Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Trump is unbelievably well-positioned to fill up federal courts with lifetime judges. He inherited a whopping 108 court vacancies when he became president – double the number of vacancies President Barack Obama inherited when he took office.

The left adores judges who believe that their job is to make society better by interpreting laws in new and creative ways. Once leftists discovered they could make up stuff like the "penumbra" of the Constitution and that judges could pretend their policy choices were required by law, despite no direct wording to that effect, the door was open to impose the Progressive Agenda without all the messiness of approving legislation in Congress, where the people have a voice.

That undemocratic – indeed, anti-democratic – approach to governing, wherein the elite discusses theories in academic journals, and then activist judges impose those theories as law, is popular among the cultural elite, because they believe themselves to be something like philosopher-kings, entitled to rule others by their superior wisdom. Their cultural preferences, such as same-sex marriage, gain the authority of law thereby.

Restoring a judiciary that believes its job is to interpret, not make up, the law is a reform that cannot happen fast enough.

Read more: Blog: Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary

Trump is unbelievably well-positioned to fill up federal courts with lifetime judges. He inherited a whopping 108 court vacancies when he became president – double the number of vacancies President Barack Obama inherited when he took office.

The left adores judges who believe that their job is to make society better by interpreting laws in new and creative ways. Once leftists discovered they could make up stuff like the "penumbra" of the Constitution and that judges could pretend their policy choices were required by law, despite no direct wording to that effect, the door was open to impose the Progressive Agenda without all the messiness of approving legislation in Congress, where the people have a voice.

That undemocratic – indeed, anti-democratic – approach to governing, wherein the elite discusses theories in academic journals, and then activist judges impose those theories as law, is popular among the cultural elite, because they believe themselves to be something like philosopher-kings, entitled to rule others by their superior wisdom. Their cultural preferences, such as same-sex marriage, gain the authority of law thereby.

Restoring a judiciary that believes its job is to interpret, not make up, the law is a reform that cannot happen fast enough.

Read more: Blog: Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary

I saw this last night........he may very well fill half of the federal judiciary........that would be awesome....It was pointed out by Mark Levin and others that the real battle is at the appeals court level since they hear far more cases than the Supreme court rules on...and this is where a real fight to stop the left can happen...

And once again....thank you for the grand strategy of harry reid...the man who made it all possible by getting rid of the 60 vote rule for appointments......

He and nancy pelosi have been the best thing for republicans since Ronald Reagan...

Uh huh.
Most Judges, unless they are totally partisan or incompetent, follow the law.Not including Roy Moore.
This is regardless of who appointed them The same STUPID remarks (DEMS PANIC) were seen under Reagan, and both Bush's.
It's just dumb my friend.
The US Constitution is what it is, says what it says.To imagine the Judiciary is going to adopt nutcase fundy christian or internet rightie "ideas" or "theories" is ridiculous, as is your post.
It REALLY makes me laugh when righties whine about an activist, liberal judge................that was appointed by Ronald Reagan.

I saw this last night........he may very well fill half of the federal judiciary........that would be awesome....It was pointed out by Mark Levin and others that the real battle is at the appeals court level since they hear far more cases than the Supreme court rules on...and this is where a real fight to stop the left can happen...

I agree to a point, district trial judges can cut a lot of the crap off at the knees before it ever gets momentum. Much of it would never make it to the appellate level.

Uh huh.
Most Judges, unless they are totally partisan or incompetent, follow the law.Not including Roy Moore.
This is regardless of who appointed them The same STUPID remarks (DEMS PANIC) were seen under Reagan, and both Bush's.
It's just dumb my friend.
The US Constitution is what it is, says what it says.To imagine the Judiciary is going to adopt nutcase fundy christian or internet rightie "ideas" or "theories" is ridiculous, as is your post.
It REALLY makes me laugh when righties whine about an activist, liberal judge................that was appointed by Ronald Reagan.

And you have no fucking clue......the left wingers on the Supreme Court want to use foreign laws to make their decisions, and have encouraged other countries not to use our Constitution as an example for their own......the left wing doesn't follow the law...they decide what the law should be based on their social justice cause......

I think it was pretty undemocratic for the Republicans under Obama not to take action on his nominees to fill those court vacancies when they were supposed to. It was their strategy, in hopes of loading the courts when a Republican won the WH. You're PROUD of that?

Trump has every right to submit his nominations.

If you go through them, most are like Merrick Garland, which is fine by me.

