Dems Agree on $2.9 Trillion Budget

red states rule

May 30, 2006
WASHINGTON (AP) - Congressional Democrats Wednesday announced agreement on a $2.9 trillion budget blueprint for 2008, promising a budget surplus in five years but only by allowing some of President Bush's tax cuts to expire.
The nonbinding plan, to be officially released later Wednesday, caps weeks of private negotiations and paves the way for action this summer on annual spending bills totaling $1.1 trillion for the coming fiscal year.
The Democratic budget promises a $41 billion surplus in 2012, but does so by assuming taxes on income, dividends and stock sales go up in 2011 instead of being extended as called for by Republicans and Bush. Republicans credit the tax cuts, passed in 2001 and 2003, with reviving the economy, but most Democrats say they are tilted in favor of wealthier taxpayers.
Tax cuts aimed at the middle class could be renewed under the compromise, including provisions establishing a 10 percent rate on the first $12,000 of a couple's income, as well as relief for married couples, people with children and those inheriting large estates.
To extend the middle class tax cuts would cost about $180 billion over extending the rest of the 2001 and 2003 tax bills would cost about $240 billion over the same period.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P5JPP00&show_article=1

I believe that is 100 billion more than this year's budget. So much for cutting the fat

I smell either a FILABUSTER in the Senate over this, or The President will get out the VETO pen.......again, and rightfully so.

If this budget passes in any way. The COVER PAGE should include a large, glossy photo of either PORKY PIG......or MISS PIGGY!

Pork Rinds anyone?

The pay as you go promise seems to have been totally disregarded. What a shock.
How so? The Republicans failed to make the tax cuts permanent. The taxes go back to the levels before they were cut, and the Dems are including those tax levels into the budget. Knowing the Dems, I'm certain there are going to be a lot of unnecessary spending programs in there, but technically it's still "pay as you go."

How so? The Republicans failed to make the tax cuts permanent. The taxes go back to the levels before they were cut, and the Dems are including those tax levels into the budget. Knowing the Dems, I'm certain there are going to be a lot of unnecessary spending programs in there, but technically it's still "pay as you go."

Remember how the liberal media lecured Republicans to "work" with Dems?

The only way to get the tax cuts passed at all was to put the sunset provision in the bill

Dems need the money. After all, Dems can spend your money much more efficiently then you can

But I at least know that this outrage is something that I, William Joyce, average citizen, can do something about. Because we -- you, me, all of us -- can stop this, if we just wish hard enough.

The COVER PAGE should include a large, glossy photo of either PORKY PIG......or MISS PIGGY!

Pork Rinds anyone?

it will be a stark contrast to all the fiscal responsibility we've enjoyed since 2000

:eusa_whistle:

I believe that is 100 billion more than this year's budget. So much for cutting the fat

I hate to bring out the dumbshit hat but the budget goes up about that much every year RSR. It was one trillion in Reagan's second term.

Trimming the fat....whatever. Balancing the budget is what counts.

AND the BUDGET IS Congress responsibility, not the pres according to the consti.

I hate to bring out the dumbshit hat but the budget goes up about that much every year RSR. It was one trillion in Reagan's second term.

AND the BUDGET IS Congress responsibility, not the pres according to the consti.

Please don't confuse RSR by stating true facts...his partisan robot mind can not handle it :rofl: :rofl:

So all the liberal whining and complaining about Bush creating huge deficits are lies then. Here you are correctly stating that Congress not the President control the purse strings. Does that mean the last 6 years you have consistantly lied to us about who created the deficits?

Does this mean for 6 of Clinton's 8 years you also lied to us about who brought DOWN the deficit? Talk about politics and the BIG LIE.

Republicans failed to make tax cuts permanent as a way to "work with Dems"

It was the only way to get the tax cuts out of Congress

Now with a great economy, increased revenues, and a shrinking deficit - Dems want to raise taxes

Nothing new there

Under the eight years of Reagan - revenues doubled because of tax cuts

So all the liberal whining and complaining about Bush creating huge deficits are lies then. Here you are correctly stating that Congress not the President control the purse strings. Does that mean the last 6 years you have consistantly lied to us about who created the deficits?

Does this mean for 6 of Clinton's 8 years you also lied to us about who brought DOWN the deficit? Talk about politics and the BIG LIE.

and don't forget about the "jobless recovery" Dems were bellowing about

Forum List

Back