Demonstrators from 46 states 'Take Back the Capitol'

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Now, THIS is REAL democracy. This movement may turn out to be a more powerful force than campaign contributions.

Consequently, congress better take notice. These people are HIGHLY motivated to vote incumbents of either party out of office.

People from around the country are converging on the capitol for "Take Back the Capitol." At the heart of the movement is a similar message to Occupy Wall Street, according to NBCWashington.com. The group says it wants Congress and elected leaders to represent the 99 percent of every day Americans, instead of the wealthiest 1 percent.

PhotoBlog - Demonstrators from 46 states 'Take Back the Capitol'

You're right. Mobs are real Democracy. That's why our Founders established a Republic. Because mob rule is worse than tyranny.

Last edited:
You're right. Mobs are real Democarcy. That's why our Founders established a Republic. Because mob rule is worse than tyranny.

You can always count on conservatives to either use hyperbole or use words innacurately in an attempt to confuse rather than to elucidate the issues. The dictionary defines a mob as:
1 : a large or disorderly crowd; especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action.
Or were you referring to these people as in the second definition?
2: the lower classes of a community : masses, rabble

If so, do you know what you're guilty of doing? You're guilty of doing the very thing that Republicans are claiming Obama does. You're engaging in class warfare because you're insinuating that the so-called "lower classes" are not quite as worthy of the constutional 'rights' that the upper classes can easily manage to buy with campaign contributions.

Power to the people.

oh boy, we're back in the 60's..

yawn.

Hey chick, you are harshing my buzz, man.

sorry, carry on.
marijuana.jpg

They've gotten so partisan that they think democracy is just some unAmerican thing democrats like.

I know exactly what im guilty of: knowing and understanding history and being aware of my suroundings.

You're right. Mobs are real Democarcy. That's why our Founders established a Republic. Because mob rule is worse than tyranny.

You can always count on conservatives to either use hyperbole or use words innacurately in an attempt to confuse rather than to elucidate the issues. The dictionary defines a mob as:
1 : a large or disorderly crowd; especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action.
Or were you referring to these people as in the second definition?
2: the lower classes of a community : masses, rabble

If so, do you know what you're guilty of doing? You're guilty of doing the very thing that Republicans are claiming Obama does. You're engaging in class warfare because you're insinuating that the so-called "lower classes" are not quite as worthy of the constutional 'rights' that the upper classes can easily manage to buy with campaign contributions.

yeah right, they sure look, lower class.
I'll take number 1 for a 100 Alex.

They've gotten so partisan that they think democracy is just some unAmerican thing democrats like.

Actually, we simply realize, as the Founders did, that Democracy is mob rule and doesn't work. Which is why they established a Republic and why we continue to support the Restoration of the Republic.

I guess the name OWS wasn't working out so well, so they figure changing their name will help..

still the same folks, making fools of yourselves..Civilized AND honorable people DON'T OCCUPY others property and TRASH IT.

I guess the name OWS wasn't working out so well, so they figure changing their name will help..

still the same folks, making fools of yourselves..Civilized AND honorable people DON'T OCCUPY others property and TRASH IT.

Unfortunately, I fear that civilized and honorable people are a rare sort nowadays in the world.

Actually, we simply realize, as the Founders did, that Democracy is mob rule and doesn't work. Which is why they established a Republic and why we continue to support the Restoration of the Republic.

Take that hogwash elsewhere, how many oppressive states have called themselves Republics? Too damned many.

Take that hogwash elsewhere, how many oppressive states have called themselves Republics? Too damned many.

you don't like living in this Republic, you could move.
How bout Iran, North Korea, China?

How many oppressive states have called themselves Democracies? Too many as well.

There is a difference between calling yourself a type of government and actually being one.

Forum List

Back