Dems Are Getting Cocky and Overplaying Their Hand

as I said...when the republicans wrote the original tax cut legislation, even THEY did not want it to be permanent...that is why THEY wrote a sunset provision.

and I am still waiting for you to get me the text....

any day now?

Republicans put the provision in an lame attempt to work with Dems

It will be fun to watch libs try to tell people how they did not raise their taxes when folks get their new increased tax bills

Republicans put the provision in an lame attempt to work with Dems

It will be fun to watch libs try to tell people how they did not raise their taxes when folks get their new increased tax bills

so you admit that the provisions to have the tax cuts only be temporary was the republicans idea all along?

you admit that if they had wanted the tax cuts to be permanent and not just a temporary stimulus that they could have written the legislation to make them that way?

so you admit that the provisions to have the tax cuts only be temporary was the republicans idea all along?

you admit that if they had wanted the tax cuts to be permanent and not just a temporary stimulus that they could have written the legislation to make them that way?

who is admitting? it is common knowledge.

right now the tax cuts are putting more money in the pockets of working folks and libs want it back

I always knew libs hated the wealthy and wanted to screw them over. but know libs have married couples and retired people in their gun sights and voted to fuck them over to

who is admitting? it is common knowledge.

right now the tax cuts are putting more money in the pockets of working folks and libs want it back

I always knew libs hated the wealthy and wanted to screw them over. but know libs have married couples and retired people in their gun sights and voted to fuck them over to

it is common knowledge that the republicans planned for the tax cuts to be temporary all along?

I agree.

it is common knowledge that the republicans planned for the tax cuts to be temporary all along?

I agree.

No, Republcians have wanted to make them permanente, but libs have blocked every attempt

Libs have this mindset all money is the governments money

I understand why libs want more money - they have spending plans like this

The Detroit News

We have come to the conclusion that the crisis Michigan faces is not a shortage of revenue, but an excess of idiocy. Facing a budget deficit that has passed the $1 billion mark, House Democrats Thursday offered a spending plan that would buy a MP3 player or iPod for every school child in Michigan.

No cost estimate was attached to their hare-brained idea to "invest" in education. Details, we are promised, will follow.

The Democrats, led by their increasingly erratic speaker Andy Dillon of Redford Township, also pledge $100 million to make better downtowns.

Their plan goes beyond cluelessness. Democrats are either entirely indifferent to the idea that extreme hard times demand extreme belt tightening, or they are bone stupid. We lean toward the latter.

We say that because the House plan also keeps alive, again without specifics, the promise of tax hikes.

The range of options, according to Rep. Steve Tobocman, D-Detroit, includes raising the income tax, levying a 6 percent tax on some services, and taxing junk food and soda.

We wonder how financially strained Michigan residents will feel about paying higher taxes to buy someone else's kid an iPod.

That they would include such frivolity in a crisis budget plan indicates how tough it will be to bring real spending reform to Michigan.

Senate Republicans issued a plan a week ago that eliminates the deficit with hard spending cuts. Now their leader, Mike Bishop of Rochester Hills, is sounding wobbly, suggesting he might compromise on a tax hike.

We hope Bishop is reading the polls that say three-quarters of Michigan residents oppose higher taxes.

There are few things in the House budget outline from which to forge a compromise.

For example, Dillon says he would shift the burden of business taxes to companies that operate in Michigan, but don't have a facility here. The certain outcome of that plan is to drive even more businesses out of Michigan.

About all we see of merit is a call for government consolidation and a demand that state employees contribute more to their retirement benefits -- which is no more than House Democrats suggested for future state lawmakers a few weeks ago.

We find it ironic that the Democrats are proposing floating $5 billion in revenue bonds to pay for retiree health care, when Gov. Jennifer Granholm vetoed a nearly identical plan by Oakland County because it would cost the state money.

Instead of advocating cost-saving changes in public school teacher pension and health plans, Dillon suggests more study. There have been plenty of studies of the issue, with the conclusion being that hundreds of millions of dollars could be saved through reforms. Michigan needs action, not more study committees.

Dillon also proposes that the state cover 50 percent of the cost of catastrophic health insurance for everyone in the place, but once again doesn't specify a funding source.

Stop the stupidity. Michigan can't tax or spend its way out of this economic catastrophe.

The only responsible option is to bring spending in line with current revenues. The mission must be to expand the tax base, rather than to expand taxes, by crafting a budget that encourages growth.

