proper accrual accounting, and shows that entitlement programs have $30T of net present value unfunded liabilities. There is no way in hell that payments and services will remain at current level when people who are currently under 55 retire. For those under 30, it's even worse.

Current Report: Financial Report of the United States: Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

The first thing to do about Medicare is make laws with teeth in them for medicare fraud and agressively pursue fraudulent activities..

What will the Ryan Plan do to Medicare? How will it change the program from what it is today?

Instead of handling the medical of people over 65, it gives them a voucher and tells them to go find an insurance company. Right off the bat, they pay $6,400.00 per year and the voucher is limited.
These are people who live on SS half of which get under $28,000.00 per year. Why do you think they are angry.
They same bill gives tax breaks to millionaires that sets off any "savings". That's called a "slap in the face".

The real question is , "What do you think it does"?

I don't know many facts about it other than it is a voucher program. The $6400 is the cost of the voucher? Thats not the healthcare limit is it?

In reality, you are either a profit or a loss to an insurance company. And they prefer the profit.

Medicare doesn't make that distinction so it will always be the best option for the elderly.

ROFL! yeah, right. The taxpayers are a bottomless pit of money. There's no limit to how high Dems can raise our taxes, right?

It's impossible to comprehend how truly stupid leftwingers are.

Forum List

Back