The two top reasons i supported Trump were Immigration and the Courts. The rest doesn't mean much to me. The Courts run the show in America these days. The Politicians come and go, but many of these Judges will be around for several decades. It is sad, but our elected officials aren't really running the show anymore. It's all up to Judges now.

I voted for Trump hoping he would get to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court Justices. I mean imagine the alternative? Hillary Clinton appointing more Left/Globalist Anti-American Justices to the Court? Trump has a real chance to do something great for the country. If the Courts are his only perceived achievement while in office, that will be 100% fine with me.

Last edited:

I think it was pretty undemocratic for the Republicans under Obama not to take action on his nominees to fill those court vacancies when they were supposed to. It was their strategy, in hopes of loading the courts when a Republican won the WH. You're PROUD of that?

They were just doing what biden himself advocated back in the 1990's. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" as they say.

Yep...that is the way it works....and they did the same to Bush......our entire system is set up to slow down, hamper and prevent the accumulation of power...that is why we have a separation of powers.......the democrats did their thing, now we have the ability to do ours... if you don't like it we have 2018 to change that balance of power.....

obama said it himself to the republicans after he won the election.....elections have consequences.....

Be careful wingnuts for what you ask for, remember Earl Warren. Of course finding judges as dumb as draft dodger Trump would be impossible under any circumstances.

Proud? No

Happy? Hell yes

The two top reasons i supported Trump were Immigration and the Courts. The rest doesn't mean much to me. The Courts run the show in America these days. The Politicians come and go, but many of these Judges will be around for several decades. It is sad, but our elected officials aren't really running the show anymore. It's all up to Judges now.

I voted for Trump hoping he would get to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court Justices. I mean imagine the alternative? Hillary Clinton appointing more Left/Globalist Anti-American Justices to the Court. Trump has a real chance to do something great for the country. If the Courts are his only perceived achievement while in office, that will be 100% fine with me.

Exactly, tax policies will change, trade policies will change...but the justices...they set Precedent for our legal system....that doesn't matter to a left wing judge or justice, they make it up as they go along, but Conservative, Originalist Justices and judges at least try to adhere to the Constitution...

Be careful wingnuts for what you ask for, remember Earl Warren. Of course finding judges as dumb as draft dodger Trump would be impossible under any circumstances.

You don't have to tell us...we know this from experience.....any Justice or judge a republican picks is a 50/50 chance they go left wing activist at some point in their career....

With a democrat picking...it is 100% guaranteed they will be a left wing nut job, social justice warrior pretending to be a judge...

So any way you look at it...we won....

I voted for Trump hoping he would get to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court Justices. I mean imagine the alternative? Hillary Clinton appointing more Left/Globalist Anti-American Justices to the Court. Trump has a real chance to do something great for the country. If the Courts are his only perceived achievement while in office, that will be 100% fine with me.

Exactly, tax policies will change, trade policies will change...but the justices...they set Precedent for our legal system....that doesn't matter to a left wing judge or justice, they make it up as they go along, but Conservative, Originalist Justices and judges at least try to adhere to the Constitution...

Oh yeah, the Politicians come and go. But many of these Judges will be around for a very long time. Like i said, i supported Trump for those two main reasons. It's all about Immigration and the Courts for me. The rest really is insignificant. The Courts run the show in America today. I'm not saying that's right, but it is the reality.

They were just doing what biden himself advocated back in the 1990's. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" as they say.
Did Biden do it? Are we still on that old "Biden Rule" which if you want to call it that, was never "enforced?" The Republicans were purposely obstructionist, but we all knew that. They put party before the people. Those vacancies hurt the people waiting for verdicts. Slowed the courts to a crawl in some areas. Justice shouldn't be flushed down the toilet because a bunch of Republican bullies have the numbers to stop business as usual. Just like they did with Garland.
Those people suck. Wish I could vote against every stinkin one of them.

Did Biden do it? Are we still on that old "Biden Rule" which if you want to call it that, was never "enforced?" The Republicans were purposely obstructionist, but we all knew that. They put party before the people. Those vacancies hurt the people waiting for verdicts. Slowed the courts to a crawl in some areas. Justice shouldn't be flushed down the toilet because a bunch of Republican bullies have the numbers to stop business as usual. Just like they did with Garland.
Those people suck. Wish I could vote against every stinkin one of them.

Yes, they did indeed do it.

Forum List

Back