We won't get there by wasting money on early Christmas presents for Michigan kids.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007704060333

it is a great example of how libs want to spend taxpayer money on such vital spending programs

so I could post a link to some article about how much the war in Iraq is costing and how it is ALL off budget and claim that the relevance of THAT cut and paste was to show the great example of how fiscally irresponsible and morally bankrupt neocons are?

so I could post a link to some article about how much the war in Iraq is costing and how it is ALL off budget and claim that the relevance of THAT cut and paste was to show the great example of how fiscally irresponsible and morally bankrupt neocons are?

Yes. MM, those poor kids cannot live without an ipod nor can they go through school without one

Libs are so kind with other people money

Yes. MM, those poor kids cannot live without an ipod nor can they go through school without one

Libs are so kind with other people money

did I EVER say that I agreed with that piece of legisation concerning ipods?

no. I didn't.

Why don't you debate ME...with YOUR OWN WORDS...debate what I have written....and quit just talking PAST me and railing against any liberal that does anything you don't like.

It is like me blaming YOU for blowing up the building In Oklahoma City ...or blaming you for killing abortion doctors.

did I EVER say that I agreed with that piece of legisation concerning ipods?

no. I didn't.

Why don't you debate ME...with YOUR OWN WORDS...debate what I have written....and quit just talking PAST me and railing against any liberal that does anything you don't like.

It is like me blaming YOU for blowing up the building In Oklahoma City ...or blaming you for killing abortion doctors.

You were pissed I even posted the article. Libs do have a problem with their insane ideas exposed to the light of day

You were pissed I even posted the article. Libs do have a problem with their insane ideas exposed to the light of day

I am pissed that you continually post articles from other people about "libs" instead of using your own words to debate MY words.

THAT is my only problem with you.

I am pissed that you continually post articles from other people about "libs" instead of using your own words to debate MY words.

THAT is my only problem with you.

Translation - You keep posting the insanity of liberalism and THAT is my only problem with you

Translation - You keep posting the insanity of liberalism and THAT is my only problem with you

I post my own words and they express MY ideas. If you took off your partisan blinders, you would see, as many others here have, that I am far from a typical liberal. and I do not march lockstep in agreement with my party in all cases....

unlike you.

I post my own words and they express MY ideas. If you took off your partisan blinders, you would see, as many others here have, that I am far from a typical liberal. and I do not march lockstep in agreement with my party in all cases....

unlike you.

you are not opposed to the "Surrender At All Costs" bill

you are not opposed to soaking workers and married couples with higher taxes

what do you disagree with?

You're driving me insane, and i mostly agree with. Would you please for the love of god, either post your owen thoughts, or break down the article, tell us what key points we should read, and why you agree with them.

I cant stand to read such long articles brother.

You're driving me insane, and i mostly agree with. Would you please for the love of god, either post your owen thoughts, or break down the article, tell us what key points we should read, and why you agree with them.

I cant stand to read such long articles brother.

Then be like MM and don't read them

you are not opposed to the "Surrender At All Costs" bill

you are not opposed to soaking workers and married couples with higher taxes

what do you disagree with?

I disagree with my party's stance on gun control...I disagree with my party's unwavering stance on abortion without reasonable restriction. I disagree with my party's stance on Israel.... I disagree that the troop funding bill is a "surrender at all costs" bill at all... It "surrenders" nothing. The war in Iraq is not our war to surrender. It is a civil war and Iraqis must fight it and win it one way or the other or figure out amongst themselves how to stop and divide the assets and territory so that all sides can accept the outcome. We have no role in that process and we DO have a war to fight against islamic extremists that we are not fighting now.

I do NOT agree with increasing the tax rates for anyone other than the wealthiest Americans.

I disagree with my party's stance on gun control...I disagree with my party's unwavering stance on abortion without reasonable restriction. I disagree with my party's stance on Israel.... I disagree that the troop funding bill is a "surrender at all costs" bill at all... It "surrenders" nothing. The war in Iraq is not our war to surrender. It is a civil war and Iraqis must fight it and win it one way or the other or figure out amongst themselves how to stop and divide the assets and territory so that all sides can accept the outcome. We have no role in that process and we DO have a war to fight against islamic extremists that we are not fighting now.

I do NOT agree with increasing the tax rates for anyone other than the wealthiest Americans.

We agree on guns

Abortion is murder - period

Libs are handing the terrorists a win on a silver platter

The people of Iraq in poll after poll say there is no civil war

Forum List

Back