Dems Bring Back Surrender Bill

because you have never spent a day in uniform, let me clue you in on one big thing:

the military's mission TODAY is what the civilian command structure says it is TODAY. That mission can change from day to day and the military must be adaptable. Whether they want to "finish" a former mission is of no consequence. They need to want to perform their current mission, and be ready to have that mission change. If their mission went away from policing hte streets of Baghdad to border interdiction and targeted attacks on terrorist encampments... or redeployment to Afghanistan... that is what they had better be willing and able and excited to do. Anything else is whining.

Funny how libs want us to listen to those few who oppose the war, but when troops speak up - and tell ems to shut up and let them finish the mission - libs dismiss them

The troops know what will happen if we surrender in Iarq - libs do to. But their political power means more then their country and the troops

Funny how libs want us to listen to those few who oppose the war, but when troops speak up - and tell ems to shut up and let them finish the mission - libs dismiss them

The troops know what will happen if we surrender in Iarq - libs do to. But their political power means more then their country and the troops

I never said I didn't want to listen to anyone...I just said that it was laughable to think that the opinions of ground troops would be used to formulate foreign policy.

and no one wants to surrender anything to anyone.

I never said I didn't want to listen to anyone...I just said that it was laughable to think that the opinions of ground troops would be used to formulate foreign policy.

and no one wants to surrender anything to anyone.

It is laughable when they support the war

When they oppsoe the war - we must listen to them

Our military has not failed at anything. They have done the mission set before them by their CinC to the utmost of their ability.

The mission itself is ridiculous and flawed. That is completely Bush's fault and the fault of his fawning cheerleaders like you.

Our military has not failed at anything. They have done the mission set before them by their CinC to the utmost of their ability.

The mission itself is ridiculous and flawed. That is completely Bush's fault and the fault of his fawning cheerleaders like you.

I wass not talking about our troops - I was talking about the Dem Congress

They have not accomplished their goals, their mission was failed, and it is time to cut our losses

I wass not talking about our troops - I was talking about the Dem Congress

They have not accomplished their goals, their mission was failed, and it is time to cut our losses

see if you have any luck in removing them from the majority in november '08.

:eusa_dance:

The way the Dems poll numbers are going - it may not be as hard as you think

you may be right...but until then, all you are doing is blowing smoke out of your ass.

I KNOW you like to harp on congressional approval ratings as if they were democratic approval ratings and ignore the head to head polls that show that the Republicans poll numbers are going south even faster.....

I KNOW that you think that the republicans will retake congress even though the republicans in congress are continually given lower approval ratings than the democrats.

I KNOW that you think that the country thinks your party is the bestest most awesomest groovy party ever, even though Rasmussen shows that in the ten key areas, democrats have solid leads in nine of them and are tied in one... and republicans do not lead in ANY.

I KNOW that you have unbridled optimism.... and it is a source of great humor for me.

you may be right...but until then, all you are doing is blowing smoke out of your ass.

I KNOW you like to harp on congressional approval ratings as if they were democratic approval ratings and ignore the head to head polls that show that the Republicans poll numbers are going south even faster.....

I KNOW that you think that the republicans will retake congress even though the republicans in congress are continually given lower approval ratings than the democrats.

I KNOW that you think that the country thinks your party is the bestest most awesomest groovy party ever, even though Rasmussen shows that in the ten key areas, democrats have solid leads in nine of them and are tied in one... and republicans do not lead in ANY.

I KNOW that you have unbridled optimism.... and it is a source of great humor for me.

With your party moving more and more to the left - they will have a difficult time in 08

Partisan Former General Hails Democrats On GMA for Making 'Incredible Sense' on Iraq
Posted by Tim Graham on July 11, 2007 - 17:47.
Retired Army Major General John Batiste – recently cashiered as an official CBS News expert after appearing in a partisan political commercial for “Vote Vets” bashing Bush for not listening to generals like him – was invited on to ABC’s “Good Morning America” this morning.

Substitute host George Stephanopoulos played the skeptic about the possibly heavy costs of a hasty pullout from Iraq, but General Batiste sounded almost like an official spokesman for Senate Democrats in hailing Carl Levin of Michigan and Jack Reed of Rhode Island: “I had the opportunity yesterday to read the Levin-Reed amendment in the Senate, two pages carefully crafted that makes incredible sense. That is, we need a better plan to get out than what we had to get in. We need to recognize that our all-volunteer military cannot sustain the current cycle of deployments. And this ought to really worry every American.”

The general has been willing to go just about anywhere on the left – including radical Pacifica Radio’s “Democracy Now” show – to pound his palm against President Bush.
http://newsbusters.org/node/14028

because you have never spent a day in uniform, let me clue you in on one big thing:

the military's mission TODAY is what the civilian command structure says it is TODAY. That mission can change from day to day and the military must be adaptable. Whether they want to "finish" a former mission is of no consequence. They need to want to perform their current mission, and be ready to have that mission change. If their mission went away from policing hte streets of Baghdad to border interdiction and targeted attacks on terrorist encampments... or redeployment to Afghanistan... that is what they had better be willing and able and excited to do. Anything else is whining.

Clarification for those unfamiliar with military command structure: by "civilian command structure" I am certain you mean the CIC and civilians such as the Secretary of Defense. Congress is not part of the National Command Authorities.

Obviously, our military will perform the mission (no matter what that mission is) to the best of their ability. Whining is optional but expected.

Clarification for those unfamiliar with military command structure: by "civilian command structure" I am certain you mean the CIC and civilians such as the Secretary of Defense. Congress is not part of the National Command Authorities.

Obviously, our military will perform the mission (no matter what that mission is) to the best of their ability. Whining is optional but expected.

That is part of the problem

Congress is trying to assume the powers of the CIC

That is part of the problem

Congress is trying to assume the powers of the CIC

It's been tried before. The real power of Congress is in controlling the purse strings. Fortunately or unfortunately (dependent upon your POV) Congress hasn't got the cajones to use that power. Political expediency is taking precedent over principle at the moment in that august body.

It's been tried before. The real power of Congress is in controlling the purse strings. Fortunately or unfortunately (dependent upon your POV) Congress hasn't got the cajones to use that power. Political expediency is taking precedent over principle at the moment in that august body.

If Dems really believe the war is lost - they should cut off the money

I say we cut off funding to Congress and cut our losses

If Dems really believe the war is lost - they should cut off the money

I say we cut off funding to Congress and cut our losses

You are preaching to the choir. I say there should be a draft for political office; only those NOT desiring to serve should be put into office and only for a limited time. The white collar welfare practiced by most politicians should be stopped.

You are preaching to the choir. I say there should be a draft for political office; only those NOT desiring to serve should be put into office and only for a limited time. The white collar welfare practiced by most politicians should be stopped.

I am for term limits and I would love to see a two term limit

The Washington Times had a great op - maybe you would like it CSM

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=49543

Forum List

Back