Dems counting on People over 55 being Ignorant?

When are the Democrats and the Republicans gonna stop playing 'pin the blame on the other side' and face the fact: They are all responsible for the fuck ups in this country. Stop fucking following your leaders, grow the fuck up, and criticize your own side before you hang the other side.

Fucking followers.

Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

Yeah, those dems are awful. Hell I remember not too long ago when the dems were trying to make you believe that the republicons were going to pull the plug on grandma. And let us not forget how they were trying to accuse the republicons of starting "death panels". Whoa man, those dems ought to be ashamed of themselves...wait, What?!?

New Democratic Mediscare Ad: Paul Ryan is Going to Push Grandma Off a Cliff | The Weekly Standard

Dems counting on People over being 55 being Ignorant?
Are Republicans counting on People over 55 not caring about their children and grandchildren as long as they get theirs?
Or even their spouses. I bet there are plenty of people 55 and above that are married to someone that won't make the cut off.

Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

Correct. NO ONE in the system now will be affected BY the plan...and the plan gives ample time for those future recipients to make plans...LOTS of time.

More the elderly will be forced to choose between medicine/dogfood crap by the left.

WHERE are the Repubicans in the Senate?

Absent and from BLUE States.

Gives them time for planning?

Planning for what?

Their funerals?

Most people do not make enough money to PLAN for that major illness we all know we're all probably going to face. when we get older.

So you could give most of the middle clas a million years to PLAN and they're still hosed when they get sick.

People who operate on emotion seek to influence others by emotion.

That's all they've got.

Of course. See it's different when the republicons introduce legislation, like the many jobs bills they've introduced since they took the house. What? You mean, they haven't introduced one single piece of legislation since november of 2010? not one? That can't be right. I mean, that's what they campaigned on isn't it? There's no way they would EVER use scare tactics to motivate the masses instead of coming through on ANY of their "supposed" job creation rhetoric that they said would bring us back from the chaos that is the democratic party.:cuckoo:
Your point would carry more weight had the Democrats not abdicated their responsibility by refusing to pass a budget bill.

Take, for example, the statement that the Ryan plan would end Medicare as we know it.
The Problem is Dems are just saying Ryan wants to End Medicare, not End it as we know it and replace it with something else. Which is of course the truth.

There is NOTHING wrong with Medicare itself. It does not need to be replaced, especially with privatization. The 'for profit' cartels can NEVER, EVER run it at a lower overhead cost that the government.

We need to PAY for it. Ryan's plan is to let grandpa and grandma PAY for it, after paying INTO it all their working lives. The people in our society with the LEAST ability to increase their income.

Conservatives talk about 'family values', and now they want to throw the patriarch and matriarch of every American family under the bus.

You people are not Christians. You people are not moral. You people are not ethical. You are more dangerous than terrorists, at least terrorists are honest about their hatred of America.

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32

Speaking of emotional fear-mongering...

Yeah, those dems are awful. Hell I remember not too long ago when the dems were trying to make you believe that the republicons were going to pull the plug on grandma. And let us not forget how they were trying to accuse the republicons of starting "death panels". Whoa man, those dems ought to be ashamed of themselves...wait, What?!?

New Democratic Mediscare Ad: Paul Ryan is Going to Push Grandma Off a Cliff | The Weekly Standard

You know, you right wing cock suckers always want to put lipstick on a pig. HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens? Give me ONE reason.

You know, you right wing cock suckers always want to put lipstick on a pig. HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens? Give me ONE reason.
:lol: So, I made you look like an idiot...and it's MY fault.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuedlyck the Grand kids!"

It worked in New York's 26th. The Dem candidate repeatedly told the 'big lie' and the 'throwing granny over the cliff' was shown hundreds of times.

What makes you think they care about anyone besides millionaires and billionaires? How many times to they have to tell us before we believe them? I believe them now. The worst part of the Republican bill (remember, they voted on it. It's no longer Ryan's bill.) is the "tax cuts" for the super rich. That part of it seems to have gotten lost.

Bluster is not an argument. Why can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens?

Take, for example, the statement that the Ryan plan would end Medicare as we know it. This may have Republicans screaming “Mediscare!” but it’s the absolute truth: The plan would replace our current system, in which the government pays major health costs, with a voucher system, in which seniors would, in effect, be handed a coupon and told to go find private coverage.

