Dems Call for New Federal Holiday Honoring Chavez

The LEGAL Latinos share many of the ame values as the Republicans. But I don't believe wooing them involves a national holiday. There's got to be a better way. Any suggestions?

Keep pointing out the hypocrisy of the left and build a platform based on solid conservative values.

You cant do that if you govern and legislate otherwise.

It has been years since we had a congress or admninstration that governed from a solid conservative platform.

Anyone got a dollar figure on lost productivity for federal holidays?

Anyone got a dollar figure on lost productivity during 10 week teacher summer vacations?
I don't know about teachers, but professors are paid for ten months, not a full year, in many universities.

What's your point?

Well, their research grants pick up the summer months, plus at many universities professors have to fund their whole salary or most of it through their research grants. Which makes me wonder how the hell universities cost that much if so much of the professors salary comes form their research grants

If we knew that he would murder tens of thousands of innocent people after the fact, maybe we would not have been so quick to be his ally?
------------------------------

It was known. He didn't start after the war. The reason he was an ally rather than an enemy is that he didn't want to invade other countries like Hitler did. He was considered a lesser evil for that reason.

Thank you. I was not aware of that.

On that note, anyone watch Worlds at War on the military channel?
I am military and I am a conservative.
But I gotta tell you. Our indifference to civilian casualties in the South Pacific is troubling. I know we had to do what we had to do. But without smart bombs at the time, wow.

Quite sad. Yes, necessary and I honor all those that served. But still quite sad. My wife cried last night as we watched.

not nearly as bad as what the Nazis and the sick fuck Japanese did. The entire war was horrible, 50 million people, mostly civilians were killed. Unbelievable.

Anyone got a dollar figure on lost productivity during 10 week teacher summer vacations?
I don't know about teachers, but professors are paid for ten months, not a full year, in many universities.

What's your point?

Well, their research grants pick up the summer months, plus at many universities professors have to fund their whole salary or most of it through their research grants. Which makes me wonder how the hell universities cost that much if so much of the professors salary comes form their research grants

Private Universities are just that. Private. They make a profit.

State Schools are much less expensive. Nearly 25% the cost of private institutions.

Those that wish to pay for the clout of a private instiutution may do so. Why? I dont know. Why do some people buy Bentley's?

Here in NYS we have Binghanton University that is rated much higher than Syracuse University academically, yet Bingo is a state school at about 15K a year including room and board and Syracuse University is over 50K with room and board.

So I do not see an issue. Private universities charge what the consumer is willing to pay.

When it said just "Chavez", i was thinking Hugo Chavez. Sad thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if this current admin or congress wanted a holiday for him.

If we knew that he would murder tens of thousands of innocent people after the fact, maybe we would not have been so quick to be his ally?
------------------------------

It was known. He didn't start after the war. The reason he was an ally rather than an enemy is that he didn't want to invade other countries like Hitler did. He was considered a lesser evil for that reason.

Thank you. I was not aware of that.

On that note, anyone watch Worlds at War on the military channel?
I am military and I am a conservative.
But I gotta tell you. Our indifference to civilian casualties in the South Pacific is troubling. I know we had to do what we had to do. But without smart bombs at the time, wow.

Quite sad. Yes, necessary and I honor all those that served. But still quite sad. My wife cried last night as we watched.

not nearly as bad as what the Nazis and the sick fuck Japanese did. The entire war was horrible, 50 million people, mostly civilians were killed. Unbelievable.

The Nazis intentionally kiiled civilians. Uneblievable is correct. The Japanese had a military ideology of win at all costs.

A South Pacific American CO, (not sure who it was) had a very unique philosophy:
"If you need to run to catch a prisoner, dont catch him"

Even in a horrific conflict like WWII, America displayed a differential.

I love the military. I hate war. But you can not avoid it when someone else wants it.

Yea Chanel, we certainly wouldn't want to honor men like Chávez...we don't need our kids to look up to men that believe in human rights and non-violence. America honors warriors!

CESAR E. CHAVEZ FOUNDATION

chavez_signthepetition_whol.jpg

César Chávez is one of the greatest labor leaders and human rights activists in the United States history and the world. He fought for a better life for migrant farm workers, and founded the first successful farm workers’ union. César was the president of the United Farm Workers, AFL-CIO.

César Estrada Chávez was able to accomplish his goals through the philosophy of non-violence that he inherited and followed from leaders like Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King.

César read about St. Francis of Assisi, Mohandas K. Gandhi and Dr. King. St. Francis was an Italian monk who lived from 1182 to 1226. He devoted his life to helping the poor. Gandhi was spiritual leader and a non-violence revolutionary who lived in India from 1869 to 1948. He practiced the philosophy of non-violence. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Civil Rights Leader in the United States. These men profoundly influenced César Chávez, and he realized that great leaders are those who set good examples.

César Chávez adopted and practiced the philosophy of non-violence.

rfk_chavez_480_01.jpg

Fight in the Fields - CESAR CHAVEZ | PBS

I agree wholeheartedly!! But there should not be a national holiday.

I say we need a Saveliberty day. This guy actually pays more that his fair share of the government, while being subjected to countless requests of the government to document his financial, business, health coverage and other topics. He suffers under this burden while noting illegals have none of these requirements. He is asked to forgo liberty in exchange for security. He is attacked for having a religion and told to accept and embrace those who live contrary to those beliefs. The Saveliberties number in the millions, here's to them.

Forum List

Back