The new program might still be called Medicare — hey, we could replace government coverage of major expenses with an allowance of two free aspirins a day, and still call it “Medicare” — but it wouldn’t be the same program. And if the cost estimates of the Congressional Budget Office are at all right, the inadequate size of the vouchers — which by 2030 would cover only about a third of seniors’ health costs — would leave many if not most older Americans unable to afford essential care.

If anyone is lying here, it’s Mr. Ryan himself, who has claimed that his plan would give seniors the same kind of coverage that members of Congress receive — an assertion that is completely false.

And, by the way, the claim that the plan would keep Medicare as we know it intact for Americans currently 55 or older is highly dubious. True, that’s what the plan promises, but if you think about the political dynamics that would emerge once Americans born a year or two too late realize how much better a deal slightly older Americans are getting, you realize that this is a promise unlikely to be fulfilled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/opinion/27krugman.html

Exactly what I expected from the New York Times. Lies and speculation are Paul Krugman's trademark.

Last edited:

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuedlyck the Grand kids!"

It worked in New York's 26th. The Dem candidate repeatedly told the 'big lie' and the 'throwing granny over the cliff' was shown hundreds of times.

Bullshit. I live in a nearby district so I was inundated 24/7 with campaign ads for the 26th. The most egregious and slimy ads were put out by Jane Corwin

Jane Corwin’s Most Recent Ad Called False By Numerous Independent Sources

We all knew Ryans plan wouldn't make it through the Senate. Hell. His plan could have been 14 karat gold plated and perfect and it still wouldn't have made it through the Senate.

Do the Dems have a plan??

Take, for example, the statement that the Ryan plan would end Medicare as we know it. This may have Republicans screaming “Mediscare!” but it’s the absolute truth: The plan would replace our current system, in which the government pays major health costs, with a voucher system, in which seniors would, in effect, be handed a coupon and told to go find private coverage.

The new program might still be called Medicare — hey, we could replace government coverage of major expenses with an allowance of two free aspirins a day, and still call it “Medicare” — but it wouldn’t be the same program. And if the cost estimates of the Congressional Budget Office are at all right, the inadequate size of the vouchers — which by 2030 would cover only about a third of seniors’ health costs — would leave many if not most older Americans unable to afford essential care.

If anyone is lying here, it’s Mr. Ryan himself, who has claimed that his plan would give seniors the same kind of coverage that members of Congress receive — an assertion that is completely false.

And, by the way, the claim that the plan would keep Medicare as we know it intact for Americans currently 55 or older is highly dubious. True, that’s what the plan promises, but if you think about the political dynamics that would emerge once Americans born a year or two too late realize how much better a deal slightly older Americans are getting, you realize that this is a promise unlikely to be fulfilled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/opinion/27krugman.html

Exactly what I expected from the New York Times. Lies and speculation are Paul Krugman's trademark.

How about the Wall Street Journal?

The plan (Rep. Ryan) would essentially end Medicare, which now pays most of the health-care bills for 48 million elderly and disabled Americans, as a program that directly pays those bills.

People who operate on emotion seek to influence others by emotion.

That's all they've got.

Of course. See it's different when the republicons introduce legislation, like the many jobs bills they've introduced since they took the house. What? You mean, they haven't introduced one single piece of legislation since november of 2010? not one? That can't be right. I mean, that's what they campaigned on isn't it? There's no way they would EVER use scare tactics to motivate the masses instead of coming through on ANY of their "supposed" job creation rhetoric that they said would bring us back from the chaos that is the democratic party.:cuckoo:

The Dem contolled Congress gave Obama almost a trillion dollars in 2009 to create jobs. How is that working out for you?

BTW, the Republican majority was elected in November 2010 but didn't take office until January 20, 2011, about 4 months ago. I will bet they introduced a jobs bill last week.

The caption of your post is true Charles, but most of all they're counting on their allies in the media to skew information, and then on people to be too lazy to seek out facts, or to be apathetic, indifferent, and distracted. It's interesting how media outlets attack by name the only network which gives us a semblance of the complete facts, and that network mentions them not at all other than calling their dereliction to duty what it is: CORRUPT.

OK, so it's not give old people some money and tell them to go out and try to get insurance. Just kidding. That's EXACTLY what it is. Even Ryan says so. Oops.
You are basically correct.

Starting in 2022, new Medicare beneficiaries will be enrolled in the same kind of health care program that members of Congress enjoy. Future Medicare recipients will be able to choose from a list of guaranteed coverage options, and they will be given the ability to choose a plan that works best for them.

Bluster is not an argument. Why can't you answer the question? HOW is Ryan's plan better for senior citizens?
Read the thread. The question's been answered.

Or continue looking like an idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back